What's new

The search for a proper recovery pump..

flatslabs

I still have a broken rg6000 as well due to some "beginner mistakes"

I have yet to find the time for repairing the model..

Only takes about 45 minutes to do the seal replacement with no prior experience, don't put it off for too long!

Might I ask what your pump is doing that you determined it was broken? Leaking, shaking, trips breaker, etc

Chonkski

Only takes about 45 minutes to do the seal replacement with no prior experience, don't put it off for too long!

Might I ask what your pump is doing that you determined it was broken? Leaking, shaking, trips breaker, etc

It won't hold pressure of any sort on either side. When I first got a mkIII and ran it, I didnt really have much "feathering experience" and aspirated butane laden oil through the pump. And a good amount at that, because I ran 4 or 5 cycles repeating the same mistakes.

Whoops!

Permacultuure

Veteran
It won't hold pressure of any sort on either side. When I first got a mkIII and ran it, I didnt really have much "feathering experience" and aspirated butane laden oil through the pump. And a good amount at that, because I ran 4 or 5 cycles repeating the same mistakes.

Whoops!

A simple cleaning can work sometimes. Break it down, clean it with iso and reassemble. Cause it may be a while til you see a seal kit.

This prick over at airlcean is fucking us all by having a constant back order of 10k seal kits, meaning we have to beg and plead just to get a dozen or less. He then takes those, marks them up insanely high and resells them to us. He has said, and i quote "good luck buddy, I've got that market cornered" when called out on his BS tactics by me and my friends at RSD

Don't support this prick! Call and complain to century tool and other suppliers. I gave up on ordering them, I know Jcoltrane has been waiting a month maybe two for his....

upuaut

I really appreciate the effort put into explaining the process for clearing the MT-69 but could you please correct the grammar? It is making some parts of the explanation hard to follow. thank you

flatslabs

Perma: You can get the rebuild kids on ebay for $95. Still overpriced, but not the $199 that I have seen some charge.

Chonkski: I would try what is suggested and just open it up, you can probably fix it without a rebuild kit if you take the cylinders apart and clean it out good. I would suspect your problem is oil stuck in the valves and hopefully not a damaged seal.

Permacultuure

Veteran
Thanks FS! Last time i checked ebay it was the same guy but I'll check again.....still more than double what they should be....I refuse to support him, as my graveyard grows :(

flatslabs

Yeah its the same guy behind the scenes, but there are different auctions at different price points. I will support him if it means saving perfectly good pumps from the landfill, even if he is making a fortune, maybe we need to start a second hand promax shop

hobb3s93

i think i pulled some oil in my pump on my first run. does the gauge tend to move suddenly?
like tug down suddenly , tug back up ,kinda like a hiccup (if that makes sense).

anybody broken their tr-21 yet? thinking about throwing some "T" fittings and some small gauges on the in and out ports. or would a sight glass coming from my recovery valve be more effective?

I have been away from my computer for quite some time. 'Tis a busy time of year. I recently got on the ecogreen website and saw that they are selling CM-EP recovery pumps rated for flammable hydrocarbons and they come loaded with hempseed oil. I don't remember ever hearing of this pump coming up in a past discussion, possibly because it was just written off for not being oil-less. I also remember that GW was doing some experimentation with hempseed oil as a lubricant and how it breaks down with extended use. I'm wondering if anyone has been bold enough to try out one of these pumps and if anyone knows more about them and why they may not be suitable for smaller applications to replace the G5, TR21, etc. If it has been answered already, I apologize in advance.

Dab Strudel

If I had a broken TR-21 (not actually sure if its seals are shot but if so) is the rebuild doable or do I need to explore other options? How do I test the TR-21 to make sure its good?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If I had a broken TR-21 (not actually sure if its seals are shot but if so) is the rebuild doable or do I need to explore other options? How do I test the TR-21 to make sure its good?

Deadhead the outlet with a pressure gauge, leaving the inlet open to atmosphere, and see if it pumps up to pressure quickly and shuts off when it reaches over pressure limits.

When sitting under those conditions, does it periodically cycle to make up for leaked air?

Rickys bong

Veteran
I am a bit skeptical of the CM-EP pump for a couple of reasons. It's not oil-less and even if the oil is hemp based, if you pull a vacuum with it or a piston seal fails your butane is still contaminated. It'll just be more subtle. your shatter won't shatter for some inexplicable reason.
The problem with hermetic compressors is that once the cylinder pressure drops below -10 inches the crankcase pressure can push oil into the cylinder.

And I'm even more skeptical of the pump Actually being lubed with pure hemp oil. Lubricating oils are usually a complex mix of various additives in a oil base. There's a lot of additives in lubricating oil... Non-toxic? I won't trust that one too easily...

Hopefully GW can get some tested to see what's in it. Chinese companies have the unfortunate reputation of putting what we want to hear on the label, and something very different in the product.
"rated for r-600" only means that the switch contacts are sealed to prevent a possible explosion, but again I'm a bit skeptical about quality...

RB