What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xochipilli

the RKS91 beans i grew out hermied, but only maybe one pheno.....i forget. the original beans don't seem to have much hermie trait....atleast not outdoors from what i've seen.

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i have grown tons of skunks

they are def prone to hermies under hi heat and nutrient burn.

cant wait to have my r/d set up @ ammcan. 3000+ sq/ft to find and inbreed the pheno

med-man

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
So you mean to say you grew a bunch of Skunks poorly and they performed as such?

Brilliant assessment.

Can't wait for you to get set-up so the rest of us can finally grow some real Skunk.

Like that RKS you have.

LOL

Thanks for the laughs, you're good for that at least.

grobag

Good to see you @Xochipili

We spoke about this on my Skunk91 thread on TSD

It's good to know the Sterling Skunk is still around in pure form.It deserves to be reproduced,there's some funky fire in that line.

Silas

Cannavore

Veteran
"Sterling Skunk" is an old massachusetts strain that was inbred for over maybe 12 or 14 seasons. The original seed line came from California. A friend of mine got back from vietnam and was living in SoCal when he got the seeds. This was in like maybe 1974. Soon after he moved back to Massachusetts and began growing it outdoors. The seeds were given to me , and I was told "this shit smells just like a skunk". Knowing Bodhi's attention to the seed, I decided who better than him to have them. Seeds were given to him and a few others across the country. I am glad that they were useful. Bodhi does tremendous work, and I thank him for his work at preserving these varieties.

-Xochipilli

Thanks for dropping the knowledge!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
i have grown tons of skunks

they are def prone to hermies under hi heat and nutrient burn.

cant wait to have my r/d set up @ ammcan. 3000+ sq/ft to find and inbreed the pheno

med-man

G`day MM

That seems like a big investment of time and money .
To chase a pheno ??

The conversation with your accountant would be interesting to witness .

Accountant: "You want to spend how much money ? and for go how much profit ??
To pursue this strain that other growers discontinued ??? "
lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey Elma

Its a business expense. Govt pays 40% in canada. Its worth it. I just need time and help now. MMB is backed up as it is

med-man

ozza

Veteran
G`day MM

That seems like a big investment of time and money .
To chase a pheno ??

The conversation with your accountant would be interesting to witness .

To pursue this strain that other growers discontinued ??? "
lol .

Thanks for sharin

EB .
The reason why I know a lot of grow discontinued their skunk in Australia was because it was a smaller plant and it smelt too much. The laws changed and they started to bust you based on how many rootstocks you had. So if you had 50 little skunks, it was the same as 50 say Big Bud. So they went to other things for money, not because it was inferior.

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
Bodhi did say outdoors minimal, but indoors be on lookout.......and thanks for makin' happen Xo....................this is a start in right direction........and hope to contribute in the salvage................

rks from late 70's-Corralitos didn't show any herm.........and I grew a lot of them.......two main phenos.......both smaller in stature...thinkin' it was a Mex/Afghan hyb..........75% favored the mex hyb side...lime green spongy golf balls....the other 25% favored the ghani hyb side......full branched ghani formed like flowers...............this line is probably some of Sams original work ...................

ganj on...................

Nice work @xxPeacePipexx

That's a beauty.Looks to be a similar pheno to the one I kept.

Did you use that girl in your crosses or did you find a nice S91 male?
How dominant was the Skunk91 in the offspring?

Silas

Thanks Silas I too see the similarity of the pheno shared - I used both sides of this mix for a little in depth research . One of the males I found had a few pistils so I culled him and used the second choice for siring and f2 beans . I found the skunk to be a bit dom in the crosses compared to the chem side . Most off my outcrosses that took the 91 side looked Diesel just like the initial plants that were not rks dom .

Also xxPeacePipexx what's Jib mate?

The JIB was created by Kak1963 but never released , it became a fav here and it is a smash of Subs oldest and at the time newest .

JIB - Jacks Cleaner P1 X Plush Berry (Black Cherry Dom)

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
To pursue this strain that other growers discontinued ??? " lol .

The reason why I know a lot of grow discontinued their skunk in Australia was because it was a smaller plant and it smelt too much. The laws changed and they started to bust you based on how many rootstocks you had. So if you had 50 little skunks, it was the same as 50 say Big Bud. So they went to other things for money, not because it was inferior.

G`day Ozza

Are you addressing that to me ?
I never said anything about inferior . I said discontinued .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

Last edited:

HidingInTheHaze

Veteran
I've got a 06 satori that's throwing some serious skunk terp in veg I even got a second opinion to make sure my nose wasnt playing tricks on me, it will be interesting to see if it retains this stink in flower.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
saw some "breeder" on instagram claiming they are releasing old school road kill skunk..think it was some oregon or washington guy. can't remember exactly who but i was skeptical when i first saw it…

ok i just rechecked and its some guy name Dr.Frost and he's working in collaboration with Humboldt Seed Org and claiming its a 89 roadkill skunk.

no idea how legit it is, but maybe someone else can verify.

ozza

Veteran
G`day Ozza

Are you addressing that to me ?
I never said anything about inferior . I said discontinued .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

I know, but if you didn't think it was inferior why would you think chasing a Pheno would be unprofitable?

I would imagine just from this threads popularity, that the first person to find a stable skunk-that has the skunk smell we all remember, will become a rich man if he so wanted. So I would assume it would be making profit instead of losing some?

MrTea

some guy
Veteran
Well not a true skunk here's the cut onlySan Diego catpiss dating back to the 70's. Got it from a guy who got it from Scott ofRare Dankness who got it fromArchive Seed Bank. Just received it a couple weeks ago.has that roadkill musty fuel pissy stink when You rub the stem; even leaves the finger sticky with resin.

Throws off huge calyxes in veg. So much so I did a pollination on them a few days ago with this male from a friend.
Temple flo x Gsc

Last edited:

"HEMPEROR"

Well not a true skunk here's the cut onlySan Diego catpiss dating back to the 70's. Got it from a guy who got it from Scott ofRare Dankness who got it fromArchive Seed Bank. Just received it a couple weeks ago.has that roadkill musty fuel pissy stink when You rub the stem; even leaves the finger sticky with resin.
[URL=http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag230/mrtea1523/Mobile%20Uploads/1106142121_zpstju45z6y.jpg]View Image[/URL][URL=http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag230/mrtea1523/Mobile%20Uploads/1106142136_zpsqvuhboro.jpg]View Image[/URL]
Throws off huge calyxes in veg. So much so I did a pollination on them a few days ago with this male from a friend.
Temple flo x Gsc[URL=http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag230/mrtea1523/2807erq%201_zpsa9e4poyp.jpg]View Image[/URL]

very nice bro i can only imagine how bad but good that smells! wish my laptop had scratch and sniff lol thanx for sharing....hemp!

ozza

Veteran
that male is a Flo male crossed to GSC Forum cut... I call him Floscout.

Could you find Skunk #1 regular seeds at all? I would think that maybe finding a Skunk#1 male with more stink to it and then crossing this with something like what you have there is more along the lines that someone needs to try.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Skunk #1 has been ruined as far as "skunk" is concerned... you're better off looking in afghan genetics than the skunk ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.