What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

idiit

Veteran
Long, long ago, I used to be happy with "waist high by the 4th of July". Now in the days of medical marijuana grows and 12 lb plants, "waist high by the first of June" sounds more like it

^^ ain't that the truth. :)

the aussies and spanish have raised the bar.

nice plants, tb.

Rinse

Veteran
Lovely size and structure for this time of the season mate, they should be beasts by august no problem.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Lovely size and structure for this time of the season mate, they should be beasts by august no problem.

Thanks Rinse and dstark.

Weekly Bangi Haze update, because I'm a proud papa:

Last Week:
picture.php

This Week:
picture.php

Six inches taller and each branch six inches longer.

These pictures are of the relatively skinny leaf and lighter color one:
picture.php

picture.php

I love those long, wicked dagger looking leaflets as they are still expanding.
:biggrin:

Happy Growing,

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran

Thanks Rinse,

They are now up to my chin, and I'm taller than most people. Baring any setback, they will be well over my head by July 1. My all time record in height is 12 feet. I'm not sure these Nepalese crosses are capable of it, but I don't believe I have had bigger plants this early.
:dance013:

What happened to the search for quality? It is so easy to be seduced by the fun of seeing these amazingly fast growing plants, and getting carried away with over fertilizing and over watering. Then again, I believe Sam the Skunkman posted that the best way to get the highest quality was to grow them big.

ThaiBliss

Applesauce

Still watching this thread.

I popped about half my Bangi Haze seeds. Ended up with approx. half female, so 15 female are being flowered. Day 28. Will be popping the other seeds soon. Should have about 30 female specimens to test. All look pretty similar to yours in terms of leaf shape. Although one has very, very thin leaves. Previously I had a thai leaning Casey Jones pheno with skinny leaves but this is more extreme. I haven't seen photos of a Bangi with leaves so skinny (or maybe I haven't looked hard enough). Unsure what that could be in this genetic makeup.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Still watching this thread.

I popped about half my Bangi Haze seeds. Ended up with approx. half female, so 15 female are being flowered. Day 28. Will be popping the other seeds soon. Should have about 30 female specimens to test. All look pretty similar to yours in terms of leaf shape. Although one has very, very thin leaves. Previously I had a thai leaning Casey Jones pheno with skinny leaves but this is more extreme. I haven't seen photos of a Bangi with leaves so skinny (or maybe I haven't looked hard enough). Unsure what that could be in this genetic makeup.

Hi Applesauce,

Please post pictures if you can, especially the thin leaf one. And keep us updated often.

I've seen a Congo, 50% Bangi Congo, 25% Congo and 25% Chitral Afghani (I believe), that had very thin leaves.

Good luck with your grow.

ThaiBliss

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
hello thaibliss, lovely bangis!! i love taht congo weed :biggrin:

its great in crosses too.. did oyu cross bangi with something?

chemsour7 x bangi haze
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
hello thaibliss, lovely bangis!! i love taht congo weed :biggrin:

its great in crosses too.. did oyu cross bangi with something?

chemsour7 x bangi haze
View Image

Maha Kala,

Very nice looking flower! I do plan on using Bangi Haze as a breeder to bring down the ripening date of anything else I find that is more potent, without losing any quality of the effect of the more potent strain. I'm guessing that this will work, since there is literally nothing in Bangi Haze's effect that I consider negative. It is soooo clean, and with nice traits that I appreciate.

Thanks for posting your picture.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
...I do plan on using Bangi Haze as a breeder to bring down the ripening date of anything else I find that is more potent, without losing any quality of the effect of the more potent strain...

Speaking of trying to find something more potent in the trippy sense, I put the Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick x Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness and Copalita Oaxacan into the flowering cabinet a few days ago.

GN x NHz x MM on the left, and Oaxacan on the right:
picture.php

The GN x NHz x MM has gone super branchy. The branching reminds me of the Zamal leaning Zamaldelica. The leaves remind me very much like Old Timers Haze.

The Oaxacan does not look much like Oaxacan 79 or Oaxacan Trance, which look similar to me and seem like "gold" strains. However, it looks like old school Mexican that I have seen when I was young. I believe I have seen posts of old school looking Mexican on the RUST thread. If I remember correctly, Motaco posted some of those. It shows no sign of pollution with Indica or A-Dam genetics.

picture.php

The Oaxacan also looks like what popped out of my Purple Haze Meao Thai x SAGE cross. For some reason, I have this urge to cross PHMT x SAGE with this Oaxacan. Perhaps it will revive the rumored Zacatecas Purple traits (of Big Sur Holy Weed fame) in SAGE.

picture.php

Tripping,

ThaiBliss

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice ^^ way to go amigos :tiphat:

Silly pic hehe...Destroyer x Bangi Haze 8 months cure and moroccan hash

My mini- Golden Tiger :biggrin:

Sideshow-Bob

Veteran
i love that pic with the fern in the background Raco! :)

Mrs. Sideshow planted some purple and orange fern varieties in the backyard this spring, such a joy to look at!

Have a good time ;)

good vibes!

ThaiBliss

Veteran
...Destroyer x Bangi Haze 8 months cure and moroccan hash

Raco - Those pictures are literally mouth watering. I'm wondering how Bangi Haze affected the high of Destroyer. I'd like to see a post from you comparing Destroyer to Destroyer x Bangi Haze.

I did another test of Nanan-Bouclou last night. The two or three weeks more ripe bud did not seem to improve my impressions. I did not try to push the limits. It was, again, three big hits and see how I feel. It may have "top end", but if I don't have a good buzz at three hits, I just don't feel it is strong enough for me. I won't judge the entire strain based on one individual, but if this happens again, I'll probably not attempt it a third time.

SAGE and SAGE x Purple Haze Meao Thai are still tops in my stable, with Bangi Haze being runner up due to pure quality of effect and especially valuable for earliness of ripening.

I really feel I'm growing in an unusual way, and finding only the plants that don't mind or prefer my style of growing. This is because my experiences do not seem to match the reputations of the strains that I am trying. I can understand that there is likely a lot of hype about strains, but this seems very odd that I do find some that I consider relatively strong that others don't think are, and visa versa. I wish I had local friends who like the kind of weed that I like. I need reality checks. I'd like someone locally to have the exact clone that I do, and see if they are growing it better than I am. On a positive note, I have not had to purchase anything in a very long time since I grow more than enough for myself. Growing is fun and life is good.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I posted a smoke report last night on my "Zamaldelica - The Search..." thread:

Greetings,

I sampled a Zamaldelica (Zamal leaning) x Malawi Gold (SOA) tonight. It was notable for the exceptionally smooth smoke. It also had a pleasant minty after taste that I did not notice right away.

:smokey:

It did not take long to make me aware that this is some of the most potent smoke I have tried in a while. The quality is very nice. I still favor the high of SAGE x Purple Haze Meao Thai or Bangi Haze, but the potency of this daughter of Zamaldelica makes this very strong competition.

The first Zamaldelica I tried was also notably potent, which makes this a trend. I'm glad I have more Zamaldelica seeds to look through. It is not on my immediate plans, but I'll be growing more of these seeds since I am gaining confidence that there is a good chance of finding a special individual in this line.

:dance013:

ThaiBliss

I had a 22 oz beer with my dinner, then smoked the Zamalawi. I was stoned! It wasn't as introspective and spooky trippy as the first Zamaldelica that I tried, but it was cleaner and didn't make my ass drag either. However, I slept great last night. The last few nights I had woken up very early and could not fall back asleep. Last night I slept solid through till morning. It is not a fair comparison smoking one in the morning, and the other with a beer in the evening. However, I think I have smoked enough in my life under varying circumstances to still have a handle on them.

Both Zamaldelica and Zamalawi were strong, but I did not feel the mind expanding love, empathy with life, and energy that are some of the traits that I associate with my personal image of what "trippy" is. On the other hand, I really need to clear out a few from my cutting collection, and I don't feel the urge to immediately remove it from my overstocked collection. I like it too much.

I must be tripping,

ThaiBliss

RoadRash

I share your preference for sativa-leaning characteristics, and prefer a soaring, inspiring high that amplifies, rather than dulls, the sensory and cerebral. I'm also searching for that perfect sativa that delivers the psychedelic, creative, high you describe here and your other thread (which I enjoyed reading) but want to select one that has minimal racy anxiety/paranoia, which as you state may be a function of sativa potency that can't be decoupled from the beneficial attributes (creativity, psychedelic effect, lack of ceiling, etc) of a good sativa.

I'm trying to breed a relaxing hybrid (Sour Boggle x Killer Queen Redux) that won't give you a case of the stupids to cross with the kind of sativa you're describing.

Is it possible to breed out the anxiety and paranoia from a super-potent sativa, or will that always be a function of high THC unchecked by CBD and other cannabinoids?

I call that a 'full-spectrum' high, the combination of the 'Up' and the relaxation.

I think some of the anxiety/paranoia is related to cultural setting, e.g. the difference between being in a town that accepts medical marijuana vs. being in a town that fights medical marijuana tooth & nail.

What I experience sometimes is that Cannabis will produce a RUSH of thoughts, like the first time you had a double-expresso. For me, just doing something physical, like mowing a part of my overly large lawn, helps me chill and get back to that simple, calming, mentally focussed feeling.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
What I experience sometimes is that Cannabis will produce a RUSH of thoughts, like the first time you had a double-expresso. For me, just doing something physical, like mowing a part of my overly large lawn, helps me chill and get back to that simple, calming, mentally focussed feeling.

Hi RoadRash,

Thanks for visiting. It has been getting a bit vacant around here, relatively speaking, without Bushweed posting his amazing tropical garden plants that makes everyone's jaws drop and drool. I was about to post some more updates, and it feels weird posting multiple posts in a row, like I'm an old man living alone with a house full of cats to keep me company. No offense to you cat lovers out there. I have two cats and a dog. Uh oh, I am that guy!

Speaking of being self absorbed, I completely agree that getting off my ass and doing something, even if it is just smelling the roses, helps to calm my mind, focus less on myself, and more on the magical world around me, smoothing out any overly energetic or nervous rush of thoughts that can feel like paranoia in extreme cases, if that is what you mean. Which is why I don't mind it if I eventually get to a place of wonder and bliss over this crazy world.

Here is a picture of Gypsy Nirvana Thai Stick x Neville's Haze x Mullumbimby Madness, on the left, and Copalita Oaxacan on the right. I'm calling GNT x NHz x MM "Orange Marmalade" because of the aroma. I wanted to capture an image before I start bending them. They both have exploded in growth and stretch, especially the Oaxacan. One of those Oaxacan internodes is over 5 inches!
picture.php

Also, here are a couple of pictures of my outdoor Nepalese , Bangi Haze and NepaleseJam. Their growth seems to have slowed down recently, partly because I am trying not to water too much so the roots grow deep into the ground past the compost and into the natural red clay soil. I want them to be drought resistant and strong. The fastest columnar and fat leaved individual is leaning over and lost some lower branches. I had to apply some bindings to try and prevent further damage. I think the others have a more natural stronger structure and are slower growing. I have not been following my own advice and probably have been over fertilizing them, because I want to "keep up with the Joneses". It is so temping when others are posting pictures of massive plants.

You can see a fruit box that I was using in the past for a raised bed. I decided to go with fabric pots and in one case a wire fence, with leaves to prevent soil from falling out, so they are not so far off the ground. I believe I will build a greenhouse over the top so that any early rains or light frost do not kill my plants. I expect these to be done by November 1, which is pushing it in our area. If any get done by the end of September, it would be ideal, but I'm not counting on it.

The chair makes the plants look not so big, but it is an illusion because these are on a steep hill. The plants are between a bit shy of 5 feet to 6 feet tall. Those fabric pots are about 5 to 6 feet in diameter. The plants should explode in growth soon, as the days start to shorten.
picture.php

picture.php

Happy Growing,

ThaiBliss

orfeas

Veteran
Οh boy, what a delightful scenery to behold!
I love the ampleness of your garden that comes to a complete contrast to the restriction of my niche in the bush.

All the best for the rest of the journey!

:tiphat:Orfeas

Latest posts

Latest posts