picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Some of my home made bubble hash, after I pressed it.

picture.php

These where just taken out of the freezer. You can see the frost(/moisture that forms on the surface of something that is frozen and place in room temp) built up on the out side of them. You can see where I had touched while placing them onto the scale to take the picture.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
-----Botanical Nomenclature-----

From how I've been reading about the subject it laid out as,

Family:

Genus:

Species:

Cultivar:

Figure 1

Family: Cannabis

Genus: Sativa (or Indica ?)

Species:

Cultivar:

The Botanical name of this lovely plant that we all (most of us) like, is known as Cannabis. I would like to bring up the subject of applying Botanical Nomenclature and using it more often. It is possible that in the near future growers/breeders will need to start using/applying Botanical Nomenclature in how plants have names applied to them. This may seam like a pain in the behind for folks to start thinking about using, but we need to start looking at it with how Cannabis is becoming legal in more and more places. If we start using Botanical Nomenclature and applying it in how we name stuff, perhaps it may make it harder for non-cannabis related folks to start legal actions against folks over a name given to plants/a single plant.

The current powers to be only see Cannabis Sativa as Cannabis Sativa and don't recognize Cannabis Indica, they only categorize it as WLD and NLD. I'm not sure exactly how they classify hemp.

Most often you only hear about this plant being referred to as Marijuana, some folks have started using the term cannabis (it's what I prefer) instead of marijuana.

Figure 2

Genus: Sativa

Species:WLD, NLD, Hemp

Cultivar:

If we go by Botanical Nomenclature, the Family is cannabis, the Genus is sativa (refer to figure 2). Which would then place what we refer to as Indica, Sativa, Ruderalis, and hemp into the category of Species. I'm not sure if botanical nomenclature would allow for the name, Cannabis Sativa, sativa, to be applied and used. The terms that anti-cannabis groups would list the different species as WLD, NLD, (and I assume) hemp. Sativa would be NLD and Indica would be the WLD. But I think we may be able to discard the use of the term WLD and NLD in going forward.

With how "underground breeding" has gone over the last 30-40 years along with the advent of retail seed sales, most seeds/plant types are a hybrid of one form or another now. This has given rise to other possible other Species that could be included under the category 'species', (refer to figure 2a).

Figure 2a

Genus: Sativa

Species:Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis, Hemp, CBD Hemp, and hybrid types

Cultivar:

With all the breeding that has gone on over the years that has led to the making of crosses with hybrid crosses and then crossing those hybrids to other hybrids, over and over it kind of muddies up the definitions to the category of Species. Yet this has given rise to CBD hemp and other types from folks crossing stuff. If we applied this same type of breeding to Dogs, we would end up with what we call a mutt (or mutts). With breeding of animals we have different types of breeds that arise from folks breeding one type of animal breed for "pure breed" animals.

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I don't recall if I've gone and mentioned this yet or not. But I've been using two different hydroponic nutrients "brands". I've been using Technaflora nutrients for many many years now. I first started with GH and switched to Technaflora years ago. I've started using the GH nutrients again, but I'm only using it for my veg nutrients. The Technaflora is only being used for flowering. The Technaflora is just way better as a flowering nutrient solution then GH. The flowers have more smell/taste/more potent flowers with the technaflora nutrients.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I went and made up some cookies a couple weeks ago. I portioned them out and froze the dough balls in my freezer. I used the recipe from the bag of chocolate chips. I will be further refining this recipe as I go on with new batches. The recipe called for nuts, but I don't do whole nuts and thus I left them out of the mix.

I weighted out most of the ingredients after measuring them out by the listed volume in 'cups'

2.5 cups all purpose flower (bleached flower)- 360 grams
1tsp. baking soda
1tsp. salt
1cup (2 sticks) butter- softened
3/4cup sugar- 160grams
3/4cup packed brown sugar- 126grams
1tsp. Vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 3/4 cups chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate - chocolate ships)
3.5 grams of hand ground flower(bud)

This recipe was adjusted for high altitude and extra flour was added

Oven temp 375f
bake time is listed as 9-11 minutes. Bake time varies by size of cookie dough balls and other factors. I have an older electric oven and my bake time has been around the 18 minute range. I baked some up in a friends oven who has a gas oven, they baked up in the 13-15 minute range.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Air stones I've been using air stone for my hydroponic systems for years and years now. I had found that it was best to replace every air stone in my DWC buckets after each crop. I've had a problem with some of the air stones not putting out little to no air, these air stone tend to be smooth on the exterior of the air stones. I've started blowing through them before using them. the ones that you can blow air through with out much effort are good, if you can't hardly blow air through them they aren't good enough to use.

In the last several months I inadvertently discovered a way to give my air stones a longer amount of life. When the air stones have been dried out, I take a piece of coarse sand paper and give them a good little sanding to remove any built up salts on the outside. They then work like new.

I haven't been able to test a larger number of used air stones yet due to throwing out most of my old air stones.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
That is a great find on cleaning the air stones. Your flowers look excellent and I was curious how and what parts of the technaflora line you are using for flower. I have been using new millennium for sometime but I am always looking for alternatives. Thanks

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
That is a great find on cleaning the air stones. Your flowers look excellent and I was curious how and what parts of the technaflora line you are using for flower. I have been using new millennium for sometime but I am always looking for alternatives. Thanks

I should add that I wash the air stones off after sanding the outside to wash any dust from the air stone.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Loaded up some fresh pictures.

Day three of flower for 4 Sour d

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Roots

picture.php

picture.php

Since they where transplanted they where switched over to Technaflora nutes from G.H. nutes. I mixed the nutrients at the formula for veg. But I used the the bloom nutrients instead of the grow.

All of these years I've been switching to flowering nutrients as soon as I flip the lights. I'll see how they do over the next 2 weeks

ohimaria

Out(of mind)Grower
looking good Ganoderma :tiphat: , there are many images and for me that I do not understand English as good thing, great thread .. :bow:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I moved the 4 Sour d plants into a larger flower room yesterday at the start of their day cycle on day 19. Today is day 20 for the four plants. I started giving them nutrients mix at the flowering formulas rate for the first 2 weeks

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I finally got plants that are cuts off of the Purple Erkle #1 that I started from seed last year. out of the two females this one is the one that I've thought was the better of the two. She smells way more then her sister did. When I rub the stems, there is a strong smell too. She has shown purple colors on the stem during veg.

There are 5 of the Purple Erkle #1 plants. There is 1 Sour d, she is in the front and in the center.

Start of first night cycle (12/12) Day 1

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
End of Day 3 for the Purple Erkle and Sour d

the Purple Erkles range from 12 inches to 16 inches. The Sour d is still center in the front row. To the left of her the PE is 12 inches. The PE in the back row from left to right are, 15 inches, 16 inches and 16 inches. The one to the right of the Dour d, is 15 inches tall. The Sour d is only 12 inches tall too.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've been playing around with other mediums to clone in, again. My latest round of cuttings, I decided to go back to using a bubble cloner again. But instead of neoprene collars/plugs I took pool noodles and I cut pieces off as needed. I'm able to then have different colors for the different cuttings.

The ones that have sprouted roots I could toss them into one of the aero units right now, but I'm waiting on more of them to root out.

This batch of cuttings I soaked them in a bucket of water for a couple hours after cutting them, then drained the water from them. I dipped each one into a powdered cloning powder that you can pick up at any regular garden store or garden section of a name brand store.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php