What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Changing, more restrictive Cannabis laws here, and the labor involved in maintaining a strain have forced me to re-evaluate my goals. Line breeding is slow, meticulous, and time consuming work. It also takes up space. I don't know how guys like Dubi and Charlie Garcia do it.

I have so many cutting and seeds for different strains that I want to develop. I was going to develop based on heritage. For example, Thai, African, Mexican, Jamaican, etc.. I've decided to refocus on only two. These lines will be based purely on effect. To some extent, I've already been doing this, mainly for trippiness. Neither strain will have any couch lock/stupor inducing effects. The world is full of hash plant (NLD) type of crosses where these effects dominate.

Going forward, one strain will be based on pure cerebral power and trippiness, without regard to raciness, paranoia, or excessive introspection. The goal will be a Thai Stick like high, a real adrenaline rush, but with as much mushroom like trippiness as possible. I have a solid start with my Wicked Weed line.

My other line will be for a very clean, clear, euphoric, and spiritual type of high/trippiness. I have some real winners for this, and I will start blending these together to see how they combine. I have saved SAGE, Big Sur Holy Weed, Bangi Haze, which all qualify for the traits I'm looking for. Rather than introspection, these are less self centered and more smiley/positive vibe types of high, with little or no raciness.

I have already culled numerous cuttings, and will be doing more as I outcross some of them together.

Best Vibes,

ThaiBliss

Lacocina

Hope your going to finish that long narrow leaf thai looking one you have...... Seems my thai plants are my current favorites... Just take so long to finish....smooth grins to you.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hope your going to finish that long narrow leaf thai looking one you have...... Seems my thai plants are my current favorites... Just take so long to finish....smooth grins to you.

My two Thai looking ones appear to be males. I'm getting rid of this one:
picture.php

^^^ It came from this male, and I'll likely find more:
picture.php

I want to test a sister or two before using any males from this father.

I found another Thai looking one that is sturdier:
picture.php

^^^^This is a brother of the flowering father posted above. I have plans for this one.

I dug into a bag of leftovers from two summers ago. It had buds from this plant, proven mother of all my new tests and sister to the two males immediately above:
picture.php

I swear the aroma is stronger than ever, and more mentholated than ever. It knocked me backwards when I inhaled. I got lucky finding her. Before I found her, I contemplated ditching the line and starting from scratch. Wow! how things can turn around. LOL Now I have a Thai like high in an early sturdy plant with nice size buds. It is not as electric eel feeling as Thai Sticks, but I hope to add that with this Miss Universe:
picture.php

T.B.

Lacocina

Looking good thai...... I've got some snowhigh golden thai going that look interesting and healthy.... But I still like the spider finger strains with that minty vanilla rubbery smell... Mild expansion and mind veg thinking dreaming effect.

Will be interesting what comes from your efforts.

vinrusso

Bangi x Satori... sounds very nice.

Your Panama x Bangi Haze is looking great!
Hey Thai, I know you like the Banghi. I had 1 seed of from 2012 of it. The leaves were skinny, so thin and sativish that I thought I had mixed a seed. Anyway it was a male (I took no pollen like a fool) The smell was actually about the nastiest smell I've ever grown. Even a male smelled like asphalt mixed with something else rank. I heard the versions now are not like that anymore? A stem rub used to almost make me nauseous. Anyway my question is what made it smell like that the Nepalese? Did you get the same smells?

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hey Thai, I know you like the Banghi. I had 1 seed of from 2012 of it. The leaves were skinny, so thin and sativish that I thought I had mixed a seed. Anyway it was a male (I took no pollen like a fool) The smell was actually about the nastiest smell I've ever grown. Even a male smelled like asphalt mixed with something else rank. I heard the versions now are not like that anymore? A stem rub used to almost make me nauseous. Anyway my question is what made it smell like that the Nepalese? Did you get the same smells?

I don't think I had one like that. The closest I can think of had buds that looked more indica than most. The buds smelled like spicy body odor, like sweaty stressed out armpits. That plant was strong and racy. A patient told me that the extract from that plant was the strongest the patient ever made. It was too nerve wracking to be well liked.

The ones I like smell floral perfume as the dominant aroma. They also have lemon and menthol in the background. What attracts me to Bangi Haze are the ones with exceptionally clean uplifting highs. The feedback from women on those same ones that I like are that it makes them feel horny. Other green collar managers like to share my favorite Bangi Haze buds with coworkers because productivity rises, like providing coffee for your workers.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

Eight feet high by the 4th of July! Took a bunch of photos of the garden today, and I'd like to share them. The first set are of the Kali 99s (Miss Universe). The first picture captures the stalky thin bamboo-like look of what the Thai Stick I used to grow looked like:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This next set are of the Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed cross. I have a couple of them growing. This one really looks like the Bangi Haze mother, but is much healthier:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is the Bangi Haze mother I chose:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here are some wider garden shots:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here is what I believe is the male I'll use to carry forward my Wicked Weed line:
picture.php

Happy 4th Everyone,

ThaiBliss

No progress yet. I'm still sitting on BSHW, SAGE, and Maui cuttings for that. Next time I flower indoors, it will be to make seed from the Maui x Wicked Weed to kick it off.

That sounds good. Although you said wicked weed had taken a turn you didn't like at one point so you may just be watering down your keeper clones.

Have you thought of selling them and breeding that way for preservation sake.

Also to go about it that way may take a decade or more and in the end you might have just wanted to produce what female breeding can produce at least untill the right stud is found.

That sounds good. Although you said wicked weed had taken a turn you didn't like at one point so you may just be watering down your keeper clones.

Have you thought of selling them and breeding that way for preservation sake.

Also to go about it that way may take a decade or more and in the end you might have just wanted to produce what female breeding can produce at least untill the right stud is found.

I meant to type selfing but autocorrect.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
looking good TB................hearin' ya on restrictions.........even some dry counties here in Cali.............

ganj on.............

Latest posts

Latest posts