What's new

The Sub-Current Culture Collective's Hotbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGreen

Veteran
I run a blazeoneups home made rdwc right now and the difference is all that water moving freely from bucket to bucket seems like its gonna be very stable. When you build one theres all sorts of shit that can go boogie and its a work out putting it all together.
Ya mash I was just thinking what I could use for a top and I looked over dam I had a whole sheet of the shit perfect it'll hold em up and the water wont hurt it and you can cut it with a blade simple. I love thinking simple. I'll post up some pics when I start to build the rswc veg oh rama and Im pretty sure they wont need much veg time I like fast and simple and theres gonna be a new nute line up as well.

MASHUP

Oh, in my words: everything you read on their site plays true. I too was a skeptic and only bought it on impulse, having done so ends up being the best decision I've made, period.

If you can choke it up it's a worthwhile investment that guarantees to pay for itself - even if you suck at growing, lol. 8lbs after a shitty start-bloom transition? :D

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
My systems are in! The IBEW guy lands tomorrow, should have photos of an installed 12 reg by Monday!!!!

Peace, :joint:

K

Kelly.

does anyone know if they sell replacement air stones (air discs?)
or of an air diffuser that is as good as the the one used in this system? that seems to be the most obvious difference in components to me. (ie a DIYer can get most of the other parts, but i havent seen those air diffusers before)

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
So happy I'm going to bust, the answer is the 12reg will have Purple Kush (75% indica) sensi Skunk (haven't really read up on, first run), Skunk 1A (first run), Aussie Blues (90% Sativa), Uncle (see my photos, this is an unknown [buy 10 aussie blues get 20 random beans free]), AFPK (Thank you, ICMAGer friend).

This run will not be optimal because the flush will begin at 7 weeks in flower, the PK will be harvested after 8 weeks in flower (who the hell knows about AFPK, or the Skunks), Uncle may be ready at 8 weeks, Skunks may be ready before 8 weeks but picked with the Kush, but the Aussie Blues will have 10+ weeks in flower, so another few days of nutes and a new flush, or just straight RO for the last three weeks.

Last edited:

BigGreen

Veteran
Whew thats gonna be a smorgigde board of pot sounds tasty. Im kinda turned away from running different strain in one system. I did it in the past and I just like to be able to keep my precious little girls happy but who knows I love a variety I just dont like leaving the big lights on for a few plants. I want the new vegged plants in as soon as possible.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
BigGreen,

I've run PK only for five years. I decided to go nuts redo the room and get some variety. I'm running it for my PKs which have been great for five years. If the skunks get picked late I don't care. I'm more interested in my 90% sativa. I am running 4 lights and will make sure to plant the each strain in line and under the same lights, so if I pull 50% I'll be down to 1/2 the lights, etc. I know it takes more time with the sativas using the whole room, but at least the veg plants will get better and most importantly I'll get to have several types cured and ready for my enjoyment.

No one trusts a skinny chef and I think the same applies to a grower. I'm here for my life first and to share the love with others second. We could all run 42 day gigantic generic crap, but interestingly enough this SCCC crowd seems really interested in improving the selections we all enjoy. I can't wait until our first club meet, how amazing would it be to get a bunch of us together for a weekend!!!!!!!!!

artwallis

Default 2 x 1000 HPS, 8 Trainwreck, Under Current 8

This journal is to detail my first grow, share problems I run into, and hear advice.

My room is 7' x 7' x 8'

2 x 1000 watt, air-cooled HPS lights (used).

1 x 6'' can fan

1 x medium house fan

1 x exhaust fan (window sized).

The Hydroponic system being used is the Undercurrent 8, which has 8 eight gallon buckets each equipped with an air stone to bring oxygen to the roots.

Medium is hydrotron small clay pellets.

Base PPM of water (which is well water) is high at 500-600 PPM.

Nutrients are Foxfarm "Grow big" and "Big bloom", also "Superthrive" vitamin solution.

Strain is Train wreck (6 inch clones in rock wool).

Lighting is 18 on, 6 off.

Hey, That's mine! :laughing:

Carboy

does anyone know if they sell replacement air stones (air discs?)
or of an air diffuser that is as good as the the one used in this system? that seems to be the most obvious difference in components to me. (ie a DIYer can get most of the other parts, but i havent seen those air diffusers before)
Lots of good diffuser info and listed sources here;
http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=124051

Page 113 bottom right
http://waterlandscapesupply.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/WLS_Cat09-D.10993304.pdf

Particularly for this type of system, look to see what water gardeners and koi people use. Fill valves on 114 Bulkheads 121 Valves Reducers Air pumps etc. all there. These types have been doing water alot longer and stronger than hydro gardening has been around. I'd encourage anyone to get their catalog --- make ya feel like a kid again when you were preparing a Xmas list. The prices listed are retail. You bright young men oughta figure out how to beat that game.

My first contact w/ UC was about diffusers. They had a trademarked line call Aqualung -- don't see them mentioned on their site anymore. Compared to what was available wasn't that impressed. By reading between the lines, i think the diffuser's useful life was short. Anyone correct me if i'm mistaken.

The more i look at this, i think this can be diyed and not just for the sake of saving money. I believe it can be improved. As someone pointed out, what Daniel did what take dwc add large pipe, increase water flow and DO. And that is huge, but not the be all end all. I think we can bump this up and put the damn thing on crack.

CB

ps I'm also the type that would try to tell Jesus Christ how to make wine.

BigGreen

Veteran
Yo hydrosun I hear ya I love variety thats why I have 2 bloom rooms and I usually grow a few hempy buckets for variety and first time run with new strains and it always works out great. I have 1 blue cheese fem seed I killed the others in a horrible accident I plan on poppin that bean soon and making a mom and trying her clones in a hempy just to try her I here she can go as early as 55 days that would run perfect next to my frostitute. Plan the party Im there man any time but I need a month notice to ease the wife. Im off to build the new veg station I'll be back later with some photos of the construction.

MASHUP

The DIY discussion should take place elsewhere as the thread if for users of the Under Current, thanks and good luck. :)

fake-chinese-logos-starbucks-mcdonalds-pizzahut.jpg

Someone's gotta be jank, sorry it had to be YOU! LMAO! :D

MASHUP

That means a UC4 for the lil' GrowLab here. A beefy mom in 8", 23 cuttings in neoprene, 8 vegging in 5" ready to drop in the 8XL chugging away in bloom. Talk about SWEET!

SWEETS.jpg

One common solution of Flora Nova bloom and CCH2O tea, no maintenance. They know how to make your life easier fo' sho'. :joint:

whodi

Veteran
wow CCH2O is on top of their game

would it restrict water flow by using your own 2 inch pipe dimensions, for those that need to space the buckets out much further?

MASHUP

That works fine whodi, just take light footprint into consideration. The XLs are perfectly spaced for 1kw lamps hung horizontal.

Not sure how much further they would need to be spaced to accommodate vertical lamps, but use my buddy's old room as an idea: http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=117939 there was only minor light damage in there at chop.

growshower

Mash where you at on this guy? can you see 4 8xls in here, plus veg and clone rooms?

The Intense model I600 is the largest rectangular grow tent from Secret Jardin and measures a whopping 20' deep x 10' wide x 7' tall.

hahah dam......

MASHUP

Around October on the lids.

That tent is pretty sick lookin', never witnessed in person though to see what the construction is like. Footprint wise it'll hold (4) 8XLs in tight fashion. Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts