What's new

The Ultimate L.E.D Grow. 126w Penetrator - *New Technique

MeanBean

Yeah the sreen height is a bit high but the plants had grownso large before I put the screen on I did not wann risk breaking the stems. However I think L.E.D's work best in the 4 to 12" range, starts to slightly fade off after that.

With the screen at that height though, I think its going to make me alot of dense buds.

LEDGirl

Veteran
Looking good MeanBean, I really like that screen! Your idea seems to be catching on, as I have people on other sites now looking to do similar grows using a single light for dual areas to maximize yield. ;)

MeanBean

Looking good MeanBean, I really like that screen! Your idea seems to be catching on, as I have people on other sites now looking to do similar grows using a single light for dual areas to maximize yield. ;)

Wow, thats cool! Your my witness that was my idea lol!!! Hey if you notice someone actually doing this and posting it online let me get the link!

MeanBean

Thanks Brother, Things are looking pretty good now in there, I plan on sendin in some pics on sunday...
Yea that boa feather thing is doing me well!!

NHMI

Great job man. I want to get a 100w+ LED...I am thinking about trying to build one, I ordered all the components, now I need to figure out how to put it together...

MeanBean

Great job man. I want to get a 100w+ LED...I am thinking about trying to build one, I ordered all the components, now I need to figure out how to put it together...

Thanks For stopping! Yeah I thought it would be fun to make my own led panel but I am fully entertained by just growing the plant.. There's so much to do and learn.

But I am all ears is your going to build something, I'd like to check it out for sure! being able to control spectrum's like this should really enable us to manipulate this fine plant even further!!

This link may help you though, let me know what you think!

http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz

Darkgan

Wow, thats cool! Your my witness that was my idea lol!!! Hey if you notice someone actually doing this and posting it online let me get the link!

Hey MeanBean. I may or may not be the person she's talking about, but regardless I've got an interesting idea up my sleeve for a double-duty light. I won't reveal it yet, and it's certainly nothing groundbreaking, but I think it'll prove to be a pretty neat way of doing the light moving (Among other things). And yes, you (Along with Verdant) were definitely the inspirations for the idea, and I'll definitely credit you both in my grow journal. The journal won't be up and running for a few weeks, though. Still waiting on the light, and I have to setup the containers :)

Excellent grow, by the way. I'm a lurker, not much of a poster, but yeah it's looking good.

My setup will be somewhat micro/stealth. The system is designed to be as easy as possible to clean (I REALLY hate vacuuming soil out of my carpet, and hydro isn't an option...). The light moving won't be anything mechanical -- I'm too cheap for that, and I don't want the added technicalities (I'm mechanically retarded). It'll be manual, so I'll have to switch the light back and forth every twelve hours. With the design of the system, though, this should be very fuss-free. I won't be going on vacation anytime soon, and have a relatively stable schedule, so it should be rather easy to accomplish (I already manually switch lights on/off every day, as every timer I've tried has failed miserably).

Anyways, I apologize for hijacking your thread! You just seemed like you might be interested in hearing about it/seeing it when I bring it into fruition. Hopefully it works as well as I'm planning.

MeanBean

Darkan, No prob about the lurkin, there's about 10,000 views of this thread, I'm glad to bee lurked but I knew it was happening lol!

Hey I think it is great you are inspired by this grow, Also yes Verdant is like a stone, solid heavy results. He's always glad to help and I am pretty sure he knows a thing or 2 about soil if you ever had any questions.. I am all DWC for now.

Anyhow Yeah the manual way would work, but geez thats dedication flopping it yourself. Let me get the link for sure when you post up!

On a side note the light mover deal is pretty easy, I got my mover for 100 bucks. then you just need the timer to run it for 1/2 the time it takes for the light to make a full rotation 1 ever 12 hours..

I even shortened it 13 inches, it was a snap...

Lastly Please, don't worrie about jacking my thread, I aint like that, I need something to read, I am bored!! lol!!

Darkgan

Yeah, the manual way is a bit more dedication, but with how I'm setting it up it shouldn't be much more effort than switching on the lights in the first place (Which I have to do anyways. Or at least, choose to do.)

Aside from money issues, and mechanical retardation, I just couldn't really find a way to work a light mover in my system. It's not a cab, but rather two entirely separate grow boxes. It's sort of like a double PC grow, but with one light instead of two. (It's not quite as stealthy or small as a PC grow, but it should definitely have some stealth appeal). It's important for me that these boxes be able to 'separate', so that I can fit them in multiple places (It would look really odd to have four of em just sittin around in my closet...) Oh, and it'll be a SCRoG.

I'll definitely throw you a link when I get it up and running. Again, it's nothing groundbreaking, but it should definitely be interesting none-the-less.

Edit: Stoned

MeanBean

Mid 4th Week

Mid 4th Week

OK Things are still going strong. I flushed the plants today just because I was noided. The ph was normal and everything inside the buckets look good. Roots are strong and white! a 5 gallon bucket is all you would ever need per plant with my style grow for sure, and a 3 gallon should work just fine..

Scroggerman, your right she seems to hate the screen, wants to go up real bad. I have been pulling allot of leaves off her to keep them from layering up to much and sweating... 2 more weeks of stretching and I should be a bit better off!

On a side note I have a mother plant around 3 weeks ahead of these, here's a link to see how shes doing. She was the mother of these clones you are watching here...

Dutch Passion - The Ultimate - LED Rodeo Tie Down Featuring Lead Hearder LST!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Scrogerman

Veteran
Hey Mean,
I see you have had to create a Carpet Scrog, i see you have little room and your hand is being forced to train through the Screen in this fashion. Yeah im sure you'll get the screen height right on your next run. Looking real healthy in there man, nice work. I think you'll end up with cola's around 6" - 10", maybe a little bigger or maybe not, This strain aint a big stretcher, thats for sure, i'd say 30%-50% increase in total mass after the 12/12 switch, a very 'Indica' trait, you wouldent think so going by leaf structure/shape. I'd say you have the 50/50 pheno there man, the sati pheno's i had seemed slightly more sati leaning than those & like i said the 50/50 was the overall winning pheno for me, it was the 'slightly-sour Fruity pheno, so i hope for you that its the same one, was a real nice one & clearly beat the other's in every way imo. looking Good bro'!
Peace & Respect......Scrog;'!!! ;) ;) ;)

Nice work MeanBean!!! I must aplaud you on your innovation. You seem to have worked out all the bugs and it's running like a well oiled machine. I myself am a majuana McGiver. Nothing as ground breaking as you; but totally custom all the way. Good show, old chap. Keep up the good work.

MeanBean

Alright,

Blynx, thanks for getting me motivated to take these pics, here they are my friends.

ScroggerMan, hey nice having you stop by and as always thanks for the input, I had been reading your dp thread and learned alot where you were explaining you'd like a 70/30 mix strain for a scrog setup.

I am gonna go ahead and run with that little piece of advise and so now I am looking for my new strain. The chronic is defiantly in the runnings but I am starting to think I may want a stain I have never seen before, I guess I am hoping to discover something new!!

Killerweed, CovertCultivator: thanks for the props and applaud!

Yeah I am really happy about this setup now. everything is running very smoothly.. If you read the whole thread you would know I am flowering the mother of these plants and shes about 2 weeks ahead of this grow. view it here

Her buds are getting massive, especially considering the setup shes in. If the buds get this big on this here grow I am going to have a ton of crops.... No reason why they wont be as big really. on top of that the screen has lots and lots and lots of bud sites, even has alot more under the screen grabbing up the second hand light.

This grow should be something to see in the next coming weeks. the tricomes are juuust starting up..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

killerweed31

Smile Vs Cry
Veteran
maybe you take out some fan leaves, more light for small bud down after grow good and coming hard rock ..... i think!!

MeanBean

maybe you take out some fan leaves, more light for small bud down after grow good and coming hard rock ..... i think!!

You are exactly right my friend! I am planning in about 2 weeks to take approx 10-15 leafs per plant off every few days until it's nice an airy again!!

I am a strong believer in pruning!

I agree that is is packed in there leaf wise, during this stage I do pick out leafs. prolly already pulled 75. but I only pull them to keep them from getting to layered on each other and making that little wet perspiration areas ya know?? I always compare to what V is doing with his screeen and it looks like he goes pretty leafy lol!!

Tropik, thanks for stopping by brother!