What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

The_Rooster

Pipedream im gunna go ahead and say it ... You my good sir are a freakin genius ... thank you very much for this post it will help me out alot

ghykhap

mucho mucho thanks

mucho mucho thanks

Great tip. Got my press in. less than $25 bucks after shipping. been playing with some highly resinous waste I have been trying to figure out just what to do with.

This thing is ideal... and just the right thing for those "WTF do I do with these popcorn buds..." moments, etc.

with a little heating out comes a hard green-black puck of pressed kief/hash/bud whatever... quality limited only by the amount of trichromes in the mix you powder with a coffee grinder. Wonderful

Also how many of us actually post a tip that is _still_ relevant over four years later.

Kudos OP great post.

G.

smokum420

Just bought a stainless sharpstone press from a local headshop... I love this thing and process and can't believe I've never come across this option before.

So much more convenient for weed puck storage, and layering BHO, kief, and bud makes for some killer smoke !!

OHman this is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. What kind of hash is this classified as? how long does that 1.1g dime imprint last you?

Pipedream

Proudly Growing My Own Since 1969
Veteran
What kind of hash is this classified as, & how long does that 1.1g dime imprint last?

If you just press the powdered glands with a minimum of heat, it's Blonde Kief. Keep it in dark-cool-airtight container,and it can stay that way for years and years. Of course, with smokers around, all bets are off.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I made a hydraulic button press, but I saw an interesting impromptu buttion die on another forum, which used a pipe nipple, a bolt, and a simple bench vice that worked slick too.

Look around you and give your imagination flight!

Demandred

I know what it is cause i have one just like it. Its a "Mr Coffee" coffee bean grinder.
available at walmart for about 12.00
works great too!

Nice my experience....
I use 1.0 gram but 1.1 gram is cool too.
I use my bubble hash....
I don't use the heater or think it is needed (maybe cause I use the bubble)....
I use plastic (syrain) wrap around the dimes because the hash is too sticky and sticks to the dimes and makes it a pain to get off (maybe from not using the heater)
Anyways, the plastic wrap makes it come off easy and pretty. It saves a lot of time. The only problem is that I have to replace the plastic every few presses, a pain if you have ounces of bubble. I am thinking of a solution for that....

FarmerGreen

THE ULTIMATE PERSONAL PROFESSIONAL HASH PRESS FOR UNDER 20 BUCKS !!

I spray the inside of my press with a little rice bran oil. I'm sure any vegetable/cooking oil spray would do. Then I leave the whole thing in the freezer for half an hour or so to firm it up. Tends to all cone away with not much sticking

Dkgrower

Veteran
I use baking paper when i press and if u heat press use one off those cooking bags fore the oven

dgr

Here's a couple coupons for you guys. Act fast as one is a 50% labor day coupoon

Attachments

• michaels labor day 50 percent off - Copy - Copy.jpg
    michaels labor day 50 percent off - Copy - Copy.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 58

9Lives8Left

In my opinion the clay extruder works better. I have never really like those little presses like that sharp. With the clay extruder you can get more pressure as well due to the added leverage from the handle. How much difference it makes I couldn't say but I believe you would be happier with it than the dinky little sharp press.

Oh and it says 7 piece but there are 8 in the pictures, I wonder what piece you don't get...

Last edited:

Herbophile

My experience with that clay extruder wasn't good. The first use stripped the threads from the end. It literally pulled the threads right off as they aren't machined very deep because the tube is so thin.

I recently bought this one.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000MFIW12/ref=oh_o06_s00_i00_details

It's a good product if you're doing small amounts. I do 1 gram at a time and press it with no heat and it works great. The biggest negative is the lack of a handles on the caps for leverage like the clay extruder has. So if you're doing a lot at a time your hands get pretty sore.

The other day I picked up some aluminum bar stock and am going to just make my own over at my friends machine shop. I was a machinist in my prior life so it will be simple process as soon as I have the time.

Latest posts

Latest posts