What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Thai

motaloca

Impressive work Kangativa. :tiphat:
Gypsy's Khmer gold my last landrace grow, would be also interesting to grow for you Kangativa. I wanted a male got none but the smoke was great, i had one female without hermie issues. Unfortunately i lost the mother. I'm sure it would grow huge in australia.
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Allotropy

Thai Sativa. Seeds collected from a friend on his travels many years ago.

peace

Attachments

• gallery_40801_1011_89385.jpg
    gallery_40801_1011_89385.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 44

bushweed

Veteran
My Thai has doubled in size since the pic above... she's the one on the right...
picture.php

picture.php

I think Kanga said the Thais were generally around 18-20 weeks flowering.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
18-20 weeks ,,
sheez ,, im going to have a stern talking to the thais i just planted then ,
imho , itll be interesting to note the flowering times here vs the southern folks ,
i think we will shave a little off that flowering time ,, well after that stern talking anyhows .. hehehe ...

C

CLOWD11

Here's Sam's Thai Haze Skunk grown by diefraktal:

picture.php

Wow thats ferkn huge.
I have some of this in my tent atm and now i see why its the tallest stuff ive grown to date. Its about 5.5 foot when stood up and nearing full term at about 13 weeks with ~3 to go im guessing.
Smokes nice :dance013:

Mustafunk

Brand new oldschool
Veteran
Amazing plants my SEAsian strain lover friends...

Those indoor thais from JGL were truly amazing too, but you can see how much talent is on those green fingers! not everyone can grow indoor sativas like those! ;)

Peace to all and thanks for sharing the plants and the information!

Good vibes!

kiwi is right this thread is GREAT.
it made me disappointed(i thought thai just was gone because local syndicates took over and grow almost everything locally in secret locations. i actually didnt believe my friends when they told me the thai in the netherlands is BULL****).
but it also made me incredibly curious how the original thai HAS BEEN:
now im 21 when i was about 15 a friend of me lived with his aunt in an apartment. she supplied him with free hash but told him if he ever goes to a dealer or take hard drugs she will kick him in the nuts. Anyway one time he had weed and i asked him: "why do you go buy weed if you can get stuff for free thats better than anything we could get." then he told me his aunt gave it to him and she said it was thai. then i googled and found out thai is the cheapest stuff in the netherlands so we didnt expect anything special. but the high was so great it blew my mind. i was lyind on the couch. then i got up went out on the balcony and jumped from the second floor. i landed perfectly on my feet and went to the door kicked it in. then i went to their appartment kicked the door in sat back down on the couch and light a cigarette. then i asked my friend : "did you see how i jumped of the balcony? that was AMAZING." his answer: "what the f*ck are you talking about you just sat on the couch the entire time." then i went to check the doors and indeed I WAS TRIPPING.

since then i am looking for that special plant.
i grew KANNABIA SEEDS auto-thai fantasy which turned out to be a total waste of time. they was not sativaish at all and it wasn´t even autoflowering.
the closest i came yet was a delahaze pheno. it was like a mix of extasy and alcohol without the alcohol stupidity and without the xtc rush. im rather shy almost on the edge of autism and it really pulled me out of my shell.
is thai really that hard to grow indoors? i managed to make the dela haze grow in circles the plant was in the end one foot high but it would have been 4 ft if you would "roll it out". if gypsy´s thai stick is still available in 1 month i will get them and grow them in my wardrobe. then there are two options:
1. it works then i will post a detailed how to.
2. it didnt work then i will post pictures why NOT to grow PURE sativas in small spaces.
i bet it will require a lot of bending tieing und cutting branches of but im positive

-Pothead198

bushy

Hi guys, Gypsy's Thai is definitely a strain undiluted by indica traits. This cutting is just starting to send out pistils some 6 weeks after the latest Neville's Hz we found..
picture.php

She's about 12' x 12' but this pic doesn't show much. I'll hopefully come back with some better shots soon.

bushweed

Veteran
Here's that late flowering Nev's Hz I mentioned
picture.php
picture.php

picture.php
picture.php

Compared to the Thai which still looks to be vegging (the thai is as tall as the Nhz zbove but wider still - just limited space don't show it). & thats an old Australian Thai line in the foreground - Old mother sativa.
picture.php

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
hey mr bushweed ,
great to see some pics ,
the nevs looks amazing man ,
are the buds fattening up , or the loose type ??,
look chunky from here ..

my second growth from the remaining nhz has produced some nice solid buds ,,
quite different to the ones it grew when the days were increasing in length , they were more like what we see from indoor grows ..

Interestingly my thai plants are flowering already ,
have been for a few weeks as youll see in the pic ..
guess its just the day length difference between where you are and myself ..

picture.php

Kiwi Grows

hey mr bushweed ,
great to see some pics ,
the nevs looks amazing man ,
are the buds fattening up , or the loose type ??,
look chunky from here ..

my second growth from the remaining nhz has produced some nice solid buds ,,
quite different to the ones it grew when the days were increasing in length , they were more like what we see from indoor grows ..

Interestingly my thai plants are flowering already ,
have been for a few weeks as youll see in the pic ..
guess its just the day length difference between where you are and myself ..

View Image

Really looking forward to more photos Don.

bushweed

Veteran
G'day mates. This is a cut selected from two packs of Gypsy Nirvana's Thai Stick and is a couple of weeks off finishing - 18-20 weeks or so in all....The mother was a single limbed xmas tree with a massive habit, but the clone has branched into three main trunks (as you can see at the bottom). The smell from the flowers is a sweet piney fuel and the high is very clean uplifting and cerebral, but most extraordinary because it has absolutely no ceiling, so each subsequent smoke just gets you higher and higher and I mean really high!! In terms of structure, taste and smell of the plant is very reminiscent of the Mullumbimby Madness kept by Kangativa, and 20'Thai's Old Mother Sativa. The difference being the Thai stick is longer flowering and throws more phenotypes....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Dave Coulier

Veteran
Thanks for the update Bushweed. She looks wonderful. Ive got a pack of these seeds in my fridge hoping to go through someday soon. I hope I find something as nice.

benjuanman

Veteran
Wow bushweed that last pic of the 3 trunks is crazy. You and Kanga grow some beautiful trees thats for sure. Thnx for sharing.

idiit

Veteran
much respect and inspiration as always kangativa. you mentioned shati's mazar and i came up with zip/nota on my web search including over at mns. can you point me in the right direction if this strain is available from some site? thanks.

ahortator

Veteran
Hello everybody

Nice to meet you here again Mr. Donald, Mr. Bushweed, Mr. Manivelle,...

I miss Kangativa, where is he?

Donald your thai looks amazing. I hope to see more pics in a few weeks my friend!

Bushweed, what awesome plants and pics!

The first one, a little dark with clouds is properly for a wallpaper. :thank you:

I think the pictures that you show here will be in a few years as valuable as the pics we see now from the 70's strains :tiphat:

Bushweed, you say that Kanga found that special Gypsy Thai between two packs of seeds. Do you think that it could be possible to do an open pollination between the seeds from only one pack and look for that amazing pheno?

Greetings.

Latest posts

Latest posts