What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The ReishiArium

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
One week later, this is what they look like now. I switched out the tap water that the buckets where filled with. I refilled each one with veg nutrients.

It has been a while since I've seen cutting root out like this. The room temperature was a little cold when I cut these. I would have expected these to have been affected a little.

The one on the right

picture.php

picture.php

The one on the right.

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Sour d day 39

These girls have ate like pigs this whole time. I think I could have increased nutes the first 1-3 weeks. Just gave them their first nutrient change out. I upped amount of the boost and the bloom my 10 ml each.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Move the P.E.'s and the one Sour d to another room that is slightly bigger, but same wattage.

The Purple Erkle has an amazing smell. She smells more then her sister did.

Day 32

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I went and pulled out one package of pollen from the freezer and applied some to several branches of one of the Purple Erkles and the Sour d. I only used a small amount of the pollen I had in my paper pouch/envelope.

There was enough pollen left for me to pollinate most of the room if I wanted to. I put the pollen packet back into the freezer to see if the short time out of the freezer and it going back into the freezer would make the pollen not viable.

The pollen is from 2012, I assume its still good (crossing fingers). the pollen was from an f2 Blue Moonshine male. (B5-B)

This is a test to see if the pollen is still viable.

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
It will be interesting to see. If it keeps that long I need to save more. That sour d is looking solid and that buzz will be a treat. Keep up the good growing, pretty flowers!

Itsmychoice

ICMag Donor
Whew, those pics are making my mouth water and my brain jump up and down. I respect that sd fine sir.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
This morning I opened the door to the room the Sour d's are in. I then had to go get some stuff and when I was coming back towards the room, the smell from those plants was insane. An example of how well the carbon filter is working and the pants smell level.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Just looked at the Purple Erkle that I applied pollen to. There appears to be a few calyx's that are looking like they are with seed. Only looks like a few from what I could see.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
These two pictures are of the Purple Urkle that is flowering right now. The third picture is of her sister that I flowered out last year/winter. When the other P.U. dried out, they had really orange hairs and reminded me of cali orange hair type of buds from the 90's. I lost the cutting of the sister plant. There where seeds found in the sister plant.

P.U. 1

picture.php

picture.php

P.U. 2

picture.php

The P.U. 1, the underside of the leaves are turning purple. There has also been a noticeable leaf twist that shows up on some of the leaves here and there.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
the Sour d at day 66. The last picture I zoomed in on a bud on the other side of the room, the branch has some huge bud on it. You can see three seeds in that bud. I did notice a banana a few days before I took these pictures. I've since seen a couple more bananas on a couple of other buds.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
This Purple Urkle pheno, the buds have actually turn purple on the whole plant. There are some area's in the under canopy that did not fully purple up in the buds. I can't recall having grown out any plants that have purpled up like this, the start green and most of the plant starts getting darker and darker. and then it's all purple.

picture.php

Last edited:
hello man, I read your diary all in one go and I have to compliment you very very good .....
I'm taking a cue for my ideas, I wanted to ask you some questions ... best rooted the aeroponic cloner or with the bubbler? of surrender I saw that you made the comparison with the bottle of Coca-Cola, this DIY plant gives you good fruit ? and about the smell how do you act?:tiphat: :biggrin: :peacock:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I just applied Double Dutch f2 pollen to Three of the female Double Dutch f2 plants, #1, 3, 4. I used pollen from males A and B. Used up almost all of the pollen in each packet. The group of females, there are two plants of each female (1, 3, 4). Pollen from A was applied to one female, then pollen from B was applied to the other female. This was done with all the females (1, 3, 4). Will be expecting F3 seeds out of this.

I could see a little pollen drifting up in the air when I worked at opening the packets. When I made all of my pollen packets for the f2 pollen, I didn't tape it the way I've done it before. Thus the bottom corners didn't seal like they should have and a little got out. It's been a while since the last time I made pollen packets.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I started some seeds I made many years ago, I'm calling these seeds Colorado Blue Grass. The Blue Grass is an open pollination back cross of 5 males. All the males where not from the same mother and father, but they where all from the same seed stock (strain). Some are back crossed, and other are a different type of back cross (not sure what to call it, I haven't heard any one a term that may apply)

I started 35 seeds. All of them sprouted.

picture.php

Yesterday they had grown enough to transplant.

picture.php

Most of the tops on them are yellow, with only a few being green.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited: