What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The traitor within?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cannavore

Veteran
When I say truly evil, I mean people like the Nightstalker, Manson, Dahmer, Hitler, Stalin, Mao. Some people are truly evil. I have seen more than a few people who have beaten their own children to death in my area recently. If you don't see that their is evil abounding in this world, you aren't paying attention.

People get so focused on what they think is a better way, they fail to account for the evil in the world.

Morality is not universal, I wish it was.

I will be the first to admit that I can get riled up about politics. I try to see others perspective.

[YOUTUBEIF]mpx4ODP35VQ[/YOUTUBEIF]

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Free speech has nothing to do with who's side has more numbers, or what political affiliation they have...... You must know this..... But lets start with Louis Farrakhan, how about that?

An example, ISIS still has a facebook page. Hamas has a facebook page.

If you think Alex Jones should have his first amendment rights taken away, then how about non us citizen groups like ISIS? If you think they are in the same ballpark, then I think you need to see a doctor.......

Where did I say I think any of this?

Is social media required to adhere to the US constitution?

How easy was it to look up the back and forth battle of social media companies trying to take down terrrorist related material? Why have most moved on to less scrupulous platforms?

How much crack do I need to think like you?

packerfan79

Veteran
i would have voted for this woman as a Sanders/Gabbard ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIb2lmHgd5s

i'm glad Joe Rogan had her on. need more voices like her and less Ben Shapiro, lol.

Ok Cannavore she seems to be a fairly clearheaded person. She's probably gotten more done in her short time in government, than Sanders has in his decades. If she was smart she would stay away from old loonbag career politicians like Sanders.

So has Sanders even proposed a single piece of legislation in his tenure in the Senate?

W

Water-

Ok Cannavore she seems to be a fairly clearheaded person. She's probably gotten more done in her short time in government, than Sanders has in his decades. If she was smart she would stay away from old loonbag career politicians like Sanders.

So has Sanders even proposed a single piece of legislation in his tenure in the Senate?

examples:
1992: Congress passes Sanders’ first signed piece of legislation to create the National Program of Cancer Registries. A Reader’s Digest article calls the law “the cancer weapon America needs most.” All 50 states now run registries to help cancer researchers gain important insights.

July 2010: Sanders works with Republican Congressman Ron Paul in the House to pass a measure as part of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street reform bill to audit the Federal Reserve, revealing how the independent agency gave $16 trillion in near zero-interest loans to big banks and businesses after the 2008 economic collapse.

April 2013: Sanders introduces legislation to break up major Wall Street banks so large that the collapse of one could send the overall economy into a downward spiral.

August 2014: A bipartisan $16.5 billion veterans bill written by Sen. Sanders, Sen. John McCain and Rep. Jeff Miller is signed into law by President Barack Obama. The measure includes $5 billion for the VA to hire more doctors and health professionals to meet growing demand for care.

March 2015: Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) introduced legislation to expand benefits and strengthen the retirement program for generations to come. The Social Security Expansion Act was filed on the same day Sanders and other senators received the petitions signed by 2 million Americans, gathered by the National Committee to Preserve Social Security and Medicare.

When I say truly evil, I mean people like the Nightstalker, Manson, Dahmer, Hitler, Stalin, Mao. Some people are truly evil. I have seen more than a few people who have beaten their own children to death in my area recently. If you don't see that their is evil abounding in this world, you aren't paying attention.

People get so focused on what they think is a better way, they fail to account for the evil in the world.

Morality is not universal, I wish it was.

I will be the first to admit that I can get riled up about politics. I try to see others perspective.

Not to mention mothers aborting their children in record numbers....... Personally I consider that evil in most cases.

They're stifling news of a dubious nature.

Is it their fault the right is thickly populated with fake news accounts? Yes both sides have factions playing loose and free with the facts but the overwhelming majority are right wing. What does the left have to rival Alex Jones?

Free speech has nothing to do with who's side has more numbers, or what political affiliation they have...... You must know this..... But lets start with Louis Farrakhan, how about that?

An example, ISIS still has a facebook page. Hamas has a facebook page.

If you think Alex Jones should have his first amendment rights taken away, then how about non us citizen groups like ISIS? If you think they are in the same ballpark, then I think you need to see a doctor.......

How easy was it to look up the back and forth battle of social media companies trying to take down terrrorist related material? Why have most moved on to less scrupulous platforms?

:tiphat: Why insult me personally? You have some kind of Napoleon complex or something?

So you think free speech is only protected when not on social media huh? Sheeple.......

Just like religion is protected but only in your own house right?

Or how gun rights are protected except in school zones, government zones, sandwich shops, ext ext....

All these excuses while our rights go down the drain. Some can see it, others want to bash others for pointing it out. :tiphat:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
So you think free speech is only protected when not on social media huh? Sheeple.......

Just like religion is protected but only in your own house right?

Or how gun rights are protected except in school zones, government zones, sandwich shops, ext ext....

All these excuses while our rights go down the drain. Some can see it, others want to bash others for pointing it out. :tiphat:

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=355643

Klompen

indeed, the same when it came to limiting the war power, Dems went right along with reps to make sure there are no constraints on Trumps ability to bomb anywhere any time for any reason, as long as he says it's war on terror/al qaida.

i made a thread about the social media monopolies abusing their power to limit free speech, people don't seem to get whats good for the goose is good for the gander so to speak.

I think what is most stunning to me is how the cost of hosting is way down from what it used to be and bandwidth is way up, and yet somehow we have far less social media options than ever ever used to. Myspace got bought out by freakin Newscorp and totally demolished. Every little secondary social media site(of which there were hundreds) just sort of shriveled. We're told this was because only Facebook and Twitter embraced mobile, but I don't believe that at all. I think its because Facebook reads everything you type on it(even in private messages). Its because Zuckerberg is a hardcore Zionist. Tom from Myspace is off doing photography now and the current version of Myspace is just stupid. On the plus side there are some attempts at improved social media with privacy like Mewe and Minds. We'll see if they're crushed or allowed to grow.

to be honest i have also seen and read a lot that seems to indicate the truth in the connection between isis and the US intelligence agencies, although i wasn't sure if we were talking about a rouge black op or official cia policy. but there has just been too many reports of choppers flying isis commanders out of besieged areas. even in Afghanistan there are reports of unmarked planes and or choppers ferrying isis into areas in the mountains, where they go on to attack both the Taliban and the Afghan government more ruthlessly then even al qaida at their worst.

not many understand that the US wasn't really fighting isis till the Russians came in and forced the issue by starting to make the US look incompetent by achieving so much so quickly. before that point the US was sitting back and letting isis export oil on a 24 hour basis. those tankers were arriving back and forth by the minute at the height of the oil heist, till the Russians started smashing the tankers at which point the <US started also hitting tankers

If you want to really have your mind blown, consider the case of Sayyid Qtub(aka "the grandfather of Al Qaeda"). He went to the US and became a Freemason, and later traveled back to Egypt where he joined the Muslim Brotherhood and helped topple the Egyptian president who had just reclaimed the Suez Canal from the British and freed the Egyptians from monarchy.

Jordan Peterson makes a really good argument for free speech, basically any harm caused by having free speech is vastly out weighed by putting limits on speech. social media is the new town square where free speech is a must.

As much as I find Peterson inconsistent and even dishonest on certain issues, I agree 100% on this. Every totalitarian movement starts with limiting speech for people's supposed protection. Ideologues always seem to think that if you control language you control thought, and that controlling thought is ok as long as the ends justify the means. Instead of "Evolving Ideas"(as Bill Hicks put it), independent thought dies a death of atrophy.

yep, i noticed that, why are so many on the supposed left pro things that could lead to war with Russia nowadays? instead of anti war protests at the prospect of french, british and US renewed attacks, all you hear is a deathning silence from the anti war movement. apparently if you happen to be Syrian, your bang out of luck, it's war death destruction and regime change for you im afraid. and thats that.

Terror was played out and not selling new wars as well as they wanted so they had to create a new global threat. The good news though is that polling indicates most Americans don't give a crap about Russia one way or another. The bad news is that Russia is in a position in Syria now where it literally cannot back down. Russia's entire arms export industry, its energy export industry, and its reputation as the only serious opposition to US imperialism depend completely on them living up to their word. They have vowed to protect Syria and if it falls, the Russian economy falls with it. Also, Putin falls with it, and despite my disagreements with him on some things, that will very likely mean someone much worse ends up in power. Very few people in the West really understand the power dynamic in Russia. Putin stays in power by delivering results and keeping the nation free of foreign domination. If he falters on that, he's gone. The Western-puppet era of Yeltsin is long gone.

packerfan79

Veteran
I think what is most stunning to me is how the cost of hosting is way down from what it used to be and bandwidth is way up, and yet somehow we have far less social media options than ever ever used to. Myspace got bought out by freakin Newscorp and totally demolished. Every little secondary social media site(of which there were hundreds) just sort of shriveled. We're told this was because only Facebook and Twitter embraced mobile, but I don't believe that at all. I think its because Facebook reads everything you type on it(even in private messages). Its because Zuckerberg is a hardcore Zionist. Tom from Myspace is off doing photography now and the current version of Myspace is just stupid. On the plus side there are some attempts at improved social media with privacy like Mewe and Minds. We'll see if they're crushed or allowed to grow.

If you want to really have your mind blown, consider the case of Sayyid Qtub(aka "the grandfather of Al Qaeda"). He went to the US and became a Freemason, and later traveled back to Egypt where he joined the Muslim Brotherhood and helped topple the Egyptian president who had just reclaimed the Suez Canal from the British and freed the Egyptians from monarchy.

As much as I find Peterson inconsistent and even dishonest on certain issues, I agree 100% on this. Every totalitarian movement starts with limiting speech for people's supposed protection. Ideologues always seem to think that if you control language you control thought, and that controlling thought is ok as long as the ends justify the means. Instead of "Evolving Ideas"(as Bill Hicks put it), independent thought dies a death of atrophy.

Terror was played out and not selling new wars as well as they wanted so they had to create a new global threat. The good news though is that polling indicates most Americans don't give a crap about Russia one way or another. The bad news is that Russia is in a position in Syria now where it literally cannot back down. Russia's entire arms export industry, its energy export industry, and its reputation as the only serious opposition to US imperialism depend completely on them living up to their word. They have vowed to protect Syria and if it falls, the Russian economy falls with it. Also, Putin falls with it, and despite my disagreements with him on some things, that will very likely mean someone much worse ends up in power. Very few people in the West really understand the power dynamic in Russia. Putin stays in power by delivering results and keeping the nation free of foreign domination. If he falters on that, he's gone. The Western-puppet era of Yeltsin is long gone.

Can you elaborate on how you feel Peterson is inconsistent and dishonest? He has consistently called out extremists on the right and left.

W

Water-

Can you elaborate on how you feel Peterson is inconsistent and dishonest? He has consistently called out extremists on the right and left.

He is highly intelligent and can be deceptive with his wording.

strange guy, he says he thinks only in words and not images at all.

He seems angry and maybe a little sociopathic to me, maybe because he can not picture others suffering but only intellectualize it. He knows it but cannot see it.

packerfan79

Veteran
He is highly intelligent and can be deceptive with his wording.

strange guy, he says he thinks only in words and not images at all.

He seems angry and maybe a little sociopathic to me, maybe because he can not picture others suffering but only intellectualize it. He knows it but cannot see it.

One of his core tenets is that life is suffering. Peterson has spent a good part of his career studying how ordinary people were able to participate in the holocaust. So how can he not see it? I wouldn't say he's angry, especially since he is routinely mischaracterizes by the media. He is certainly blunt , but not angry. I would be furious if people misrepresented everything I said, and twisted every word to suit their ideaology. Fortunately unlike most people in public life he's not an idealogue. For you to call him a sociopath is pretty unbelievable. He's spent his career helping people with mental illnesses, a sociopath would never do that. I am sure his warnings against identity politics, and neo Marxism would make most leftists crazy.

I can see how much of what he says is very deep, it can be misunderstood. If you listen to the speed at which he speaks, he is very deliberate in what he says.

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
ICE is Patriot Act/2003 era legislation and I am against it. We have the CBP (US Customs and Borders Protection) that does the same job, or at least did before ICE. I am not for open borders.

G `day C

Let me remember now ...
1st there was the Israeli Art dealers .
Then there was the Twin Towers , then there was the anthrax .

Then there was the Patriot act .

You guys got played !

Thanks for sharin

EB .

W

Water-

One of his core tenets is that life is suffering. Peterson has spent a good part of his career studying how ordinary people were able to participate in the holocaust. So how can he not see it? I wouldn't say he's angry, especially since he is routinely mischaracterizes by the media. He is certainly blunt , but not angry. I would be furious if people misrepresented everything I said, and twisted every word to suit their ideaology. Fortunately unlike most people in public life he's not an idealogue. For you to call him a sociopath is pretty unbelievable. He's spent his career helping people with mental illnesses, a sociopath would never do that. I am sure his warnings against identity politics, and neo Marxism would make most leftists crazy.

I can see how much of what he says is very deep, it can be misunderstood. If you listen to the speed at which he speaks, he is very deliberate in what he says.

I wouldnt know, I am not a "leftist"

many surgeons are sociopaths.
it can allow someone to do their work and go home and forget about it.

Besides his blunt tone, I saw a little video of him filming himself when he didnt realize it. He was reading about some gender issue thing and dropping F bombs and was clearly angry at what he was reading. It was hard to watch without thinking that maybe his anger was driven by some personal issue. It didnt seem scholarly, just reactive.

I am very wary of people like him, though I have not drawn any conclusion as to his worth, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.