What's new

The Search for Trip Weed

Siever

Veteran
I liked Ciskei too. IMHO it wasn't that weak, but I got quickly used to it. I liked the taste and effect.

Zitz

Thanks for the Ciskei report I like the leaves, almost a primitive look, and your description ticks most boxes for me (uplifting but not racy, no crash, mold resistant)....
I now cant wait to try the ciskei x swazi.

Koondense

Veteran
Thankis ThaiBliss for further infos on Ciskei and BangiHaze, always a pleasure to read and very informative.

At this point I think I'll go searching for some Bangi x Satori seeds I keep somewhere in my stash, while impatiently waiting for the Panama x BangiHaze to finish. Seems a bit more Bangi leaning and could have some very good properties, based on the very lemony and acrid cat piss-hash kind of smell.

Panama x Bangi Haze

picture.php

Cheers

Zitz

I made Ciskei x Kali Mist seeds. Can't wait to try them either. I've just put 11 seeds in the soil and I'm going to cross them with Kali Mist.
I think they had a similar effect: uplifting, cerebreal. B.T.W. Kali Mist is said to be very mold resistant too.
https://www.seriousseeds.com/seeds/kali-mist

Yes Ive read lots of good things about Kali mist, including some peeps who prefer it to haze.
This is a good read: https://www.420magazine.com/forums/...-superior-player-sativa-champions-league.html

Quote: "I will never forget this awesome experience: Kali Mist immediately extremely quickened both body and soul, caused a feeling of sanguine mental easiness, having the effect of a long lasting energy injection."

Thankis ThaiBliss for further infos on Ciskei and BangiHaze, always a pleasure to read and very informative.

At this point I think I'll go searching for some Bangi x Satori seeds I keep somewhere in my stash, while impatiently waiting for the Panama x BangiHaze to finish. Seems a bit more Bangi leaning and could have some very good properties, based on the very lemony and acrid cat piss-hash kind of smell.

Panama x Bangi Haze

View Image

Cheers

Interesting strains, will you be doing any outdoor antics this year?
Your LBH plants look fantastic.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Greetings,

I wanted to show some pictures of this year's test plants taken shortly before they were transplanted into the ground. I will wait another week before posting pictures of the garden.

Here is a close up of Miss Universe. It has a lot of S.E. Asian traits:
picture.php

Here is a male Wicked Weed selection. It is quite the opposite of the thin leaved plant whose children I am testing this summer. This year's male is very fat leaved. What both males had in common are a minimum of the myrcene aromas I can detect. One of the children of the thin leaved male has minty aromas, as well as limonene. This fat leaved male has a funky fruity perfume aroma very similar to the Burmese strain that was bred to this line:
picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Now that the plants are starting to take hold, here are some garden pictures...

picture.php

Here are a couple of Nanan Bouclou pictures:

picture.php

picture.php

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Here is the most elegant lady this year so far, my African princess, Bangi Haze x Wicked Weed skinny leaf male:

picture.php

Some various Wicked Weed plants:

picture.php

picture.php

Best,

ThaiBliss

G

Gr33nSanta

Thanks for posting, beautiful beautiful plants you got. I am only getting back into Sativas. Ive always preferred smoking and growing narrow-leaved hybrid cultivars over wide-leaved cultivars, but I have only grown true narrow-leaved cultivars a couple of times, I am ready to try again. Can't do it under the sun though...

Lacocina

Thai Bliss

Good looking start this year !

I'm eyeing that long thin thai looking one in misc section......

Your wide leaf looks very Burmese from days of old....

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thai Bliss
Good looking start this year !

Thanks.
I'm eyeing that long thin thai looking one in misc section......

Yes... that wasn't the biggest of the ones I selected from, but it is so beautiful. Not really sure if it is female either. Whatever it is, I want to watch it develop.

Your wide leaf looks very Burmese from days of old....

Do you have experience with Burmese? I'd love to hear any stories about it if you have tried it. I love that stuff. I'm idling (line breeding) in this generation, in part, because of it.

T.B.

Lacocina

Going back to mid eighties we started breeding Burmese into our crops... Mostly because back then it was a new toy for the gardens and the local clones that we was buying from out of Ukiah had some trays @ $10 a pop... Came out with some great strains with sweet skunk smell and taste and shorter flower times...of course back then it was all done under manzanita canopies...... Some of them exceptional some of them not worthy... Hope you find a beach nut strain.... We had some come out with yellow strips across the fan leaves they had killer smells and smooth expansion... We didn't let go of to many of these .. We used to cal it Martha's beechnut gum.....we has tons of seeds from one we crossed to another like male.... I'd give good $ for some of those now !

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Thanks Lacocina, I love to hear good stories from back in the day. Early 80s is when indica started becoming prevalent. Burmese was the right one to use due to the up and euphoric nature of it. You were fortunate to experience one of the best to use in sativa indica crosses, in my opinion.

G

Gr33nSanta

This might not qualify as trip weed to some of you, but this is my current attempt at finding a trippy mom. The plant the seed came from was very potent to me.

She was the only seed that was still viable and she came up as a triple leaflet. In the flower room she went, today is day 1.

(BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon) X ? , possibly selfed.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php
[/IMG]

attachment.php

My next best attempt is a Thunk I just put in the flower room, I plan to give her 3 months indoor and put her outside to finish in September.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This might not qualify as trip weed to some of you, but this is my current attempt at finding a trippy mom. The plant the seed came from was very potent to me.

She was the only seed that was still viable and she came up as a triple leaflet. In the flower room she went, today is day 1.

(BlueSage X Dr.Grinspoon) X ? , possibly selfed.

Sounds good to me! Thanks for posting.

My next best attempt is a Thunk I just put in the flower room, I plan to give her 3 months indoor and put her outside to finish in September.

Looks beautiful. Please keep us updated as they grow.

Here are a couple of recent pictures of Miss Universe:

picture.php

picture.php

One of the reasons I grew this is because of the Kali Mist in it. It also has C99, and I think this plant looks more like pictures of C99 I've seen, but I do not have much experience with those. Does anyone who has grown those recognize any traits?

The garden is really growing fast now. I need to get trellises up soon.

ThaiBliss

ThaiBliss

Veteran
KaYa-mon Posted this on the Jamaican Lambsbread thread. I want to document it here:

High Times:
Well, the Jamaican that's coming into the States now is not as good as it was.
Marley:
Ya don' get no good herb because too much sell in Jamaica. And ya find alla people who plant herb fertilize it, so nobody really take care of de herb like first time. Ya use fertilizer, it come quick. Dem fertilize it an' cut it before time.

I'm going to find another story about La Reunion growers talking about the best way to grow, and update this post to put it all in one place.

Latest posts

Latest posts