What's new

The Supercomputer - 165W of PL-L and Micro Engineering Goodness

T

trem0lo

You'll know she's ready when the pistils recede into the calyxs, rather the calyxs swell and eat up the pistils. That's when I start watching the trichs closely. Watch the ones on the buds, not the leaves (those always turn amber early).

But hazydreams is right--the difference between a pretty mature bud and a swollen, fat, ripe bud is not huge. You'll probably get a more potent albeit slightly more couchlock high. And a bit more yield. I do find waiting is worth it to bring out all she has to offer though.

Womyn

Day 54 of flower

Day 54 of flower

Seems like I didn't give the plants enough nutes after all. The last feeding had more nutes than usual and both plants exploded. Today it was flushed.

We put up a nylon sheet beneath the pot, made a little hole so the water can drain and flushed.
1B4C4ZM.jpg

It took forever, obviously.
TSbqvSa.jpg

King bud, post explosion:
AM1ojUp.jpg

Right plant biggest cola:
9xfQixb.jpg

U3uEDqP.jpg

Womyn

Day 54 of flower cont.

Day 54 of flower cont.

Left plant closeup:
IC1f7KA.jpg

EJG3oJw.jpg

Overview:
gQhGu0m.jpg

Harvest is 8 days from today!

wow those are great results . i may have to get some pl-l light going in my cab plus theres so much more space to grow. please post dry weight

and awesome clone, did you force it to reveg?

Womyn

wow those are great results . i may have to get some pl-l light going in my cab plus theres so much more space to grow. please post dry weight

and awesome clone, did you force it to reveg?

Hi UrbanGuerilla, will post the dry weight :)

About the PL-L's, take in mind that you also need a balast for them, mine is hidden under the case itself. And their biggest issue is heat, I have a ghetto cool tube I build for them, it's made from a picture frame.

The clone was taken at 21 days of flower from a bottom budspot.
I forced it to reveg, even though it took almost 4 weeks to root it's now just exploding!:woohoo: I can't even count the amount of new branches on that.

XsHBZqY.jpg

BHJkxjL.jpg

Womyn

Day 59 of flower

Day 59 of flower

This is the last update before harvest which will take place 4 days from now. Due to time constraints I will have to harvest a little earlier than I'd like to, but that's life. Trichomes are almost uniformly milky, with just a few amber, as you see in the closeups. Thank you again, hazydreams, for your advice.

Clone was set off in the wilderness. Maybe it will survive, maybe not, but it was certainly an experience to set it up. I took all remaining soil and just planted the clone inside the soil's plastic sack after sticking a few holes in the bottom for drainage. I also buried a blumat inside the clone's 'sack pot' which is fed by a nearby 5 liter water tank (also buried). I'll go there once in a while and refill the water tank, hopefully it'll survive 2 weeks on it's own.
In case this description is unclear, I'll post a drawing of this guerrilla setup if someone shows interest.

qy26VZk.jpg

olsRug4.jpg

Fko7oL2.jpg

ux9BVLC.jpg

j2o56DE.jpg

Womyn

Yes, unfortunately I am. Would've been great if I could harvest on the 10'th or a little later, but nothing I can do about it :frown:. It will not be ideal, but the results should still be good.

The left one got FIM'd 2 days before flowering, and while it's much bigger now, it was stunted a little bit and is now less developed than it's un-FIM'd counterpart. This technique is very good if you have the time (king bud is absolutely huge), but in my case it would've been better not to FIM right before switching to flowering as doing so prolongs flowering time. It's worth it in the long run if you don't have deadlines such as moving out.

Womyn

Harvest pt.1

Harvest pt.1

So yesterday we chopped the girls. The test smoke was just amazing!

The removed screen:
EWgVmgH.jpg

sJ51GC1.jpg

King Bud:
zyKePuM.jpg

Left plant:
JYm5ZsC.jpg

Right plant
VkVzsRZ.jpg

Womyn

Harvest pt.2

Harvest pt.2

Q8PLp5t.jpg

The biggest bud of this grow!
VKo8SCm.jpg

Look at how much root mass had developed around the blumat
xB420WU.jpg

will update on dry weight after it dries.

Last edited:
T

trem0lo

Nice harvest! The roots really go nuts around the blumats, it's crazy. Get some clones going stat, you won't regret it after you smoke all that up :)

Womyn

The last few days have been quite stressful. My partner put up the last update, as I was too busy dodging family and land owners as the smell was terrible. The supercomputer had to be completely wrapped in masking tape to keep it from smelling, and even then it smelled pretty bad. This was probably the most dangerous part of the entire grow, shit was so close to hitting the fan that I seriously considered dumping the supercomputer in the wilderness and coming back a few days later after the buds have dried. In the end, though, the computer was moved to a friend's garage (which smelled horrifically) and after 3 days the buds were moved into containers to cure.
Lock & Lock containers are NOT enough to contain the smell. Rice really helps reduce drying time - after 3 days of drying you can put a handful of dry rice grains into your curing container and dump the buds inside. The rice will absorb water and help set the RH to curing range, without the need to burp the containers 10 times per day.

The weight is in. *drumroll*
I have harvested 22g and 18g from both plants. In the end of the day, I probably could've yielded something around 45-50g if the left plant had time to mature properly, but 40g is good too. The big surprise is the smoke, though.
The smoke is... AWESOME.:good:
The early harvest along with 65/35 indica leaning genetics yielded an extremely pleasant, heady high, best I've ever smoked... or maybe that's just fatherly/motherly love?

I will occasionally post updates on the outdoor setup, but this is pretty much the end of this run of the supercomputer. ICmag definitely has the most helpful and positive community I've ever seen in any forum, you guys helped us a LOT during the grow. I hope this thread will help people who are new to micro growing and (most importantly, as this is the main purpose of this thread) show people what kind of problems prop up while growing. We'll be back in about two months with another run and maybe even a new cabinet.

Thank you, everyone!! :tiphat:

NKOTS

follow the pink rabbit!
Veteran
wow, you really did great and ended up with a nice yield :dance013:

i am curious about the ghetto outdoor op, can you take a pic of that clone out in the wild?
do you plan to move it back indoors after you move apartments? in such case watch for the bugs. i just had 30% of my grow ruined by spider mites.

now let them buds dry a bit and enjoy! :smoke:

Womyn

yzN2MiT.jpg

PSD0tlo.jpg

The plant is resting inside the package that came with the soil. Next to it is a buried 5 liter container with a hole for blumats to go through. The whole thing is held down with stones because rats and other creatures have been chewing on the blumats! They must feel the moisture and condensation on the tubes that run from the blumat to the water reservoir.
I won't be moving the plant back inside. Everything will be done outside.

T

trem0lo

Congrats on the harvest, great yield and nice looking buds!

The smell will get you every time. Harvesting outside the case and filter will reek up your house and yard, so any micro growers with neighbors be very very careful. Harvest and trim as much as you can inside the case, in stages if necessary. Fresh, wet, mature stanky buds are not allowed outside of my case for more than a few minutes at a time. Any longer and the smell permeates and lingers everywhere, through walls even, and is tough to get rid of.

holy shit dude.

that yield, in a pc box, under CFL-type light... massive respect

if you don't mind, can you please talk about that air scrubber a bit more? How did you do it?
You can send me pm if you dont' want to spam this thread.
I'm in the process of building another pc box, but this one must be super stealthy...
thanks

Womyn

Thank you for the kind words :biggrin:

The scrubber was kind of problematic. Smell was a huge problem for us throughout the entire grow, mostly because we used electrical insulation tape instead of silicone to seal the case. There were constant air leaks from the main grow chamber to the cool tube and such, so your top priority is to seal the case properly.
The scrubber is really, really ghetto. I made a frame with barbecue spikes (two for each side of the frame, for extra "strength"), then glued a layer of pantyhose to one side and a layer of mesh for that side's exterior. Filled the whole thing with carbon, then applied a layer of pantyhose from the other side, then closed off that side too with a layer of mesh. The problem is, it's very difficult to get the thing filled up properly (it tends to stretch with time) and my pellet size was probably off, so it didn't work optimally. Also, one fan pulling on the other side of the filter is not enough.

It worked fairly well after tinkering, though. I had to slice it up and slide more carbon pellets inside because the filter sagged, but after that it worked well. Not while growing, mind you, because of the cool tube leaking, but while drying, it did fine (almost no smell with the fan+filter working constantly).

If at all possible, try to get a pre-made filter. My ghetto filter kind of worked, but only after a lot of trial and error. Definitely test it thoroughly before installing it in your case. Maybe I'm just blaming the filter for my fuckup in sealing the case :thinking:

Latest posts

Latest posts