What's new

"The Pure" 250W soilgrow from seed.

F

FishHead

Congrats!

Congrats!

Congrats! ResinQueen and I eagerly await a smoke report.

Fish

F

FishHead

POTM

POTM

POTM Nominated- Congrats again on a job well done.
2591622_apr_2008_016.jpg

TheBEAK

Hello everyone :wave:

First off:
Thank you Fish for nominating my pic for PoTM. A great honour indeed:)

And thanks to everyone for comming in, and throwing all those praises. It warms a humble growers heart guys :redface:

Tried getting some more shots today, but DAMN they're sticky!
I'm afraid to rub too much goodness off them, so I'll get some nice groupshots when they've dried a bit more.

The drying rack TML16 commented on, actually only cost about 3$. Made for childrens toys i think. I really had to find all kinds of different things to dry them on, because I got more than I expected.

I smoked some scissor hash yesterday, by mixing it in joint with some Sadhu from my last grow. It gave a real nice buzz, but I can't really base anything on it, because I mixed it. But it sure was different from the usual Sadhu joints I smoke. Much more of a complete buzzing in the entire body. I smoked it like an hour before I went to bed, so I slept like a baby:)

After the buds have dried, I'll start on the smokereports.
I'll happily grow anyone of the 5 clones, as they alle yielded great. Prob an avarage of 28-30 grams or about an ounce each. The biggest yielded what looks to end up being 35 grams.

I'll be drying the buds for 7-10 days, and then they'll go in the jars, for a nice long cure.

I managed to pull out a few buds for a little photoshoot.

I'll write some more soon, about the lessons I've learned for the next run with my clones, aswell as write the accurate nutes dosages and such. Thought it would be nice in case there's anybody out there wanting to grow some "The Pure"?

F

FishHead

More great shots there. Yes, more info will be helpful. "The Pure" is on our to order list. You have opened my eyes to Flying Dutchman genetics.

Fish

TheBEAK

FishHead said:
More great shots there. Yes, more info will be helpful. "The Pure" is on our to order list. You have opened my eyes to Flying Dutchman genetics.

Fish

Thx FishHead :wave:

I'll just do a writeup of the repotting, nutes and stuff. Sorry my measurements are sometimes in Gallons, and sometimes in Liters. I've noted when it's which.
The reason it's kind of "overdetailed", is just so I can use it for refference when I start up my clones again.

They had 26 days of vegetative growth, and 62 days in bloom.

Repots

Vegetative growth period
- Started them in small cups
- Repotted them into 2,2 L square pots @ day 9.
- Repotted them into 6,5 L square pots @ day 22.

Flowering period
- Repotted them into 11 L square pots @ day 21.(Final container)

LST

Started training them @ day 13 in veg, and continued until about two weeks into flowering. Only heavy LST'ing in the first two weeks or so.

Nutes

Vegetative growth period
- Day 20: 1/4 ml BioGrow pr. L
- Day 24: A dosage of Epsom salt(1 tsp/Gallon)
- Day 26: 1 ml BioGrow pr. L

Flowering period
- Day 6: 3/4 ml BioGrow pr. L + 2,5 ml TopMax pr. L
- Day 12: 1/2 ml BioBloom pr. L + 2,5 ml TopMax pr. L(last TopMax feeding)
- Day 14: 1 tsp Molasses pr. Gallon(Molasses every other watering from now on.
- Day 17: 1/2 ml BioBloom pr. L
- Day 40: Around 1/2 ml BioBloom pr. L
- Molasses every watering from day 40 until chop @ 1 tsp/Gallon(I aded another 50% in the last 2-3 waterings).

That's about it I guess.
Oh yeah I ran all the water given to the plants through a Brita style filter, and always let it sit for at least 12 hours.

I'll post some pics of the drying buds, so anybody who's interested, can see how the drying is going.

Last edited:

GoneGrowing

Hey TheBEAK! I just had to drop a line here too, that harvest looks to have been hard, hard stickynessz everywhere, sweeeet, you did an awsome job man and you went way over your own yield expectations, that gotta feel gooood! looking forward seeing some finished dried buds and hearing about the smoke :rasta:

doja420

Man thats an awesome harvest. Thanks for posting that info too, that'll be a good guide for me to go by :wink:

TheBEAK

GoneGrowing said:
Hey TheBEAK! I just had to drop a line here too, that harvest looks to have been hard, hard stickynessz everywhere, sweeeet, you did an awsome job man and you went way over your own yield expectations, that gotta feel gooood! looking forward seeing some finished dried buds and hearing about the smoke :rasta:

Thx for the compliments :wave:
Yeah it was super sticky man. I still cant touch them without having to wash my hands. Looks promising :rasta:
I will def be sampling them in the next few days, and I'll be sure to post a smokereport.

doja420 said:
Man thats an awesome harvest. Thanks for posting that info too, that'll be a good guide for me to go by :wink:

You're welcome doja :wave:
One of the things I'll do different next time, is repotting them to their final container maybe a week or two earlier. They had almost filled the pot with roots, but not quite.

On with the post:

Curing has started

I've noticed they dried faster than my Sadhu harvest did, and the small/medium buds are very dry. I've put them with the large buds in jars/zip-lock bags to sweat a little, to get a more even dryness. The buds that are in zip-lock bags, will be put in jars after I buy more jars tomorrow.

As promised I've snapped a shot of the entire harvest. There's also a few misc shots as usual;)

Thx to everyone for comming by :wave:

THoC

Nice to see the bountiful harvest bro! And thanks for including ur detailed notes!! Fingers still sticking to the keypads?
:)

TheBEAK

THoC said:
Nice to see the bountiful harvest bro! And thanks for including ur detailed notes!! Fingers still sticking to the keypads?
:)

It took a few trips to the sink, but they're clean now;)

TML16

Snow Grower ~OGA~
Veteran
Looks like you did right for yourself...Congrats! :yes:

All looks super nice, well deserved grow :D

TheBEAK

TML16 said:
Looks like you did right for yourself...Congrats! :yes:

All looks super nice, well deserved grow :D

Thx man, great to have you here:wave:

Initial take on the smoke

That's right
I've just smoked the first joint of the lovely homemade Pure's :rasta:

I'm used to smoking Sadhu's, and it took me by a surprise, that the Pure is so sativa/headdy compared to that. I kinda forgot about. I was watching the Snooker World Championship without sound, and Frank Zappa's Over-nite Sensation blasting in my ears. Snooker is now the most interesting sport in the world.

I smoked my #3 btw.

This one

But yeah I really expected it to be more Indica, from that nice Afghan look, but I must say it's a nice surprise.
It kind of like turning on the happy ganja switch :smoker:
Not much in the legs, but i had a weird accurance take place. I found myself dancing in front of the mirror to "Rapper's Delight". :laughing:

I'm not ready the grade it yet, and more importantly...

I must get some cake:)

Last edited:

THoC

Rappers delight AND Frank Zappa!!? LOL

Congrats on finally tasting the fruits of ur labors bro. Which is the Crux of the Biscuit.

peace

hazy

Veteran
nice work TheBeak. I thought those buds of the Pure would be heavy. They look really solid.
Thanks for showing us, and for a very informative thread.

Latest posts

Latest posts