What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Unc-tanical Gardens

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
if i remember correctly,this is an evening primrose just blooming and with plenty more blossoms to come...these flowers only last for a few hours...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

picture.php

[/FONT]

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
be careful don't walk out there bare foot lol.. There some gorgeous Cacti in your collection.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Spring returns on the uNcFarm- Hey did you get any worms yet?...:)
im about to get some lady bugs to let loose,im sure there must be worms in there somewhere but ive never tortured any red wigglers by letting them loose in the gardens...too hot and dry for them i think...i should ask my plant people...i know theres several praying mantis egg cases around i can see easily,and theres plenty of birds that stop by the yard because theres a pretty active bug thing going on since i focused on important food providing species heavy on the butterfly and hummingbird feeding plants...

Lovely looking garden Unc!
thank you,i think so too,its too bad i cant show the whole thing,its far to distinctive. the whole yard is sculpted with very little in the way of flat space with lots of stone work and little mini gardens...now im ready to start pulling some of the excess cactus out,i have far too many cows tongue prickly pears,they get huge fast...
yup,turns out i really enjoy it in spite of the constant pulling of weeds and the work..

be careful don't walk out there bare foot lol.. There some gorgeous Cacti in your collection.

i got a double whammy the other day,took a cactus spine and when i jerked my hand away i ran it into an agave,ruined yet another pair of gloves with embedded cactus spines....but in another week when they really start blooming its gonna be something! i do probably have the largest in ground collection anywhere around here in terms of species,i only wish i had a proper glass house so i could put all my cactus in the ground...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
got another bloomer,a burgundy flower hedgehog this time..

picture.php
picture.php

picture.php

[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
and these claret cup cactus are really really close...

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

L

Luther Burbank

Hey unc, I picked up a couple great Echeveria. Any experience with them in your climate? They're apparently native to Mexico's highlands.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they like some shade,not good full sun plants mainly,i do have a few that are doing better after a year in the ground,mainly it was the sempervivum that thrived outdoors,theres a huge variety of echiveria available and they do look great in mass plantings...

Latest posts

Latest posts