What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

The ULTIMATE stealth strain

• Can it be done?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Will it not work?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Would you grow it?

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

teide

Veteran
We are in luck. Liltree mentioned some abc pheno looking quite landrace in his original abc. Looks like the line already has the bead pheno in its genetics! We need not worry if the grinspoon pheno isn't found or if long flowering sativas don't transfer their bud pheno easily. We might be so lucky to find it in a pheno search in regular abc, and then focus on maintaining it while bringing up the potency.
I came over this photo on instagram.
Looks very promising to me!
picture.php

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Supposed to be regular abc strain according to the grower. Could be mistaken for a sativa landrace or a ruderalis, the leaves at least resemble some rudy variants I've seen.
This to me indicates that this pheno is an old genetics-phenomena, that is seen in landraces that are not worked for yield or potency, easily lost in hybrids, but reappearing sometimes as an expression from the past.
No comments or in depth information of the grow in that Instagram post. Just says abc soon ready for harvest. Hope it's not incorrect, hope there is a follow up post.
Anyway, does it resemble what you found in one of your abcs, liltree? And what does yours look like now? Did you harvest and sample it yet?

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Your cross sounds like a good idea, holderchert. Which way will you go, subt1 x nanda devi or nanda devi x subt1, any preference?
Are you planning on backcrossing, or just selecting through the generations?

I think a feral strain like yours is a perfect choice for an abc hybrid. If it could pass on a vine like trait, it would improve the abc appearance in my opinion. Some abc phenos look feral in their buds and small single finger leaves, there is some shared genetics in that area, it seems. Subt1 might be bred away from that, and it might be easier to get similar phenos in regular abc. On the other hand, feral traits may be recessive and just wsiting to emerge as soon as landrace is introduced in the mix, it will be very interesting to see your results, holderchert!

G

This pheno from a little while ago is pretty close to pearly. Important to note that this plant is full of seed and that may completely change it's structure. I'm confident it'll pop back up in the offspring

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200813-082631~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200813-082631~2.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 60

teide

Veteran
I'd say it is very close to pearly, a great structure to work with. I agree, being seeded might give a rounder expression, but still it is a great starting point.
Your plan to reverse it sounds like a safe bet, as males won't tell us the potential bud structure. I am also planning on selfing the females that seem interesting for further crosses. Gives you a lot bigger number to work with compared to clones. Do you know whether abc takes well to cloning or revegging?
I am doubting more and more that the Instagram photo I posted is of an abc. Like you suggested, might be a revegging sativa. Wish we could get an update. The plant looks tenfold the size of yours, but I've seen photos of huge subt1 and abc after a really long veg..
Anyone else dare to bet on the validity of it being abc, or suggestions to what else it might be?

G

Not too sure how well it revegges or clones but I'd assume it would be similar to most sativas.

Here's a pic of a quad folate bastard seedling, it's going to be a shrub I'd imagine. Trying to find out if it's passed on to offspring but haven't reached a solid answer yet. Hopefully it's a she

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200821-174920~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20200821-174920~2.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 35

teide

Veteran
Thanks for the tip, Im'one! Looks quite similar to the urgam valley. Would fit well in an abc cross.

teide

Veteran
Today my ABC seeds arrived, along with freebie ABC hybrids. Now I am ready to join the rest of you in the pheno searches and experimental crosses!

teide

Veteran
picture.php

I have been proven wrong.
Excellent superfoxtailing buds can indeed show up in an auto! This is a cheese xxl auto from dinafem.

teide

Veteran
The bud structure commonly associated with long flowering sativas is not genetically linked to a long flowering period. The pheno exists in autos! So we should be able to get an auto abc with beady/wheat-like foxtails..
picture.php

This is a RQS royal cheese auto.
picture.php

teide

Veteran
Cheese seems to be a common denominator in these phenos..
The last pheno looks very much like an increased version of liltree's site4 sativa pheno. The cheese seems to have the same nontypical one finger leaves.
This pheno from a little while ago is pretty close to pearly. Important to note that this plant is full of seed and that may completely change it's structure. I'm confident it'll pop back up in the offspring

Teide, where did you find these examples? Exceptional. Of all the pictures of cheese xxl by dinafem I've seen posted online in various forums, and RQS cheese auto as well, I cant seem to find a single example that exhibits the same foxtail architecture. I'm searching grow diaries and other forums now.

teide

Veteran
Grow diaries also has this one, a dr. Feelgood from Short Stuff. An auto with very similar characteristics to the cheese xxl auto, even the red stems.
picture.php

teide

Veteran
ya ruderalis tosses buds with that look esp with low light

I guess the one thing all foxtailing autos have in common is ruderalis genetics. So the trait might be latent in any auto strain, especially if not meticulously bred away from rudi traits.
I have one pure ruderalis seedling going, very exited to watch it developing over the next weeks, hoping for a male to give me pollen for many crosses.

Ruderialis isn't actually a separate species of Cannabis, "ruderal" literally translates to recently wild or "weedy". Technically every strain of cannabis has some ruderal or feral linage, even if very distant. This is why many true landrace sativa strains from regions where cannabis is found feral often exhibit phenotype which display these beady traits, due to wild airborne ruderal cannabis pollen contaminating outdoor cannabis farms. This can be seen in the Nanda Devi strain I referenced earlier availabe from TRSC.

Latest posts

Latest posts