What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The RDWC project.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Personally I am not a big fan of the thinning techniques.
It would be interesting to try a side by side.
I generally do a few plucks in the first 30 days (taking off the bigger fan leaves and purpled stemmed leaves, so that the younger leaves that start as Florals can develop into fan leaves)
Then in the final week or two I will pluck those leaves blocking budsites.

Good luck.

Neo 420

Veteran
Personally I am not a big fan of the thinning techniques.
It would be interesting to try a side by side.
I generally do a few plucks in the first 30 days (taking off the bigger fan leaves and purpled stemmed leaves, so that the younger leaves that start as Florals can develop into fan leaves)
Then in the final week or two I will pluck those leaves blocking budsites.

Good luck.

Have you seen this defoliation thread?

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=174163

SumDumGuy

"easy growing type"
Veteran
Everything is running excellent. Just gave them a trim a day ago.

Day 14

PH and PPM have been steadily the same for the last 7 days.

ph 5.70 - 5.92 PPM 798 - 886

If everything is perfect now why would I change water every 2-3 weeks?

GWE I love your plants bro... The crystal formation on the early buds gives a very accurate description on what is yet to come.. Or should I say has already arrived :sasmokin: Much Respect brother..

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran

Some defoliation is needed, depending on the strain. I just have seen some people take it too far and have it screw their grow.

Just be careful is all I am saying. What works for one person/strain may not work for another.

I have some strains that need no defoliation at all because they produce only enough fan leaves to feed the buds, no more.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
those look great man, nice job so far.... Did you see the pic I sent? Not the greatest shot, but it was the best of the bunch.

Have you started anything new lately? My vote is for the Lifesaver soon!! I've been reading about a lemon pheno of lifesaver that is supposed to be amazing. I hope you can find that pheno.... I just started two Sour Bubbles the other day.

greenwithenvy

Veteran
those look great man, nice job so far.... Did you see the pic I sent? Not the greatest shot, but it was the best of the bunch.

Have you started anything new lately? My vote is for the Lifesaver soon!! I've been reading about a lemon pheno of lifesaver that is supposed to be amazing. I hope you can find that pheno.... I just started two Sour Bubbles the other day.

Yea i saw the pic, It looks good. What makes the leaves look like there glossy? Ive given up on the diy cloner ive got a smaller mock up version of the RDWC im making for the veg room. The lifesaver is what i plan on putting in next. The PPPs are in a large soil pot outside. I hope they make it. Good luck on the sour bubbles.

Weird Jimmy

Licensed Patient/Caregiver & All-Around Cool Ass B
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did you ever try and clone anything in that cloner? or did you just start seeds in it?

greenwithenvy

Veteran
did you ever try and clone anything in that cloner? or did you just start seeds in it?

The BL's and the one Ice were clones. I personally have never tried cloning anything yet but I will. I really wanna make another rdwc for veg only. Ive already got the buckets and hoses and pump. I would say now that ive gotten root/stem rot that you really need to start all over in something like that. Ill have something up and running in no time.

Latest posts

Latest posts