What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The 'voice' movement in Australia and what is really behind it.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
This is what is really behind the 'voice' movement (indigenous voice in Parliament) in Australia.
The referendum is not needed as the first nations people are already recognised under the Constitution, it says at the start of the Constitution 'whereas we the people....', it does NOT say we the white people or we the colonists, it already covers ALL people.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Being that is written on April fools day it may be a bad joke. Either that or a deliberate lie because none of that is accurate.

Under our constitution the indigenous population had no right to vote until a referrendum changed that in 1967. Prior to that the section 127 (now repealed) said "in recognising the numbers of people:..."aboriginal natives shall not be counted".

Btw I suggest you actually read our constitution. It actually says "wheras the people of New South Whales, Victoria" etc, a small difference. You seem to keep quoting "We the people", like the US constitution. I guess you're confused as you seem to import a lot of ideas from the American Right. Of course those "people" only included white people in the original constitution, not the indigenous population.

Last edited:

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Where does it say white people only?
It doesn't explicitly say white people only, however the White Australian Policy came in the same year as the constitution, 1901, and there is certainly "race" written into the original constitution and it still remains today. This White Australian Policy restricted immigration to people of European descent.

The races power, in section 51(xxvi) of the constitution, gives parliament the power to make laws for "the people of any race for whom it is deemed necessary to make special laws".

It was introduced into the 1901 constitution to regulate the migration of particular races to Australia, amid concerns about Chinese and other Asian migrants after the gold rush period of the late 19th century.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

25. Provisions as to races disqualified from voting​

For the purposes of the last section, if by the law of any State all persons of any race are disqualified from voting at elections for the more numerous House of the Parliament of the State, then, in reckoning the number of the people of the State or of the Commonwealth, persons of that race resident in that State shall not be counted.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Again, where does it say white people only? You are reading meaning into words that was not there to begin with, you have a racist mind.

h.h.

Veteran
Voting rights were set by the states. “We the people” were only those who were allowed to vote. The majority being white male landowners. Now shove your racist bull shit up your real voice. Does your mother let you go out?

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Voting rights were set by the states. “We the people” were only those who were allowed to vote. The majority being white male landowners. Now shove your racist bull shit up your real voice. Does your mother let you go out?
Frosty is Australian. For some reason he keeps confusing American Right Wing Nut Jobs as Australian Right Wing Nut Jobs. And he can't tell the difference because someone is spoon feeding him misinformation and he gobbles it up like a baby on his mother's tit.

h.h.

Veteran
When you can’t make it in a life of privilege, you have to blame somebody or otherwise it would be your own damn fault.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
The latest version of the Great Replacement Theory?
Research Australian history FFS.

Again, where does it say whites only?
All I hear from you is white power, white power, white power....you are racist.

Frosty is Australian. For some reason he keeps confusing American Right Wing Nut Jobs as Australian Right Wing Nut Jobs. And he can't tell the difference because someone is spoon feeding him misinformation and he gobbles it up like a baby on his mother's tit.
I can be insulting too;
Can your sister run faster than you or has she been raped by you?
Go do cumshot's with your brother.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I can be insulting too;
Research Great Replacement Theory. It's all the same bullshit.

Oh, and swing and a miss. I'm an only child. You'd have been better off insulting my mom or dad. And for God's sake, be witty about your insults. Put some effort into them, will ya?

h.h.

Veteran

I can be insulting too;
You’re not worth my time much less this sentence. Have a good troll.

Chi13

ICMag Donor

I can be insulting too;
You could do well to research the history as well. Race was written into the Australian Constitution in 1901 so that they could bring in the White Australia Policy (also 1901), which excluded non Whites from coming here. I provided the links but you ignored them. It took until 1967 before indigenous could even vote here.

As I said the wording is not "we the people", it is "Wheras the people". "The people" in this context did not include any non-whites. Not only did non whites have no voting rights, but non whites were no longer allowed here. At the time aboriginals were for the most part confined to missions and it was thought they would die out.

I'm sure you've heard of "Terra Nullius". Australia has a long history of racism (as do many parts of the world).

Last edited: