What's new

The Recipe with CES and Liquid Kool Bloom!

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
hahaha mybad I know I just figure if my dumb stoner ass can figure it all out it should be simple enough for most haha

bodhiseeds

Veteran
thundurkle: how are you like the recipe with ces.....

im still racking my brain if i wanna do gh hard water or ces in my coco experiment, i would rather go with ces but gh has the low calcium formula. maybe ces in veg and gh in bloom with organic additives. im wanna see how the plants look compared to my usual organic runs.:)

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
To be honest I LOVE CES!! I've started to used their new organic additives and I can see difference especially in root growth on my clones. So far I've gotten my BEST looking and tasting buds in my CFL cab with the CES line and the a modified Head/Rez Formula which I'm sure you've seen this pic but peep the difference!
picture.php

It's your strain which I am damn near positive is Double Purple Blowfish after researching both parents it's a perfect blend of the two :dance013: But yea the bud on the left is 8 weeks under HID with Pure Blend Pro, Kool Bloom and Floralicious+ and the bud on the right is CES with the Head formula when I first tried it out and it's only at 7 weeks! Look how much more swollen the calyxes are :tiphat: Chunky and way more fatter than the other nute mix. I'm sure it's because CES cuz I have better results with everything so far in the cab and the ladies in the tent love it!! I had a mag problem with my LB#5s and I think its cuz the were right under the light working the hardest? But other than that here's my DPBF's and a lil LB#5 in the middle at 30 days
picture.php

30 days of flowering
Left: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6
Middle: LB#5
Right: Double Purple Blowfish aka LB#6

This is what Joel over at CES said when I asked if I could use the organic additives with the regular line..
"Yes, you can use the organics in conjunction with the 6-part conventional line. The one thing I would say about the Solar Gaia is that you should use it sparingly for plants that you know are prone to stretching. Fulvic Acid (which is a part of SG), has a tendency to "stretch" plants, so I would not alwyas suggest using it in flower (unless you have high/no ceilings). Use the G-Rex during transplant, 1-2oz bottle per 4-5 gallons of water, or in the rez 2-4 oz per 50 gallons. Sugaree should be used in the last 3-4 weeks at 5 mils/gallon."

Here's what I asked about GREX and what he said...
"I was curious what you would compare the
> GREX to of other companies is it like Humboldt Roots or the H&G shit ect???
> I can tell my seedlings have improved in health over night with the GREX
> and SOLAR GAIA!! Just trying to get an idea of what products those compare
> to.. Thanks for all your help again the girls are RIDICULOUS!!"

And his reply..
"I honestly wouldn't compare G-Rex to anything else out there. There are other fungal inoculants on the market, but they are dehydrated re-labeled products. Our biological products are propogated in our labratory by a ph. d mycologist, so we know that our strains are fresh, natural, and isolated. H&G roots excelurator is essentially a rooting hormone like dip n' grow with some vitamin B1. "

Since I started using the GREX on my cuttings I have WAY better roots! I get feeder roots branching off of the roots sticking out of the cubes which I never had before!

bodhiseeds

Veteran
have you used the uncle johns blend with your routine, or does that throw the lucas/rez formula off to much?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I have been using it and no it doesn't throw it off by much if you use it at 5ml a gal.. Hey What Blowfish did you have? Was it outta the pack 3LBs got or the other? I just read about how special that strain was...

bodhiseeds

Veteran
i would love to see you do the rezipe ces and the ces chart side by side...

the ces chart uses 5 micro, 15 bloom in flower...

and the modified ces rezipe uses 5 micro 10 bloom...

thats a big difference in bloom, but im thinking the koolbloom powder sets things straight in a way....

what are the benefits of the rezipe over the chart?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
i would love to see you do the rezipe ces and the ces chart side by side...

the ces chart uses 5 micro, 15 bloom in flower...

and the modified ces rezipe uses 5 micro 10 bloom...

thats a big difference in bloom, but im thinking the koolbloom powder sets things straight in a way....

what are the benefits of the rezipe over the chart?

15ml of Bloom burned my girls in week 3! Also the veg mix on the chart doesn't work as well IMO and another user at the BAY

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
I love being quoted from 3 years ago!
what were you quoted on?
I have decided to make a thread Listing the actual fertilizer amounts in common plant food formulas.

Often the bottles list X/Gal will yield Y ppm. This is very inaccurate, because of the different scales associated with ppm. I have seen plenty of people get burned (and burn there plants) using the bottle listed ppm.

So how do I know which scale the manufacturer is using?

I don't, so lets forget that part of the bottle.

Let us also forget about Vegging at xxxxppm and flowering at xxxx ppm. Some products do not register on a ppm meter and some register higher than the listed NPK (for example, Liquid Karma raises the ppm a lot, compared to the actual amount of fertilizer/Food in contains. Most of the reading is from the 'Non-Plant Food Ingredients' Humic Acid, Aloe Vera, etc). So saying i want to flower at 1500ppm is sort of rediculous, because Cal-Mag+ and Liquid Karma, will add a lot more to your ppm without adding much to your 'feeding' program.

So instead of that, I will look else where and shoot for Lucas/pH's Formula
N100 P100 K200 Mg60

I will focus on the liquid weight of the product (ml/g), the Guaranteed Analysis, and the listed application rate, to derive the true NPK of the fertilizer. All three are normally listed on the bottle, and there is a handy little calculator for just this task.
http://www.angelfire.com/cantina/fourtwenty/articles/profiles.htm
Now I can easily see what the real profiles of my nutrients.

Once again, just to reiterate, an N 50 P 25 K 25, is a TRUE ppm of 100, but a 100 ppm reading will not equal N 50 P 25 K 25 (or some other combo equaling 100). Not all elements will register on a meter. SO IT IS A MUST TO UNDERSTAND YOUR NUTRIENT BOTTLES.

Here I will list the Product Name, its' listed NPK (some formulas change {The AN Overdrive, i just purchased, is the old Formula}), its ml/g weight, and either a 10ml or 5ml per Gal application rate(for easy math).

Pure Blend Pro Grow
3-1.5-4

1.0625 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 84
P 18
K 93
Mg 14
Ca 28
Fe 0

Pure Blend Pro Bloom Hydro
2.5-2-5

1.0625 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 70
P 24
K 116
Mg 14
Ca 28
Fe 0

Pure Blend Pro Bloom Soil
1.5-4-5

1.0625 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 42
P 49
K 116
Mg 14
Ca 28

Botanicare Hydroplex
.5-4-10

1.1966 grams/ml
@5ml/Gal
N 8
P 28
K 131
Mg 8
Ca 0
Fe 0
S 8

Botanicare Liquid Karma
.1-.1-.5

.98958 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 3
P 1
K 11
Mg 0
Ca 0
Fe 0

Botanicare Sweet
0-0-0

1.065 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 0
P 0
K 0
Mg 42
Ca 0
Fe 1.68
S 56

Botanicare Cal Mag Plus
2-0-0

1.0208 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 54
P 0
K 0
Mg 32
Ca 86
Fe 2.7

Millennium Cal Mag Max
0-0-0

1.12632 grams/ml
@5ml/Gal
N 0
P 0
K 0
Mg 15
Ca 60
Fe 0.744
Mo 0.045
Cu 0.045

Millennium HyPhos
1.8-7.5-1.8

1.0642grams/ml
@5ml/Gal
N 25
P 46
K 21
Mg 0
Ca 0
Fe 1.40
Mn 0.28

AN Overdrive Older Version, and i had to weigh the liquid myself, since the weight is not listed
1-3-4
1.162 grams/ml
@10ml/Gal
N 31
P 40
K 102
The ingredients list Magnesium Phosphate and Magniesium Sulfate, so there is defiently some Mg and S in this mix, but its not listed, and as another side note, no Ca listed anywhere.

Don't throw out your ppm meter, you can still track the ppm(or preferable the EC, now that you know the differece) up or down, just worry more about the day to day, up or down change, and less about a specific number.

If you have any questions, i can answer

bodhiseeds

Veteran
any ideas on what would be the amount needed of botanicare cal mag to get the closest to the lucas/rezipe formula with CES, dropping thier mag amp and plant amp, would the extra N of the botanicare level things out or throw it off too much.
thanks calculator wizards.....

bodhiseeds

Veteran
the plant amp is dropping my ph to 3.5, which makes me a little nervous even though they say its the way it works..... it would be nice to sub it with botanicare instead, get that little bit of N too, but with my luck it will throw the ratio off.

im having fun seeing how the chem coco experiment stacks up to my organic soil grows... loving everyones crazy coco schedules too, and im learning alot about basic horticultural chemistry to boot :tiphat:

teas and guanos to calculators and ratios....

thanks for the thread.....:wave:

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
No sweat thanks for making Double Purple Blowfish! Gotta get it under your nose to be sure but I'm 90% positive that's what it is after I saw a Blowfish plant of Jojo's..

As for the Plant Amp I have dropped it as well since I found I had plenty of Cal in my tap water. Now the Mag Amped I wouldn't get rid of cuz Big Mike from AN put out this new PH Manifesto report that is quite interesting. He said there are no companies with a Chelated Magnesium supplement and why people have issues ect which I found to be funny looking at CES Mag Amped is a Chelated Mag supplement! Plus is doesn't drop the PH AND if you DON'T need the Cal or extra N it's a lifesaver I like it seperate the more I read and learn. Also just get Organicare Calplex and Huvega and you can do the same and Huvega doesn't mess with the Sulfur like Mag Amped. But yea I noticed my Mag problems was from the excess Cal from Plant Amp and have dropped it and I am having no problems.

As for which profile you want to be closer to is up to you so if you want to have it like Rez just run 6/10 with 2.5ml Calplex and if you want it like Head 6/10 2.5ml Calplex 5ml Mag Amped or Huvega

Or you can be like me and just drop the Plant Amp cause I'm guessing your tap water has plenty of Cal in it as well... Also in that PH Manifesto from AN it had some important shit about Well Water that made me think of you so you might want to check it out I think it's some valuable info he gave out to the community..

ShroomDr

CartoonHead
Veteran
It should be noted that most 'sugar' products also contain Mg (and S). So if your water has enough Ca, and your late enough in flower to not need added N, FloraNectar, Sweet, Sugar Daddy, all contain epsom salts (MgSO4; etc)

Also to be noted, we are generally shooting for a 8:4:1 or 4:2:1 of K:Ca:Mg. Most Cal Mags are close to 3:1 Ca:Mg, which is a good ratio. But dont start going overboard with 'Sugar' products. (From what ive seen a 4:5 Ca:Mg is as far as i would push the Mg)

Latest posts

Latest posts