What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

Thesearch

the moment you are doing the Selection in a given Enviroment you are making a decision. The decision between keeper and not keeper.
If the Soilcomposition , moiturecontent or whatever enviromental factor lets a given Pheno express nicely, you then will choose this Pheno cause it looks nice, feels , effects nice.

So, the Enviroment has guided/steered what you selected for.
I already mentioned Enviroment does not really change the Dna (or atleast put this beside), but it guides your decision.

these Enviromet Factors vary, differnt in Thaiand, then in Afghanistan, than Indors, than in...

IMHO

Of course, this isn't a necessary problem, but I understand what you are saying. I would say a good breeder can recognize these things and overcome their influence. I have heard it said many times that you sometimes need to grow different varieties with different nutrient levels, temperatures, harvest times etc to get the most out of the plants' individual expression, and I understand many people select against plants that weren't grown properly, don't see the value in a 20+ week strain etc etc leading to the erasure of some possibly better phenos, sometimes forever, but these things can be overcome by a good grower/breeder imo

romanoweed

the selection agains longflowering is a different topic than what i describe. Its a conscious decision.

The try to select for what you already have, will acording my hyphothesis unconsiously be guided.
Like said , even the most advanced Audio-engineer cant mix in un-neutralized enviroment. So, i dont know how difficult it is in Breeding.
Do you know?
The Day someone comes and tells me the most ultimate pheno after his selection is as good as in the raw SE Asian Landrace before selection, and as good in all enviroments not just in one, that day he has a good counterargument.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
What are the most desirable clone only strains out there??? About to run GG4 (the real cut) again after years off, and wondering what else is out there, that is as sought after. Something with extreme amounts of THC, and can produce over a gram per watt (trimmed and cured to 63%), in about 60 days of flower. Preferably something that has won some contests.

xerb

To Cull or Not to Cull

To Cull or Not to Cull

Hello All,

I recently found another Golden Thai female I had hanging in the drying shed. It was the runt and I had forgotten about it. It was so small and scraggly, I had considered culling it. It produced less than 1/4 of what the next smallest did.

Wouldn't you know - it is by far the best in terms of smell and taste. It is extremely sweet, and put a BIG smile on my face as it actually reminded me of Thai Stick ! The high is exceedingly clear, lower dosages are very functional - further testing required !

Man, am I glad I let this little runt do its thing. Xerb

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have sampled two of my Chellakutti plants with 3 to go. First was spacy at two hits great effect too. Second one was more intense and spacy at two hits and had background noise like fans sounding like talking or music, weird.

I am very positive on it so far. Smoked the first plant several times and the same buzz each time. I feel at 5 or more hits things would get very strange. That will happen soon. Gonna sample the rest at 2 hits first.

The area this strain comes out of /Kerala India/ is remote and that attracted me, also lack of sweet taste and smell. Both indicate something out of the ordinary. No noids yet which is unusual with a intense trippy line, not complaining.https://www.icmag.com/ic/attachment.php?attachmentid=557859&stc=1&d=1611919578

3 was a mild bummer at 3 hits. Intense no euphoria and confusing with no trip. Tossed it. 4 was great at one hit, spacy and euphoria. 5 awaits. 5 was lysergic feeling at 2 hits with no warmth, humor, euphoria. Almost sketchy but not quite. So 4 out of 5 are worth smoking. This more a LSD feeling than shrooms. Not sure why this strain is described as a burst of energy and not trippy foremost in effect.

Attachments

• chella 2 (1).jpg
    chella 2 (1).jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

romanoweed

To cull or not to Cull

That sounds bit like what i trying to say. Phenos actually beeing nice, but on the first glance growing and appearing shitty. ( tropical phenos absolutely unhappy in their new destination)

I grew Vietblacks outside northrn Climate, and i had certain Phenos that grew very poor, did not develop any Seed in Time, and my Feeling said those could be very important Phenos.
I couldnt tell the Difference if one was a hempy/weak pheno, or an unhappy tropical pheno. I had couple of those phenos, and i still dont know it. There are even Seeds that wont even Sprout, or seedlings die after couple Days. Im pretty shure the reason can be Climate

One Strain was Delta9 Labs - Mekong, the other was a Columbian Swamp-Strain. The Swampstrain finally survived once he could find Soilcomposition-Charts, and imitated the Soil. Thats how strong Soil can affect Expression.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
To cull or not to Cull

One Strain was Delta9 Labs - Mekong, the other was a Columbian Swamp-Strain. The Swampstrain finally survived once he could find Soilcomposition-Charts, and imitated the Soil. Thats how strong Soil can affect Expression.

You were actually able to germinate the notoriously stubborn Mekong seeds?

Breadwizard

I love this effect, hearing the musicality and pattern in all things. Definitely makes me interested in the line.

I have sampled two of my Chellakutti plants with 3 to go. First was spacy at two hits great effect too. Second one was more intense and spacy at two hits and had background noise like fans sounding like talking or music, weird.

therevverend

Veteran
Audial hallucinations are a sign of high quality cannabis. The Alaskan Thunderfuck my friend's dad gave him (he got it from bikers) when we'd just started smoking did that. The only time I ever saw that stuff, at least the real stuff.

Out of the various Indian lines that have become available lately the Chellakutti caught my eye. Chellakutti is a term of affection for a female, girlfriend or a child, translates to something like 'little cutie' or 'little sweetie'. It seems to be a hybrid improvement of the local landraces that are already top of the line. I'd love to give it a try.

The flowering time is still Indian, still very long. It'd be perfect in Hawaii. Plant in June or July, harvest in November/December. The likely reason for the long flowering, besides the short tropical days, is that the monsoon doesn't end in Kerala until mid November. I think if you dated the local strains throughout India you'd find most of them finish a month or two after the monsoon ends.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I've been going through my seed collection trying to narrow down what I will keep for a 10 degrees north growing location. I did a lot of researching descriptions of what I have, and looking at the Phylos Universe. I've come away with these as my top choices.

Super Laos
Gypsy Thai Stick x (Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness)
Goroka Highland Papua New Guinea
Neville's Haze Freak Pheno Descendants
(Zamal x Meao Thai) x Neville's Haze

Some notes on these:

Super Laos - The latest ripening plants I've grown. Spot on S.E. Asian character in looks and aroma from a trusted source. Should finish ripening well into the dry season.
picture.php

Gypsy Thai Stick x (Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness) - I've gone on and on about this one. Best representation I've found of what Thai Stick plants looked and smelled like from my childhood.
picture.php

Goroka Highland Papua New Guinea - Gifted from and pic's pilfered from Azure. I've hadn't had the pleasure of testing, but Nanan Bouclou is supposed to have related genetics and both plants tested have really interesting traits. The source of these seeds home latitude is almost identical to the latitude of where I'm headed.
picture.php

Neville's Haze Freak Pheno Descendants - I've been saving these seeds for a very long time. I tried to grow some 2 years ago and I failed. The seedlings are very fragile and extremely slow growing. The original Neville's Haze freak was the same. I planted them too early. Next time I'll plant in the early summer instead of early spring when sun is more intense and dampening off is less of an issue. These will be a challenge to grow due to the Burmese in them that flowers early. The genetics go something like this with most recent at the top:

Neville's Freak
x
Burmese
x
Neville's Freak
x
Hawaiian Haze
x
Neville's Freak
x
Wicked Weed (very long history)

I really loved that Neville's Haze Freak Pheno cutting!!!!!

Here is a picture of the most recent mom:
picture.php

picture.php

Neville's Haze x (Zamal x Meao Thai) - These were gifted to me. I'm not positive about the Meao Thai part, as the hand writing is not legible to me, but I think it came from the circle of friends of Van Vulpen who was know to have made this cross. Many, many, thanks to my friend if this is what I think it is.

Playing around in the Phylos Universe, all these genetics are relatively closely related. The most interesting find was about Neville's Haze. I've been swearing up and down that Neville's Haze has Thai in it. There is no doubt in my mind due to my experience with what I call the Neville's Haze Freak Pheno. I believe others call it the Acid Pheno. There were dozens of submissions of various genetics named Haze. I must have click on half of them, including Neville's Haze from the 80s. Neville's Haze was the only version of Haze that was solidly in the area of Thai, Laos, Papua New Guinea, Sumatran Tuk Tuk, Vietnamese, etc. All the best strains of my lifetime, and highly reputed S.E. Asian genetics.

I could use some advice from a tropical grower. My understanding is that the summer and fall, May through Oct. north of the equator, are the wet season. The dry season starts about the time that I would expect plants to start flowering. Should I attempt to start seeds near the end of the wet season, or should I start them at the end of the dry season and let them grow through the wet season? I'd appreciate any advice from an experienced tropical grower.

ThaiBliss

Goodherb

Greetings,

I've been going through my seed collection trying to narrow down what I will keep for a 10 degrees north growing location. I did a lot of researching descriptions of what I have, and looking at the Phylos Universe. I've come away with these as my top choices.

Super Laos
Gypsy Thai Stick x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness
Goroka Highland Papua New Guinea
Neville's Haze Freak Pheno Descendants
Neville's Haze x (Zamal x Meao Thai)

Some notes on these:

Super Laos - The latest ripening plants I've grown. Spot on S.E. Asian character in looks and aroma from a trusted source. Should finish ripening well into the dry season.
View Image

Gypsy Thai Stick x Neville's Haze 21 x Mullumbimby Madness - I've gone on and on about this one. Best representation I've found of what Thai Stick plants looked and smelled like from my childhood.
View Image

Goroka Highland Papua New Guinea - Gifted from and pic's pilfered from Azure. I've hadn't had the pleasure of testing, but Nanan Bouclou is supposed to have related genetics and both plants tested have really interesting traits. The source of these seeds home latitude is almost identical to the latitude of where I'm headed.
View Image

Neville's Haze Freak Pheno Descendants - I've been saving these seeds for a very long time. I tried to grow some 2 years ago and I failed. The seedlings are very fragile and extremely slow growing. The original Neville's Haze freak was the same. I planted them too early. Next time I'll plant in the early summer instead of early spring when sun is more intense and dampening off is less of an issue. These will be a challenge to grow due to the Burmese in them that flowers early. The genetics go something like this with most recent at the top:

Neville's Freak
x
Burmese
x
Neville's Freak
x
Hawaiian Haze
x
Neville's Freak
x
Wicked Weed (very long history)

I really loved that Neville's Haze Freak Pheno cutting!!!!!

Here is a picture of the most recent mom:
View Image
View Image

Neville's Haze x (Zamal x Meao Thai) - These were gifted to me. I'm not positive about the Meao Thai part, as the hand writing is not legible to me, but I think it came from the circle of friends of Van Vulpen who was know to have made this cross. Many, many, thanks to my friend if this is what I think it is.

Playing around in the Phylos Universe, all these genetics are relatively closely related. The most interesting find was about Neville's Haze. I've been swearing up and down that Neville's Haze has Thai in it. There is no doubt in my mind due to my experience with what I call the Neville's Haze Freak Pheno. I believe others call it the Acid Pheno. There were dozens of submissions of various genetics named Haze. I must have click on half of them, including Neville's Haze from the 80s. Neville's Haze was the only version of Haze that was solidly in the area of Thai, Laos, Papua New Guinea, Sumatran Tuk Tuk, Vietnamese, etc. All the best strains of my lifetime, and highly reputed S.E. Asian genetics.

I could use some advice from a tropical grower. My understanding is that the summer and fall, May through Oct. north of the equator, are the wet season. The dry season starts about the time that I would expect plants to start flowering. Should I attempt to start seeds near the end of the wet season, or should I start them at the end of the dry season and let them grow through the wet season? I'd appreciate any advice from an experienced tropical grower.

ThaiBliss

Greetings ThaiBliss.

As Bob Marley sing ;you're "coming in from the cold"

Bliss, the hurricane(wet)season ends officially at the beginning of November. so yes , you could trans/plant in ground any time from August -October
, about the ideal .

ThaiBliss , may JAH continually guide and protect you and family yours!

Chi13

ICMag Donor
I have been following this thread since the beginning. It is exciting that you are moving somewhere closer to the equator which will open up new growing possibilities. Without being too specific, can you tell us a little of the climate you are going to such as will you be living in a mountain region, near the coast etc?

The Goroka highlands pic reminds me of some nanan bouclou pheno's which I always assumed was more the Haitian pheno. Will have to rethink that notion. Speaking of which, do you have any plans for nanan bouclou in the future?
:gday:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Without being too specific, can you tell us a little of the climate you are going to such as will you be living in a mountain region, near the coast etc?
I'm interested in the mountainous, cooler, and drier areas of Costa Rica where the coffee grows well. I like it at least a couple thousand feet above sea level to as much as five thousand feet. My most comfortable temperature ranges are 65 to 80 degrees.
The Goroka highlands pic reminds me of some nanan bouclou pheno's which I always assumed was more the Haitian pheno. Will have to rethink that notion. Speaking of which, do you have any plans for nanan bouclou in the future?
:gday:
Nanan Bouclou was some of the tastiest weed I've grown. In addition, it has a great high. My experience has been that it is energetic and cerebral. The only thing I didn't like is that I felt significantly tired the next day. It is way too early flowering for the area where I will be moving to. I sincerely hope that the hangover is from the "Haitian Indica" side. The Goroka Highland Papua New Guinea seeds will be last on my priority due to the others I have available. On the other hand, I think I would be foolish not to take them due to reports of the high and the latitude from which they come. These and the Laos seeds are the only two pristinely pure tropical strains I have. Goroka Highland genetics might be needed.

Nexus7

Have you tried/considered THunk Bliss?

There is some conjecture about what Nevil actually received from Sam. Possibly he got the Thai x Haze from that catalog of seeds and not Original Haze.

Also remember Nevil always favored Thai over Colombian since as thereverend correctly mentions you'll mostly likely have an affinity for the chemotypes you favored in your youth and Nevil coming from Oz likely grew up puffing on Thai stick and not on Colombian.

Good luck with the move hopefully you'll find your grail but enjoy your journey too as we don't always make it to our final destination.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Have you tried/considered THunk Bliss?
The best weed I've smoked that someone else grew in the last 15 years was Thunk (Thai x Skunk). :biggrin:
There is some conjecture about what Nevil actually received from Sam. Possibly he got the Thai x Haze from that catalog of seeds and not Original Haze.
I haven't tried Thai x Haze, but the special freak pheno of Neville's Haze was orders of magnitude stronger and better quality, for my preferences, than THunk.
Also remember Nevil always favored Thai over Colombian since as thereverend correctly mentions you'll mostly likely have an affinity for the chemotypes you favored in your youth and Nevil coming from Oz likely grew up puffing on Thai stick and not on Colombian.
Reasonable theory, no doubt some truth to it. Or you could ask me why the preference? Because my real name is Richard, I'll tell you anyway. LOL I don't even understand why you would need a theory about this.

I smoked Mexican and Colombian for years before I had Thai Sticks. I prefer cerebral highs. Why, because they don't get boring. Because I like mind stimulating highs better than stupefying highs. I'm stupid enough as it is! It's way more fun to be smarter.

Here's where luck matches your theory. Mexican weed was very clean and cerebral. This is what got me hooked, and I'm always looking for that smiling, laughing, looking at the world with new eyes feeling. It can't be beat.

Thai Sticks were not nearly as clean, clear, and cerebral as the best Mexican. What they did bring to the table is sheer, devastating, rocket fuel power, but a surprisingly clean finish and little or no hangover. I'm more than willing to sacrifice a little pure clean cerebral for so much punch, even if it includes a little terror.
Good luck with the move hopefully you'll find your grail but enjoy your journey too as we don't always make it to our final destination.
The search IS the destination! Thank you for the best wishes. You also.

ThaiBliss

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I smoked Mexican and Colombian for years before I had Thai Sticks. I prefer cerebral highs. Why, because they don't get boring. Because I like mind stimulating highs better than stupefying highs. I'm stupid enough as it is! It's way more fun to be smarter.

Here's where luck matches your theory. Mexican weed was very clean and cerebral. This is what got me hooked, and I'm always looking for that smiling, laughing, looking at the world with new eyes feeling. It can't be beat.

Thai Sticks were not nearly as clean, clear, and cerebral as the best Mexican. What they did bring to the table is sheer, devastating, rocket fuel power, but a surprisingly clean finish and little or no hangover. I'm more than willing to sacrifice a little pure clean cerebral for so much punch, even if it includes a little terror.

ThaiBliss

Substituting Jamaican weed for the Colombian, I would agree 100%..

I would much prefer certain of the Mexicans and almost any of the Jamaican weed I tried in the early 70's, over the Thai sticks available in that time period..

But I fully agree with your description of the Thai sticks...

ThaiBliss

Veteran
I would much prefer certain of the Mexicans and almost any of the Jamaican weed I tried in the early 70's, over the Thai sticks available in that time period..

But I fully agree with your description of the Thai sticks...
No body will ever believe us unless they had smoked it. I think it is why there is a need for theories to explain it.
:wallbash:

romanoweed

So, you want to explain someone how Thai became so strong, and then tell him that the substance that causes a sedating sleepy State made you seeing Things..

funny idea.

I think the better way would be someone that smokes it right now would share his seeds with as many People he can. Thats best way to heighten acceptance, by relasing those lines, and then a consensus about the effect will form in the forums.

And would the stuff be aviable, im shure the unexperienced people would read those reports well, cause they knew they just can get Thai somewhere. Im shure some openminded people would try out if sleepingpill weed is not the whole truth, and find out that its all true.

Also, if multiple people would report the same from a single Line, i have no doubt you could openly speak without too much suspicious people, and the consenus would be that, well, cannabis is the most hallucinogenic substance.

Latest posts

Latest posts