What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
Thundurkel - Good question, but I think it would be tough. To make BHO you really need a larger container with holes at both ends. Also, the pressure of the butane happens naturally from its expansion as it turns into a gas, so I don't think there would be much use for the plunger. Now, if you had said an ISO wash or ISO-HO you might hava a good idea there. Pack the tube with super high-quality trim, fill to the top with ISO, put on small hole disk, allow it to stand for an hour or so, then start to screw her down. You wouldn't get much quantity, but I bet the quality would be pretty cool.

ArcticBlast

It's like a goddamned Buick Regal
Veteran
I went to a Michael's about 30 minutes from my house today, and had a chat with the Stock department on why I cant find these at any of their stores. They checked on the computer for me, and sure enough, they're just burning off old inventory. The Makin Professional Extruder is discontinued, so buy them while you still can

ArcticBlast

REZDOG

Veteran
Afom sent me one a while back.
Great for pressing kief turds,definitely not needed for bubble.
All in all,a cool toy-and much better than $200USD for a "Piecemaker"!

Cheers!

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
I went to a Michael's about 30 minutes from my house today, and had a chat with the Stock department on why I cant find these at any of their stores. They checked on the computer for me, and sure enough, they're just burning off old inventory. The Makin Professional Extruder is discontinued, so buy them while you still can

ArcticBlast

It's discontinued at Michael's but not by the manufacturer

http://www.makinsclay.com/US/eng/products/ultimate.htm

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
I made a couple of calls and a few of the other "Craft" stores say they will continue to carry them. And the bigger stores will honor Michael's 40% off coupon if you bring it in.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
ooOOOoooh, coupons??

Do these other stores have names? And yeah i really like the stainless steel one on their website, how sexy is that thing?

ArcticBlast

HempKat

Veteran
ooOOOoooh, coupons??

Do these other stores have names? And yeah i really like the stainless steel one on their website, how sexy is that thing?

ArcticBlast

Having bought both let me say that while the stainless steel one looks nicer and should be able to stand more pressure being made of steel rather then aluminum. It doesn't seem to be able to be cranked down as tightly. Apparently being that it is a fair bit shorter then the aluminum one you don't get as much torque and leverage on it. It still works but if you like your hash super hard, the stainless steel one may not be the right one for you.

ArcticBlast

Veteran
good info HempKat, thanks!

i guess i'll have to get the green one and 'mod' it with better seals or something! maybe brush off all the green to make it 'silver'. After i get one, of course

ArcticBlast

HempKat

Veteran
good info HempKat, thanks!

i guess i'll have to get the green one and 'mod' it with better seals or something! maybe brush off all the green to make it 'silver'. After i get one, of course

ArcticBlast

Well in defense of the green one it hasn't failed on me yet. I just mention the inherent weakness because if you crank on it too hard and/ too quickly it could fail. If you take it slow and steady the way pipedream originally described in the thread you should be fine.

sugabear_II

Veteran
I'm really likeing the stainless model ...

here's some hash pucks I have made and been nibblin on back two right top are brand new. as you can see I've been doing little designs in there with some of the different molds - I hit the top with a lighter to seal a bit more and browned the teardrop one...

10099hashishishish.JPG

puffin one of these pucks right now... 2+ years later - I sealed each one in it's own little vacuum bag and damn if they didn't keep really well - puffs so nice right now and when i break off a little piece it is still nice and soft but real dense - yum - I'll have to take a pic of an aged piece to show the differences it makes

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks for the heads up PP! I will have to get me one now for a portable.

I make buttons in the hydraulic tincture press that I made out of a $16 12,000 psi bottle jack and some scrap channel and angle. I made an adaptor out of a 1" close nipple with a cap on one end, and two pieces of 1" steel dowel pin.

With one dowel pin in the bottom of the pipe resting against the cap, I fill the pipe with hash or powdered bud, set the other dowel pin on top, and press buttons out of it.

You could actually do the same thing with any bottle jack and just stick it and the adaptor under a truck or car and use it for the upper press frame.

At 12KSI, everything I have pressed so far hangs together well, so I haven't needed additional binders, but I have doused the pipe load of both bubble hash and powdered bud with honey oil before pressing it, to add to the potency. It makes some one hit meds.

Gray Wolf

make better haswh from your powdered bud

make better haswh from your powdered bud

If you guys want better tasting, smoother tokin' hash just drop your bud powder into a big jar of, filled about 3/4 full of very cold water. Shake it all up really good to mix the powder consistently with the water.
Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours and you will see that you have a white to sandy colored material settling to the bottom. This is the pure stalked tricromes. The thc is heavier than water and will sink to the bottom while the plant matter will float.
After a few hours take the lid off the jar and give the matter at the top a good stir to free up any remaining thc crystals from the plant material and allow it to sink. Let the thc keep settling for 10 to 12 hours. Use a piece of clear 1/4" hose to siphon off the water and floating plant material down to within 1/4 to 3/8ths of an inch of your pure sweet thc crystals.
Pour the remaining water and thc into a shallow glass baking dish and put it into the oven at the lowest setting (150 degrees F) leave the oven door open a bit so the evaporating water can escape. Allow to dry till all that remains is a fairly dry powder that is very slightly sticky feeling when pinched between the fingers.
You will find that pure thc hash takes little to no heat to press into a tight shiny puck.
Depending on the strain and thc content of your trim (and buds if you choose to hash them) you will end up with about 8 to 20% of the material you first put in, but remember, its only the thc that gets you high. All the vegation that you threw away only made your smoke harsh and took more of it. A pin head size piece will send you straight to happy happy land.
Happy tokin' to all and to all a good night!

glad you liked the tip elfstone

glad you liked the tip elfstone

Here is another. instead if spending hours and hours with a little grinder to powder your trim and bud in preperation to using the method I shared earlier, just throw a big handfull in a blender with ice water. put the blender on high for a minute or so. Then pour it into your jar, add more water if needed and allow it to settle out as previousily described
Happy tokin':joint:

Try a big mouth glass jar with the ring but not the insert. Put your goods in the jar and someithing to break up the bud but not the nylon stocking that your going to put over it. Every store has pantyhose I would believe. The wife can get them anywhere. Make sure the you kinda de stem the buds so that they don't poke a hole though the nylon.

Shake the jar over a very clean, smooth, glass like surface that you can collect the heads off from

Then press. Nice thrread Pipedream

condor420

if anyone has a problem finding one in local craft store u can order online from craftworld.in my research it was the cheapeast with shipping 27usd.just got mine yesterday will be trying today:woohoo:

HEY ALL didn't want to start a new thread so i will post here...

Is it possible to press full melt dry sieve?

For some reason i think it would like melt under pressure or heat... im guessing you don't have to apply heat if you were pressing full melt...

Any insights on this?

Latest posts

Latest posts