• Can it be done?

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Will it not work?

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Would you grow it?

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Miasa Mura

Looking good! Looks like you've got variation between the ABCs. I've found a few trends between seedling leaf shape and final leaf shape. The longer more serrated seedlings usually ended out with the sharper look while the shorter more curvey seedlings usually ended out more rounded fatter leaves. Although wasn't always the case. Curious to see if others experience the same trends

I did notice the same thing with the ABC I’ve grown as well.

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Looking very pretty.

picture.php

A few phenos to explore!

teide

Veteran
Too much work. It would be nice to have uniformity. But the site4 is probably not potent enough on its own. so an inbred site4 would not have satisfying effect. I want to outcross it to SEA sativa to get stringy buds and improved high. I will pheno hunt for the most discreet leaves for now, and I might try to stabilize one type of leaves by selection and intercrossing, but in the end those phenos would be outcrossed to a stronger cultivar.

X

x-ray

In July this year, I got some wild North Korean x No.1 haze seeds from a friend. It's flowers look like strings of pearls, and the leaves are normal. But the germination rate is very low. He said that wild Korean seeds bloom early, flowering period is long, like a semi-auto strain. Wild Korean flowers also have slight strings of pearls.Due to national reasons, I can't pay on Humboldt csi. So I am looking for a place where I can buy ABC SITE4 IBL with BTC.

teide

Veteran
C99 x ABC F1 from humboldt csi.
Same age as the site4 abc, but twice the size already. Damn, the abc are slow..
picture.php

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
I also though of succulents the first time I saw a photo of abc, sunshineinabag!
They don't feel succulent to the touch, but as long as they're small, they could surely go undetected in a terrarium among other plants. And they sure look small next to my same age abc f1 hybrid.
picture.php

teide

Veteran
picture.php

Still don't have a beady or wheat bud pheno, but my sole grinspoon plant is close as a starting point.
picture.php

teide

Veteran
I am also growing a Thai Chi from Ace, still in veg. Don't know if it will have useable foxtails, but it will be crossed with other thai and haze hybrids. Some time the bud pheno will show up.

G

C99 x ABC F1 from humboldt csi.
Same age as the site4 abc, but twice the size already. Damn, the abc are slow..
View Image

The ABC's will pick up the pace soon. They go from extremely slow seedlings to slow mature plants in veg, followed by a large stretch in flower

Sava

That would be awesome.
Hyb has encountered the pheno himself.
View Image
He claims it's non-heritable.

Seeing this several times before, so this is already typical thing.

Teide, i'll try to cross Subt and ABC with kashmir landrace as you asked earlier in this thread. Good idea. I'm still waiting for itto arrive in a few days. Also there is an interesting variety in I.L.E collection from Srinagar...This wild plant has somewhat unusual flowers and structure...

Last edited:

teide

Veteran
Lolab valley lemon Kashmir. Excellent. Very interesting if you can get the vine structure, red stens and foxtails!
IIRC, breadwizard popped quite a few seeds of lolab valley, and it was deemed low potency. But man, it will be a feral cross! I suggest using subt pollen on the lolab, as abc x lolab probably will be very weak..

G

The variation within leaf structure is crazy. This one here has made the cut so far ticking all the boxes. Best stem rub and it's also red, making it an interesting male. Will most likely be the chosen male.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201013-145956~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20201013-145956~2.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 45

teide

Veteran
Sounds great, liltree. I dig red stems. Makes me think of exotic asian landrace and dj short genetics. I think pure red or purple stems helps with the stealth look, but I am unsure whether it is related to potency in any way. I've read mr. Alkaline's thread about red stems, but I was not unfortunately any wiser. Do you think red stems might be linked to low potency in any way? As subt1 has lost the red trait along with its increased potency.

G

I wouldn't be surprised if there's no link at all. I think it was just a trait present in the genes of the old sats getting around Oz. I know some old Durban lines also display the same trait. I think it looks nice and possibly the people who preserved it also felt the same and selected for it. It's also very likely that it has had an outcross/back cross throughout it's existence so could be related to something from that.

teide

Veteran
Do you know anything about the differences between the site 3 and site 4 abc?
On humboldt csi's web page they say these are two out of four sites where abc was sourced.
Phenos look similar in their photos, but site3 is sold out and has a higher selling price. I only have site 4 seeds. Very pleased with them, just interesting to hear more about the background.
Isn't the one who preserved those seeds a member on this forum? Would be cool to get some info, feedback and advice from him..

G

1979 Xmas X ABC diy STS reversal is looking promising about 50/50 male female flowers to self this F1. This isn't really great breeding practices being a S1 of a 1:1 F1 but it's kind of a practice round for the future projects

The test auto bastard is a little legend (hit with some site 4 pollen on a low branch because it was all I had) might make for a vigorous F1 bastard..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201023-173535.jpg
    Screenshot_20201023-173535.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 39