What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

"The Pure" 250W soilgrow from seed.

TheBEAK

magoo said:
Careful about overwatering, they are young and do not need a lot of water. When you transplant again, be sure that the medium is very airy as cannabis does not like compacted soils.

Good luck-

Magoo

Thx for stopping by:)
I'm always carefull when it comes to overwatering, but maybe I will transplant into a more airy soil next time.

GoneGrowing

Hey TheBeak, sorry to say it, but damn they be looking awful, naaah just kidding, they be looking good, very good indeed except from their bit of droopyness, but guess thats mainly due to your heat issues, other than that it seems your off to a good start, I'm gonna keep an eye out for this one as the pure seems be a nice piece of plant I might grow out sometime soon, so good luck to ya!! :rasta:

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
I'll have to agree with the others.
Need to aerate that soil a bit. Perlite always does the trick :yes:
They look a tad overwatered, but that is easily fixed.
They could probably take a feeding too.

Pots, cleanliness, lighting, and venting are all perfect though. It appears you've created an ideal environment.
Keep up the hard work and your efforts will pay off :ying:

TheBEAK

Day 11

They're starting to loose their droopyness:)
I only watered them when I repotted, and I'll give them a few more days before considering watering them.
Oh BTW the single NL, is in the brown pot now.

Just thought I'd snap a pic of my soil aswell

I'll start LST'ing tomorrow or the day after.

I'm glad so many people are commenting, really makes me wanna do it right:)
If I dont mention you, it's not because I dont value your input, because I do.

clowntown

Veteran
Looking much better. :yes:

You might want to feed them a little stronger nutes next time; they could be a bit greener. If/when you re-pot, make sure to mix plenty of perlite into the new soil mix.

Other than that, looks like you're on your way to a nice grow.

G

Great looking Grow!!! Good that you quit drowning them, take a pair of scissors and snip off the bad part of that leaf it could be contagious. I’ll be watching this one I love your genetics Great choice. TAGGED

TheBEAK

Georgia Green said:
Great looking Grow!!! Good that you quit drowning them, take a pair of scissors and snip off the bad part of that leaf it could be contagious. I’ll be watching this one I love your genetics Great choice. TAGGED

I've just snipped:)

@Clowntown
I've actually not used any nutes yet. Just repotted into fresh soil, so they should be able to get their nutes from there. But I'll keep an eye out for further "lightning".

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Tagged :lurk:
Looking good, sticking around for this show.
Good luck

Stay safe and high.
.........HYDRO.........

blackone

Veteran
Yeah be careful with nutes for seedlings - if you're using a typical potting soil (not seedling soil) then you should be able to grow them for 3 weeks before adding nutes - earlier with seedling soil of course.
Your plants are looking really good - the progress in 2 days is remarkable.

Last edited:

TheBEAK

blackone said:
Yeah be careful with nutes for seedlings - if you're using a typical potting soil (not seedling soil) then you should be able to grow them for 3 weeks before adding nutes - earlier with seedling soil of course.
Your plants are looking really good - the progress in 2 days is remarkable.

I am using a typical potting soil, and I'm trying to see for how long I can keep repotting into fresh soil, instead of adding nutes.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, I changed the lights to 20/4 to help with the heat.
They'll stay like that until I'll flower them.

Last edited:

TheBEAK

Day 13: First LST day!

I started LST'ing today, using some thick round metal wire, for plant use.

I also gave each plant 250ml of water @ ph 6,5 and EC 0,7.

G

Looks nice, plants look healthy and happy in their environment. Good job!!!

looking good man. that NL is takin off! And definitely think about using perlite+vermic when next repotting. you'll be amazed at the difference in the growth rate.

TheBEAK

Day 16

They are looking much more green and healthy these days:)

Plenty of growth, and they are scheduled for another LST-session tomorrow.
They got another 250ml of water each today @ ph 6,5.
Thx for the kind words everyone. Let's just hope I can keep them happy.

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
they look great Beak...aside from the soil, u seem to be doin evrything correct...keep it up, and I like the lst, looks like u got some good strong babies!!!Peace bro

- Z

TheBEAK

DAY 17 - 2nd LST-session

I think I'll repot them sometime during the next week or so, into 6,5L pots.
I'll throw in some perlite as suggested by many of you.
Still no nutes, just getting what it needs from the soil.

TheBEAK

I've noticed my plants look a bit more pale on the pics than in real life, so I thought I'd snap some shots without the MH on.

Nice dark colour

They are very easy to train, and very uniform.
Look at that even canopy:)

I'll repot them this weekend, and I have ordered some perlite.
I'll prob switch to 12/12 sometime next week.

G

Now is probably a good time to start feeding with ¼ strength of high nitrogen plant food. What are your plans are you gonna wait for deficiencies or add feed to the soil when you repot?