What's new

The Roadkill Skunk Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Anyway, moving on....

So in the original breeding program, AG x CG didnt work, so it was redone with thebaddition of afghan.
Well,
Where's that AG x Colombian cross these days?
I'd be very interested in that cross.

Yodaweed

I'm growing Skunk#1 right now, I got one phenotype that's really skunky smelling and it has this weird leaf curl going, is that a skunk#1 trait?

R

Robrites

When I started smoking weed, gasoline was 47 cents a gallon. Mexican weed was 10 bucks an ounce - $100 a pound. Then along came columbian gold at $35 an ounce. Insanely expensive. It was way powerful for the times but had 0 (zero) skunk taste or smell.

window

Veteran
I'm growing Skunk#1 right now, I got one phenotype that's really skunky smelling and it has this weird leaf curl going, is that a skunk#1 trait?

I don't think so, can you post a pic?
Be nice to see some pics of Skunk#1, what breeder are they from?
I got a pack of seedsman Skunk#1 in the fridge, am hoping to grow them out this year to see how they compare to the cheese clone.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I also saw Colombian starting around 1970 being brought from Florida, I saw different batches every few months of varying qualities from ok to fricking great seedless. None was Skunky, ever. It also was NLD.
-SamS

When I started smoking weed, gasoline was 47 cents a gallon. Mexican weed was 10 bucks an ounce - $100 a pound. Then along came columbian gold at $35 an ounce. Insanely expensive. It was way powerful for the times but had 0 (zero) skunk taste or smell.

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Colombian

Colombian

No skunk in Colombian now or then.

attachment.php

SMG 04

red rider

Betterhaff

Veteran
Skunk #1 = Afghanni x Colombian Gold
Ummm....
That would be interesting indeed...

PS:
I selfed the MazarXColombian hybrids to other MazarXColombian hybrids. This was in the early 70's.
-SamS
Mazar, but then crossed with a Columbian, then selfed, then the hybrid crossed with Acapulco Gold to make it a bit earlier.
-SamS
Almost correct, (Colombian x Mazar) x (Mazar x Colombian) and the result (Colombian/MazarXMazar/Colombian)square x Acapulco gold.
-SamS

red rider

ICMag Donor
Veteran
In my option and from my experience the RKS I knew is in no way related to Colombian cannabis. Santa Marta gold (like I'm currently growing) has a sweet incense taste that is nothing like skunk or black hashish. In fact I would say SMG and RKS are almost at opposite ends of the scale. The RKS plants I grew in 87 were tall BLD nothing like the NLD Colombians we grew at the same time.

red rider

Koondense

Veteran
If I may, I once grew a cross of a Colombian from Cali and a Haze.
There was zero skunkiness, mostly sweet/meaty incense kind of smells which I think is far from being skunky.
And from what I read here, the Roadkill was an unworked "branch" of the skunk genepool Sam created in the 70s. He later selected for sweeter terpenes/better high and branded it Sk#1.

Maybe I read wrong, please correct me.

p.s.
I believe the Dutch selection on the Sk#1 pool made a more WLD plant in the end. Also Dutch Passion selection of skunks(they have different selections from original Sk#1 pool) shows there can be much variety still but noone really has the Roadkill, seems to be lost with Sams first selections for Sk#1.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Roms,
I did not Ban TheScienceKids I told him to obey the IC TOU or I would ban him, I did nothing yet......
-SamS

Roms

.bzh
Veteran
My apologies SamS, just perso early conclusion, Payaso reassured me since, respect!

Nevertheless I think the bann is a pity, TheSciencesKids should not be totally wrong. :)

Yodaweed

I don't think so, can you post a pic?
Be nice to see some pics of Skunk#1, what breeder are they from?
I got a pack of seedsman Skunk#1 in the fridge, am hoping to grow them out this year to see how they compare to the cheese clone.

This plant has the leaf curl

Attachments

• IMG_6386.jpg
    IMG_6386.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6387.jpg
    IMG_6387.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 23
Status
Not open for further replies.