What's new

The Unc-tanical Gardens

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Spinosad on the outdoor garden would save you from many pests. it takes out whiteflies, worms, aphids and probably some beetles, just not mites.

Your cactus look great.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
they just never had any at the garden stores this year or actually i kept forgetting and then they would be out when i remembered...plus with the way the rains have been over the past few years its been tough on gardens because they are typically the only fresh green foliage around for months since we havent been getting much winter and spring rain...the ants were totally out of control and since they will herd aphids that was a big problem this spring/early summer....it was a learning experience for sure...

Spinosad I. The outdoor garden will rid you of many pests, especially the beneficial ones. If this is your issue spinosad should be used, maybe also plant something besides cannabis

Hey unc, nice garden going. I just picked up a eetsy bitty aloe like the one in the picture. With the spindly looking fillets and is it called European?

I was wondering why you placed it in a shallow looking pot? Or not. And does it clone well from a branch top cutting or takes too long that way?

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Spinosad I. The outdoor garden will rid you of many pests, especially the beneficial ones. If this is your issue spinosad should be used, maybe also plant something besides cannabis
It takes out bad pests only , and is safe for pets,and around kids. It should be dry before any bees are allowed around it, although bees dont belong around your female plants anyway.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey unc, nice garden going. I just picked up a eetsy bitty aloe like the one in the picture. With the spindly looking fillets and is it called European?

I was wondering why you placed it in a shallow looking pot? Or not. And does it clone well from a branch top cutting or takes too long that way?
which aloe? :biggrin: theres 3 in that dish,a zanzibar,a candelabra and i think a park avenue...
aloe usually propagates via suckers or pups that form around the base,if you pot aloes in a smallish pot they tend to pup quicker,i dont think cuttings work too well but i could be wrong about that..i think i have about a half dozen different aloes around..

It takes out bad pests only , and is safe for pets,and around kids. It should be dry before any bees are allowed around it, although bees dont belong around your female plants anyway.
well i wouldnt really want to be spraying anything that might harm bees,theres at least a dozen plants specifically to attract them...

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
like some of these....its not all spines over here...

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i suppose it was inevitable....my resident blue tailed skinks senor and senora lizardo have apparently been doing the horizontal lizard dance because i saw a little baby blue tailed skink today....

captain planet

Veteran
At least some ones getting action at your place , even if it's a skink and not one of those Walmart skanks u always eye up! :)

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yah know,i could have sworn i heard barry white music playing like a month ago...well i suppose its better than having to clean up skink condoms all the time...

C

Carlos Danger

Uncle, what are those yellow flowers? 3rd pic in that post above. They're beautiful. I live in a high humidity high rainfall area, are you allowed cannabis outdoors, and what sort of issues arise in a dry climate like that, other than water constraints?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a rain lilly,its a desert plant that would no doubt drown anywhere with real rainfall...

it,and i believe this is the technical term..too fucking hot to grow outdoors here...thats not true,but i imagine it would be tough to keep them watered well enough....

I picked up one that looks like the ones on the right in that pic, the taller ones with evenly colored almost blue fillet's. its just a baby though. I also have the standard barbadensis variety and a South African grass qloe
I just did a google and it says branch cuttings are good, but they need to dry after the cut to prevent root rot. Makes sense. Wish it was that easy with canna. I've had some luck with canna cuttings but more happy with air layers

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I picked up one that looks like the ones on the right in that pic, the taller ones with evenly colored almost blue fillet's. its just a baby though. I also have the standard barbadensis variety and a South African grass qloe
I just did a google and it says branch cuttings are good, but they need to dry after the cut to prevent root rot. Makes sense. Wish it was that easy with canna. I've had some luck with canna cuttings but more happy with air layers

if i recall correctly thats an Aloe cilaris (sp?) or candelabra aloe,that actually came from walmart or homedespot and is part of the cactus.com collection...its been growing fast this summer and i probably need to repot that into a deeper planter and maybe consider separating the different plants..
makes sense that a branch cutting would root,most of the succulents will root very easily...depending on what it is,during the time when the callus is forming i will often rub the wound in a little powdered charcoal to help prevent any rot and it also seems to speed the process up a bit.depending on your ambient conditions it can take up to a month for a good callus to form and it can take another month for roots to start forming...i usually use cactus mix with a nice thick layer of horticulture sand,the overpriced stuff in little bags,the super sharp stuff...it helps to keep too much water away..

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the morning glory i planted a couple months ago is finally blooming alongside the jasmine and evening primrose..

picture.php

[/FONT]
picture.php

[/FONT]

smart pot garden needs some thinning i think....squash are getting big...

picture.php
[/FONT]

this cactus just happened to be catching the light,one of the many mammilaria...

picture.php
[/FONT]
getting a nice late summer wave of blossoms out front..

picture.php
[/FONT]

captain planet

Veteran
You planted morning glory, I can't get rid of it! Every 2 years it destroys my bamboo/reed fences..... Doesn't break down fast enough in my compost either...... I can't stand it

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you must have water from the sky or something...it is doing a good job of climbing the jasmine plant,between the two of them they should take over a fair stretch of chainlink fence...