What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
duration of high was well past 3 hours and no tolerance build up to this day and i smoke quite of bit of gt. gt has zero adam style bag appeal but it is still an enormous hit with everyone who smokes her.

I have to concur with idiit. I never tire of smoking Golden Tiger. I have had some trippy moments while puffing the GT. They usually arose in unfamiliar settings. Its not visuals or auditory type sensory load, but, more of a surreal like feeling with the addition of a sort of time warp. Where the situation/scenario is unfolding at a slower pace when its appears your brain has already processed the info. It has to be some type of reaction between the brain and visual sensory. The brain processed the info but it didn't send it to your eyes quick enough. I don't think of that as visuals. GT beans are a good investment.

The first time I got high the burning cherry at the end of the joint looked blue. That would be a visual for me. But, then a voice from out of the darkness said, "Jackson County(fictional locale) Sheriff's Department. You boys come out of the woods." That was not an aural distortion. It was real and we ran. But, man I was tripping before that and was high as a kite.

I loves me a good skinny leaf gal.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I'm up late at night with insomnia, again. I need more exercise during the day. I thought I'd post an update of my next plants to flower and test.

First is Gypsy Nirvana Thai x Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness:
picture.php

Oaxacan:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Last edited:

Koondense

Veteran
Hello ThaiBliss,
I hope you don't mind if I post a picture in your thread:)

It's my first OD plant this season(many more to come), the Muay Thai superauto, basically a Phuket seed selection crossed with a late autoflowering base. Should finish in early september if it doesn't turn out to be a photoperiod. It's a cross produced by breeder Stitch.

I sure hope it will be some sort of trippy weed, definitely the most sativa until now for me.

Just transplanted

Cheers:tiphat:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Koondense,

Please do post your progress on the potential trip weed plant. I'm looking forward to seeing updates soon. That is why we are here.

In the meantime...

Bangi Haze:

The one I tested with the great high, I grew indoors. As a juvenile, it looked pure Indica:
picture.php

But it did stretch like a Sativa when it commenced flowering, and smoked like high quality Sativa, energetic, euphoric, with perception enhancement:

picture.php

Outdoors, it looks like your plain old vanilla Sativa x Indica that I've seen way too much of:
picture.php

Except for the one on the left:
picture.php

This is the first one to look like the high feels. It is stretching from birth:

picture.php

It is the last one to show its gender. It's going to be a keeper, whether its male or female. I'd sure like to smoke bud from this one though. It has those jagged serrations and long leaflets like Thai. It also has fat leaflets, but I grew a Thai from Thai Stick from the 70s that had relatively fat leaflets compared to other Thai plants I grew. Perhaps it was Elephant Thai that I have heard about but never have seen pictures of.

ThaiBliss

P.S. - I see Thai in everything. I've got Thai on the brain.

idiit

Veteran
just to keep those third thumbs lusting here's a very recent post on another thread by drek:

Great thread!

I have two distinct memories from my youth with pot experiences.

1st one. I was on a trip to see some distant relatives with some of my family. During the drive one of my relatives took out some weed for everyone to try out. I distinctly remember taking it out of the bag and looking at it/smelling it...and noting how different it was. Now that I think back, it must have been Thai weed. It was really brown and dry and flat, I think there were some seeds and it smelled ultra spicy, like a spice rack. Anyways, after we smoked this shit, I was seeing all kinds of colors and psychadelia. It was middle of winter but the sun was out with blue skies and shining off the snowy fields. It was unfricken real. Probably the best shit I ever smoked. Spiritual.

2nd one was. Again, on a family excursion, this time at the lake. My uncle had a bag of this really dense black weed in little balls, it was literally so resiny, it was like someone had dipped and let it sit in hash oil...and it kinda smelled like ammonia. Oddest shit I ever seen. Must have been fermented. Anyways, I remember that being pretty different as well and powerful.

I agree that some of that early imported stuff was unreal. Pure genetics from foreign places where they already had a long history of preparing it; grown in it's homeland.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=247378&page=5

onefinity

Bushweed- that Oaxacan Trance x Mullum Madness sounds amazing. the cedar has always been my favorite flavor. I had one very successful mystery plant that sounds very similar. it was so nice in the summer to just socialize and play hacky sack with friends. It just had us in the perfect "zone" so in touch and at peace at the same time. you could space out or zoom in so quickly and it was just pure smiles.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Cedar Aroma:

My SAGE cutting has that cedar aroma. It gets more piney with a long cure. Has to be one of my top two best aromatic strains I ever grew. THE best one for a Sativa. The only one better was an Indica that smelled and tasted like hash oil. It was lung expansive and by far the best tasting strain I ever grew. The only Indica I have ever longed to have back. People just died for it.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Leaf Diary

Leaf Diary

Scai recently posted elsewhere that it might be a good idea to keep a record of a strain lineage by using leaf pictures. I was just thinking about it as I was looking through my albums the other day.

I have an old cutting of SAGE. People used to say that SAGE was a Mexican Purple Zacatecas crossed with an Afghani. Nowadays, SAGE is still around and people say it is Haze x Afghani.
picture.php

Believing the more prevalent recent lineage, I thought it might be a good idea to cross it with Purple Haze x Meao Thai to reinforce the purple Haze lineage and reduce the Afghani influence. Here is the result of one of the offspring.

picture.php

When I look at this leaf, Mexican comes to mind. I just happen to be growing a Mexican Oaxacan at the moment.

picture.php

I think leaf documentation is a good idea. What do you think?

B.T.W. - I have a Destroyer (Mex. Red Hair looking phenotype) x Fire Fox Tail ripening up in the flowering cabinet at the moment. It is getting close and have a very interesting aroma. It still has the green fruit note, but it has other notes that I just can't pin down. Metallic balsam funk or something. It is simply loaded with seeds from that 60s Jamaican Lambsbread. I wanted to make sure some of those Jamaican Ganja genes got captured in seed form as long as I had a female plant available. I made sure alright. Ugh!
:biggrin:

ThaiBliss

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking at Raco's Mono Rojo bud, I can't help but remember an Oaxacan-leaning pheno of Nirvana's Royal Flush that was the most euphoric bud I've grown and smoked. Grown at 44ºN, cured for half a year, don't the structure and cured color look similar?

View Image

I just was re-reading this thread :tiphat:

This is a totally random outdoor bud of DC x Hz -F3 picked (somewhat) early due to bad weather

Different plants IMO :tiphat:

Outdoor MR @43ºN .. low altitude + bad rainy season

Under the clouds...still acceptable lol

I´d love to try the same plant grown in Colombia ...altitude x +/- 75 etc etc :)

Last edited:

wildgrow

, The Ghost of
Veteran
Pic documentation is a worthy idea so long as youre growing under the same conditions throughout. The same plant grown indoors may well look very different grown outdoors.
So maybe a whole plant shot and bud shot to go with the leaf and a notation as to the conditions of the grow.

Started a similar thing with pressed leaves. Only problem was that they would become brittle and break up after a few months.

relic1981

Veteran
Cedar Aroma:

My SAGE cutting has that cedar aroma. It gets more piney with a long cure. Has to be one of my top two best aromatic strains I ever grew. THE best one for a Sativa. The only one better was an Indica that smelled and tasted like hash oil. It was lung expansive and by far the best tasting strain I ever grew. The only Indica I have ever longed to have back. People just died for it.

ThaiBliss

one of the strains on my wish list is a earthy, piney tasting sativa with a nice kushy bottom end. any suggestions for strains that fit this category. im well stocked on og's diesels and chems and i have the arcata tw cut wich is pretty close. i would say tw is the piniest of what i have but i know there is a true pine strain out there for me.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
one of the strains on my wish list is a earthy, piney tasting sativa with a nice kushy bottom end. any suggestions for strains that fit this category. im well stocked on og's diesels and chems and i have the arcata tw cut wich is pretty close. i would say tw is the piniest of what i have but i know there is a true pine strain out there for me.

Hi Relic,

Sounds like you have the common strains in the Nor Cal area. You should look for SAGE cuts floating around there. The one I have gets very piney after a long cure. Not sure about the "Kushy" bottom. I've never had a taste that rang my bell.

SAGE after a long cure:
picture.php

Looking at this make me wish I still had some, but I turned it into some hash. I had some Bangi Haze that I needed to add SAGE and Golden Tiger to in order to make it a large enough amount to make it worthwhile. 50% Bangi, 25% SAGE, and 25% Golden Tiger x SAGE and Purple Haze Thai x SAGE:

picture.php

You should see the big grins on people's faces after smoking one or two from this chunk.

People call the Golden Tiger and Zamaldelica buds my "Trainwreck". I guess because the highs are similar. Mix it with the euphoric Bangi Haze or SAGE, and people gasp.

ThaiBliss

jayjayfrank

Veteran
id like a taste of that!

im sure you got your tech down thaibliss, but that hash ball gets broken down to dry yes?

have you noticed different microns being the 'keepers' from a batch than with wideleafs?

bushweed

Veteran
Hi TB + friends, I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm interested in some updates on your Jamaicans, PNG/Haitian, Zamalawi, Oaxacan Copalitas and Thai x NHz/MM, if you have any. Here's some shots of my Thai x Nevil's Madness at the minute...the structure on these plants is pretty gorgeous (not bad for a pollen chuck), and while this isn't the sunniest spot, they have all handled the wet cooler weather very well and are still pushing out the long attractive colas. The predominant smell coming off them is still mandarin with a hint of sweet musk...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Bushweed- that Oaxacan Trance x Mullum Madness sounds amazing. the cedar has always been my favorite flavor. I had one very successful mystery plant that sounds very similar. it was so nice in the summer to just socialize and play hacky sack with friends. It just had us in the perfect "zone" so in touch and at peace at the same time. you could space out or zoom in so quickly and it was just pure smiles.

Cheers man thanks for your comment. I love the type of smoke you describe - something positive and life affirming. I'm thrilled to have some Oaxacan in my jar again, and am happy to report that the OxMM is dominated by the uber relaxing yet uplifting high and taste of the Oaxacan. Not to disparage the MM, which is often my no.1, but there is something lovely and warm about a good Oaxacan.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi TB + friends, I thought I'd drop in and say hello. I'm interested in some updates on your Jamaicans, PNG/Haitian, Zamalawi, Oaxacan Copalitas and Thai x NHz/MM, if you have any. Here's some shots of my Thai x Nevil's Madness at the minute...the structure on these plants is pretty gorgeous (not bad for a pollen chuck), and while this isn't the sunniest spot, they have all handled the wet cooler weather very well and are still pushing out the long attractive colas. The predominant smell coming off them is still mandarin with a hint of sweet musk...

Hi Bushweed,

The harvest shots of yours are looking great. Those Mullumbimby Madness crosses have some beautiful thunderous buds. Hard to believe plants with such skinny leaves can have such fat buds. The Laos Border Thai on the RUST thread looks awesome also. Great work!

Alas, my Jamaicans turned out to be males. However, the pungency from those plants were amazing. The strongest smelling Sativas I have grown in as long as I can remember. The Purple Haze Thai x SAGE was pungent, but not as sharply so if you know what I mean. I've saved them for breeding, and I'm going to sprout some more seeds at the end of this flowering cycle in the hopes of testing a female.

The end is near for the Destroyer (Mex. Red Hair leaning) x Fire Fox Tail. This one is pungent also, but not in the cat piss with a lime twist way. It is funky metallic strangeness. The last time I detected a metallic smell was my legendary Neville's Haze freak, so I'm anxious to try it. It is loaded with Jamaican Ganja seeds as I let the non hermaphroditic one get out of control. Oh darn!

picture.php

picture.php

The Nanan-Bouclou and Zamaldelica (Zamal leaning) x Malawi Gold are curing and ready for testing when I get around to it.

The Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick x Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness and Oaxacan Copalita are starting to show pre-flowering structures. If I had to guess right now, the GNT x NHz x MM is female and the Oaxacan is male.

GNT...
picture.php

Oaxacan:
picture.php

I'll let you know after my next sampling.

Jayjayfrank - I turned that hockey puck of hash into a thin pancake and let it dry for two months before jarring it. It has been curing for a year. Special stuff. I agree with Bushweed about a good euphoric/energetic high.

Speaking of euphoric weed, I can't wait to try the Oaxacan. Bangi Haze and SAGE have that quality. I've got those Bangi Hazes and NepalJam outside that are taking off. They are 3 foot tall already. It is the best outdoor start I have ever had, and I have had 12 footers before. The bad news is that I recently read a post where someone said Bangi Haze don't get that big. There will be plenty for me even if they don't. I'll take some pictures and post in the hopes that others get almost as excited to see the promise of springtime plants as harvest or near harvest pictures.

ThaiBliss

idiit

Veteran
the female non hermie spicy zamal pheno i found in seeds of africa zamal (1/24) is very powerful, upbeat, euphoric in high effects. this is from indoor test run. i've got several clones of her outside and will update.

nevil's mm/nh21 is currently available from one site vouched for by nevil according to those in the know. i just ordered 1 pkg. only fems are left atm.

i crossed my malawi gold male into the spicy female zamal. i'm hoping for some Xtc type high effects. only have three seedlings atm but have both parents so can make lots down the road. my mg female is very powerful and psychoactive. i will have to sample the mg male's offspring to see if the male is powerful and psychoactive like his mg mate. if not i can run fems off the female reversed. got lots of the seeds of africa female mg clones outside. the fall will tell the tale.

mm/n21 sounds a lot like the high effects off the spicy zamal.

lots of sport hunting the exotic high effects. :)

S

sourpuss

Something I experienced from my last harvest. Always felt a water only flush for over a week stressed my plants big time. Usually do over 2 weeks and never fully happy with final prod. So this time I used florakleen for a 6 days. Plants never showed signs of stress, odour remained strong, trichs never shrunk, and the best part was the high changed. Where there was little euphoria and happiness before, there is now. Much more. Better flavour. More psychoactive. Less stress better high....

ThaiBliss

Veteran
the female non hermie spicy zamal pheno i found in seeds of africa zamal (1/24) is very powerful, upbeat, euphoric in high effects. this is from indoor test run. i've got several clones of her outside and will update.

nevil's mm/nh21 is currently available from one site vouched for by nevil according to those in the know. i just ordered 1 pkg. only fems are left atm.

i crossed my malawi gold male into the spicy female zamal. i'm hoping for some Xtc type high effects. only have three seedlings atm but have both parents so can make lots down the road. my mg female is very powerful and psychoactive. i will have to sample the mg male's offspring to see if the male is powerful and psychoactive like his mg mate. if not i can run fems off the female reversed. got lots of the seeds of africa female mg clones outside. the fall will tell the tale.

mm/n21 sounds a lot like the high effects off the spicy zamal.

lots of sport hunting the exotic high effects. :)

Idiit,

Kudos to you for doing the difficult, time consuming, and correct breeding technique in the form of testing the male by judging the children. When you find something special, it is well worth the effort to mate it well. If the offspring of the special mother and the first male you try does not carry the special genetics to the offspring, then I hope you will try again with another male from the SOA Malawi Gold line. The selfing idea is good for capturing the genetics in case disaster strikes and you lose the cutting. Perhaps you can share that cutting of the special mother to a local friend or two you can trust, for further backup of the preservation efforts. Greed and constant outcrossing has been the downfall of so many strains. I am guilty of this and have regretted it acutely. Glad to hear that you have something worthy of your efforts.

Sourpuss - I have gone to the slow fade, only because I am lazy. I may do it too much because I have seen an extreme example where nitrogen deficiency increased the potency dramatically. I don't care about quantity in the least. I have to say that I have never been impressed with the taste of my product. It is a secondary concern, but all the old school bud from my past tasted great, so why shouldn't mine.
:thinking:

It would be nice to see what is in Florakleen.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Bangi Haze

Bangi Haze

Long, long ago, I used to be happy with "waist high by the 4th of July". Now in the days of medical marijuana grows and 12 lb plants, "waist high by the first of June" sounds more like it. I certainly don't expect 12 lb plants, as I would need a backhoe and a dump truck full of compost to prepare the soil, unless of course I'm Bushweed. I am hopeful of some heft by the end of summer:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Latest posts

Latest posts