What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yodaweed

This is the second pheno , no leaf curl,looks similar to the other one a lot just doesn't have the leaf curl.

Attachments

• IMG_6384.jpg
    IMG_6384.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 25

window

Veteran
Any ideas?

Could be just a bit of nutrient sensitivity on that particular pheno? Not all plants from the same line behave the same way.
Looks like clawing, like you may have overfed slightly, I see some yellow tips on the leaves.
Maybe try giving that particular pheno a lower nutrient strength?

Curling leafs, I don't believe is a trait Skunk#1 is known for...lime green growing tips and yellow shade leaves at maturity ( neither of which are deficiencies) and a stink to high heaven are known traits for Skunk#1.

Are yours stinking yet?:biggrin:

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
He is as close to totally wrong as any poster I have seen on IC, and all he had to do is read the IC TOU and follow the rules, he could not be bothered to do so... We can easily tolerate most information wrong or right, but if a poster can't bother to read the TOU I have little sympathy for them....
-SamS

My apologies SamS, just perso early conclusion, Payaso reassured me since, respect!

Nevertheless I think the bann is a pity, TheSciencesKids should not be totally wrong. :)

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
first true rks encountered was in Corralitos .......late 70's...............along with original Haze that filled grnhse's off Hazel Dell...............

many johnny come lately's, but never to match the quality..........

ganj on.........

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Encountered by whom? I saw many Skunk #1 RKS smelling starting around 76, I lived very close to Corralitos, just a few miles away. I never saw greenhouses up on Hazel Dell, can you find them on a google maps, I could not. I lived just a short mile or two away. Until I moved nearby to the top of Mt Madonna.

-SamS

first true rks encountered was in Corralitos .......late 70's...............along with original Haze that filled grnhse's off Hazel Dell...............

many johnny come lately's, but never to match the quality..........

ganj on.........

Dirtboy808

Veteran
We had skunk smelling buds in the late 70's my wife hated the smell the whole house would reek. The trimmers complained too.lol Those were wild days in Puna. Aloha DB

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Encountered by whom? I saw many Skunk #1 RKS smelling starting around 76, I lived very close to Corralitos, just a few miles away. I never saw greenhouses up on Hazel Dell, can you find them on a google maps, I could not. I lived just a short mile or two away. Until I moved nearby to the top of Mt Madonna.

-SamS

I dont see how google maps will show greenhouses in the 70's....

Yodaweed

Could be just a bit of nutrient sensitivity on that particular pheno? Not all plants from the same line behave the same way.
Looks like clawing, like you may have overfed slightly, I see some yellow tips on the leaves.
Maybe try giving that particular pheno a lower nutrient strength?

Curling leafs, I don't believe is a trait Skunk#1 is known for...lime green growing tips and yellow shade leaves at maturity ( neither of which are deficiencies) and a stink to high heaven are known traits for Skunk#1.

Are yours stinking yet?:biggrin:

They are pretty stinky, not very lime green though and I am growing them 100% organic, I don't use fertilizers maybe my mix was a bit hot when they went in but I haven't been giving them any fertilizers. Maybe I don't have a skunk pheno, thanks for your help.

redlaser

Veteran
This plant has the leaf curl

The plant with the leaf curl is not handling the water its getting most likely, letting it dry some will probably fix that. If it is also cooler or cold at the roots it will be harder to recover than if it was at a comfortable room temp. It's hard to tell because of the lighting, but the first pic with the plant in the front looks to have the beginnings of chlorotic margins, possible magnesium, potassium or zinc deficiency. You might have said it, but where did this skunk come from?

Mtn. Nectar

Veteran
damn truth hashmasta...........

your memory must be lapsing Sam..........cause spoken with you more than once about the scene at the time .....your Croatian girlfriend.....?.... you jacked the Santa Cruz Purple Mtn. Nectar label from me for your collection........google that...........

not gonna re-hash old shiat, but you can guarantee we tended your first gen Sk1 cause it was all rks............seemed to be from sativa background.............prolly mex in orgin............reeked from sprout through cure like none other since..............way diff from afghan invasion rks indicas that followed...........

ganj on.............

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
I think we had the afghan invasion rks indica. We got it in 1980, and it didnt seem to have any sativa to it at all really. It was highly revered(good shit), are you saying the sativa one was even mo' betta? Did the Afghani Indica one come through Sam do you know, or somewhere elses?

Yodaweed

The plant with the leaf curl is not handling the water its getting most likely, letting it dry some will probably fix that. If it is also cooler or cold at the roots it will be harder to recover than if it was at a comfortable room temp. It's hard to tell because of the lighting, but the first pic with the plant in the front looks to have the beginnings of chlorotic margins, possible magnesium, potassium or zinc deficiency. You might have said it, but where did this skunk come from?

Seedsman Skunk#1, you maybe right about the chlorotic margins, but I have added an organic nutrient that has all the metals in it , its called TM-7 from BIO-AG so I hope that takes care of it, in organic soil its not a good idea to let it totally dry out because the living organisms will die. The room temps can get a bit high, around 85F. Thank you for your help :)

redlaser

Veteran
Seedsman Skunk#1, you maybe right about the chlorotic margins, but I have added an organic nutrient that has all the metals in it , its called TM-7 from BIO-AG so I hope that takes care of it, in organic soil its not a good idea to let it totally dry out because the living organisms will die. The room temps can get a bit high, around 85F. Thank you for your help :)

Yeah, you wouldn't want it to get too dry, maybe less than the other plants or skipping a watering. Might want to foliar feed the trace elements for quicker uptake once the issue is better identified. Room temp of 85 shouldn't be an issue, the roots should be cooler, less than 70f range. It's always possible that there is too much of a nutrient, which can cause symptoms of a deficiency of something else

bushweed

Veteran
Some discussion before suggested that Colombian Gold may have brought the Skunk aromas, but have to concur with those who refuted it. I grew some Hz x Acapulco Gold that had the typical Skunk smell, which suggests to me that the AG may be the major contributor to the skunky aroma...

Yodaweed

Yeah, you wouldn't want it to get too dry, maybe less than the other plants or skipping a watering. Might want to foliar feed the trace elements for quicker uptake once the issue is better identified. Room temp of 85 shouldn't be an issue, the roots should be cooler, less than 70f range. It's always possible that there is too much of a nutrient, which can cause symptoms of a deficiency of something else

Could definitely be my mix was too hot or off nutrient wise, I'm getting better at organics but i'm not the best :) always room to learn, thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts