What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Thai

smokditup

GREAT plants in this thread. Very interesting.. I always come accross old time smokers about the "Mango" variety...

I believe KC BRAINS has the original mango.. whether the old aussie stoners are referring to it I'm not too sure. Also hearing it was a massive producer... Can anyone confirm this??

Great plants!

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
GREAT plants in this thread. Very interesting.. I always come accross old time smokers about the "Mango" variety...

I believe KC BRAINS has the original mango.. whether the old aussie stoners are referring to it I'm not too sure. Also hearing it was a massive producer... Can anyone confirm this??

Great plants!
im doubting that would be the same stuff ,
the mango sativa was around a long time before cannabis seed sales and internet ,
and i think it disappeared before its inception ..

imho , it was well selected thai herb ..

sometimes we dont realise the value of things until they are gone.

shroomyshroom

Doing what we do because we are who we are
Veteran
im doubting that would be the same stuff ,
the mango sativa was around a long time before cannabis seed sales and internet ,
and i think it disappeared before its inception ..

imho , it was well selected thai herb ..

sometimes we dont realise the value of things until they are gone.

I agree with you %100 Donald

no more truer words have been spoken

K

Kangalunacy

Hey Don, Shroomy.
a lot of the outdoor seed i used to grow in oz in the 80,s-90,s
had a mango smell either very strong or as a background odour
weed we got from coffs harbour was a prime example ,
muswellbrook was another mango bud source,
the plants were 16ft and above
both were arm length buds with bright red pistils that would detach easily and form a layer in the bottom of a bag
KL

High Country

Give me a Kenworth truck, an 18 speed box and I'll
Veteran
Hey Don, Shroomy.
a lot of the outdoor seed i used to grow in oz in the 80,s-90,s
had a mango smell either very strong or as a background odour
weed we got from coffs harbour was a prime example ,
muswellbrook was another mango bud source,
the plants were 16ft and above
both were arm length buds with bright red pistils that would detach easily and form a layer in the bottom of a bag
KL

Arm length buds? My shit does it indoors single cola style. Outdoors? Wait and see.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
picture.php
[/FONT]

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Here is a pic of my Thai x Oax Trance.

The Thai was the one that I found in the pack of Gypsy Thai's and the Oaxacan Trance is a very strong trippy Oax male that I have.
[/FONT]:tiphat:

Talk about a killer cross. Curious to know how she smokes. :abduct:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi y'all,

I spend way too much time drooling over everyone else's Thai varieties. I commend you for having the patience and dedication to search for and grow those great sativas.

I've been chasing a replacement for a Thai strain I lost many years ago. I'm sure that the magic exists in many different strains. It looks like some of you have crossed paths with it yourselves.

The one time I had a great Thai strain, it was much different than the ones I'm seeing floating around in threads like this. I was able to grow it successfully indoors. It must have been a very high mountain sativa because it flowered relatively quickly.

I wrote a post about it here:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=5587343&postcount=85

Just wanted to post so I can get notified when additions are made to this thread.

All the Best,

ThaiBliss

B

Bob Green

After the cure?

After the cure?

Hey Kanga, and Bushweed did either of you take any dry - cured pictures of the Gypsy Thai Stick pheno?

Also did you get to sample any after a long cure say 6 months to over a year, and if so how did the smell and high compare to earlier smoke reports?

bushweed

Veteran
Here is a shot of some Thai stick after 6 months cure...
picture.php

The smell is sweet fuel, and the high is more powerful and euphoric than with no cure, and after 12 months even more so. I must say that the pic above is from a plant picked far too early due to external pressures, and I remember Kangativa saying that the finished Thai cures to a reddish, blue colour. I'm collecting seeds from the cross of a MM/Hz male to the Thai stick cut, and then letting go of it (the Thai just flowers forever)....anyway I'm hoping that even better phenos can be found in the progeny...
picture.php

riddly

Hi all, As most of you know I spent alot of this season growing landrace strains and I must admit I was pleasently surprised how some of them turned out. Some standouts were the Malana Cream from RSC, The Kariba Surprise which was originaly from African Seeds, this strain outdid all the other African strains by a country mile. The Mazar which is from Shanti's collection, this was the best Indica I have ever smoked and it is not only me that has said this.
But little did I know that there would be a surprise waiting for me....As you know I also did alot of Gypsy's Laos and Thai stick and unless you have the patience these are not recommended for the indoor grower or even the outdoor grower unless you have the space and climate, as I have only just harvested them and it is the middle of winter here and I still have one Laos that is only just heading and a few other Thai's still flowering.
I also had problems with the Laos as it had a few hermies amongst them, not so for the Thai's. I also had trouble with the size of these plants and the breaking of branches during storms.
All in all they were a difficult plant to keep healthy and lush, but out of all this trouble came a plant that is exactly like the 70's smoke that we used to get in the form of the Thai stick, this plant produces a stone that is so trippy and long lasting that it leaves you thinking you have just dropped a acid trip and i do not joke.
So for you guys who are willing to try the Thai stick from Gypsy the reward could blow your mind.
On a final note I would like to thank Gypsy for making the effort to find this strain and make it available, you have made a dream come true:tiphat:

Unfortunately gypsy's strains are only 4. No trace of thai stick. What to do now? Would love to find this thai stick somewhere in the form of seeds. If anyoen reading this is aware of where to find it, i'm all eyes and ears. Thank you

rolandomota

Veteran
Well here i go again with an ace seeds recommendation. They have 3 thai crosses right now thai chi, golden tiger2 and golden tiger 3. The golden tiger 3 you have to email and ask for it heres tai chi and GT2. They are crosses using thai plants the pure thai stick is unavailable. They (aceseeds) did sell it for a few years though they didn't breed with it they used a maeo thai and double thai wich is hmong x maeo thai in gt2 now they use thai chiang mai to make the golden tiger 3 . a gt2 pheno has been tested at nearly 30 % thc! Wow:biggrin: https://www.aceseeds.org/en/catalogsearch/result/?q=Thai&order=name&dir=desc

riddly

This raises an interesting question for me. Does the potency of clones deteriorate over time?

YES IT DOES. They lose potency after 1 year (or grow)

If so, this would mean that the job of the breeder doesn't end with finding a grail line and resting on his laurels, but maintaing and reinvigorating that line as well. Hard work!

YES IT IS LIKE THAT

Latest posts

Latest posts