What's new

The ReishiArium

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Having a few issues in the veg room.

I transplanted a bunch of plants that where in the large aeroponic unit. Most if not all of those didin't get any attention to their roots while they where growing and they formed a "root lock" (root lock is what I call when the roots clump together in a hydroponic system and look like a dread lock in the way they mat together), After spreading the roots out I transplanted plants. I planted 4 male clones into coco and they all did well and are growing with no signs of issues. The others I transplanted into the 2x2 trays. I transplanted one of each of the Double Dutch f2 males. After about 5 days one of the males (in hydroponic tray) leaves started drooping and most of the plants leaves have started drooping and the grow tips still haven't totally drooped, but is still some what alive as it's not dead yet. I don't think it will recover but I've seen some of them recover at some point but not always.

I transplanted 5 of the Double Dutch f2 female cuttings into the bucket lid net pots into the 2x2 trays and two of them have started to droop too.

I have a few idea's on what may have been the issue. I'm thinking I should have let them stay in the aeroponic unit for around 7-9 days to let the roots recover and start growing new roots before planting in the net pots and hydroton. Letting them recover for a longer amount of time may make the transition from an aeroponic environment to a DWC environment.

I'm thinking of setting up the 2x4 tray and setting it up as flood and drain to see if that seams to work better. I'd be using one less air stone then. I'll have to find one of my larger tub to use as a res as I'll need something around 16 gallons.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The males in the flower room are putting on some nice flowers. The Double Dutch f2 male # B, is putting on some nice large male flowers but none have started to open just yet.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Got another room into the flower cycle now. They are getting their first 12 hours of uninterrupted night today. They did get some night time yesterday, but I didn't close the door to the grow room to keep it dark, I still had some work to do in the room and I don't think it will affect the timing for the crop by a day. First day for the room will be at light on this evening. In the room I have two of the HP6DD #4, one HP6DD #3 and one Purple Erkle that is from seed and not a clone.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Pictures of some cuttings that came into my garden several months ago. They are all planted into coco amended with Steer manure, gypsum, and mushroom compost.

Sour D

picture.php

Catpiss Moontang

picture.php

GSB

picture.php

GG4

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
A picture of one of the flower rooms. In the room there are 4 plants, one Purple Erkle #2(from seed), 2 HP6XDD #4 and one HP6XDD#3

The purple Erkle is starting to develop more of a fragrant aroma to her.

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
I've finished collecting pollen (from the Double Dutch f2 males, 1-3) and dividing it up in folded paper pouches.

I will do a 2nd collection in about 4-5 days, which should allow more flowers to open.

After I collected pollen I used a finger or two to collect pollen from Double Dutch male A and B and applied pollen from males A & B to two of the HP6xDD #4's. But I only applied pollen from one male to each of the two #4's, so there is a greater odd of the resulting seeds being from a specific male (or greater percent of resulting offspring from that one male.)

Out of the three Double Dutch f2 males, #3 (male C) has the tightest male flower density out of all the males and the only one that I don't have a cutting from. I'm not sure if I'll be able to attempt to reveg him or not. I wasn't intending to have a male in bloom sticking around longer then another week or two.

9DRAGONS

dense growth there. how do you find that system.

what do you think of the double dutch, good yield? its an old strain now?

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
dense growth there. how do you find that system.

what do you think of the double dutch, good yield? its an old strain now?

Double Dutch is an older strain that has been around for a while. From the seeds I had and grew out I only got one female, so my description is of just one female. the female I had grew like a hedge, a plant that grew twice as wide as tall. The bud where large and it was good smoke, so much so that I made seeds from them.

The system is just stuff I've fiddled with over the years. Most of those are just one form of DWC ("bubbler") or another.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The #2 Erkle has an aroma/sent/smell that I don't think I have smelt before. The clone of the #1 Erkle should be ready to flower in about 5 weeks, which will be after the #2 is harvested. Then in about 13 weeks I should be able to start flowering the cuttings from both of the Erkle males. I intend to make f2 seeds with the Erkle 2 males and 2 females. Ideally I'd like to make 4 crosses, 1 x A, 1 x B, 2 x A, 2 x B so that I can have a larger selection of different Lines to work with in selecting the plants to make a next generation of Erkles. And also to see what traits pop up with in the 4 crosses.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Found a couple nanners on the Erkle. She is at about week 5, which gives me 3-4 more weeks with her before she should be ready. Looking at between 8 and 9 weeks for the flowering cycle. Male B, showed some early flowering stress traits when part of him got blocked from the light those portions stated to flower. Haven't noticed and preflowers on any of his cuttings, but they are getting full light right now.

Since these are from seed stock that came out in the early 2000's, its is expected that there will be some that rock a few nanners.

To the issue of using a cutting from this one to make seeds, if I seed out the female between week 3 and 5 it should be seeded enough that there isn't any likely hood of any of the resulting beans being a selfed seed.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Pictures from the seed/pollen flower room all seeded by the Double Dutch F2 males, A, B, and C.

Seeded plants, fully seeded

HP6 x DD #4 plant B

picture.php

HP6 x DD #4 plant A

picture.php

HP6 x DD #3

picture.php

Double Dutch F2's with F3's on board

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
List of beans made from this round

Double Dutch F2 # 6 x Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C

Double Dutch F2 # 7 x Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C

Double Dutch F2 # 8 x Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C

HP6xDoubleDutch #3 X Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C

HP6xDoubleDutch #4 X Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C -Plant 1
HP6xDoubleDutch #4 X Double Dutch F2 A, B, and C -Plant 2

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Purple Erkle #2 at 6 weeks, her top fan leaves have started to purple. I noticed the purple coloring change yesterday.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Just finished moving the Double Dutch F2's from the veg area to a flower room. I went and sprayed each one with cold soapy water, fallowed by the 5-1 veg oil and neem oil, plus dish soap. Had to let the plants dry before moving them due to the light being on. Each plant is set up in it's own 5 gallon bucket with an air stone

The DD f2's cutting that I moved where, 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5. There are two of the 3's and two of the 4's.

I'm looking at around 9 weeks with these plants, since I haven't flowered out any cutting from these to harvest yet.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
The Purple Erkle #2, is smelling of a ripe sour kind of fruit like smell. Her hairs/buds kind of remind me of some of the bud I was seeing and getting every once in awhile (back in the day). I was planning on taking her to 9 weeks, but the way she looks now I'm thinking she'll be ready between 8-9 weeks and 9 weeks may be pushing it.

I think I mentioned some of the leaves started to purple up. Now the tips of some of tips of the buds are starting to get a slight bit of purple on some of the very top buds where the leaves have already started to purple.

Latest posts

Latest posts