What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

THE TRADITIONAL MARTIAL ARTS THREAD,mma'ers are welcome

bentom187

Veteran
its cool to see people still visiting this thread,thank you.just a quick update i couldnt afford the yang tai chi classes but if my situation should change i would go back in a heartbeat,i just dont see that happening in the immeadiate future.but im ok sticking to qigong and conditioning for now,i could get a dvd and just get into the routine of learning the 108 form in the meantime, what do you guys/gals think? the one i learn at the school is different from any dvd i seen 9it is yang style though),so im not sure if its a good idea,thats why im asking .
well i hope everyone is doing ok,and everyone feel free to share your experiences practicing here.

The 3 Stages Of Zen In Martial Arts
[YOUTUBEIF]vM3UhDQEIMk[/YOUTUBEIF]

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Greetings and how are you doing? I am going over Qigong again and I am wondering about cardiovascular and strength training from my ITF TaeKwon-do. I think Shifu Yan Lei is saying to keep my TKD and just add in the Qigong warmup, stretching and the form? What are your thoughts? Thanks

bentom187

Veteran
im doing well,thanks man,good to hear your still practicing.yeah qigong is somthing that can be applied to any sport or activity or routine and anywhere i beleive he even had seen a older youtube video that describes a qigong office routine from yan lei.
i usually like to do qigong in the morning or at night close to bed time.

T

TennerBag

i have been wanting to go to a martial arts class where i live but its just too expensive at the moment 160 bucks just for travel alone and then there is class fee's on top...true what they say no mon no fun

Latest posts

Latest posts