What's new

~ThE pRoMiX tHrEaD~

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Does anyone else have experience with bluemats in promix?

Be interested in hearing someone experience with them.

Bwanabud have the super deluxe version - I like the concept of bluemats
But I would like to hear a bit more about them.

yeah, they work

Hey born loser,
What do you run your ph at ?
I was running at 5.8-6.0. But found when I ran it at 6.2-6.4
It helpful keep the ph right around 6.0-6.2 the whole run, when is usually starts to drop in week 5. Promix has a tendency to become more acidic as it break down.

I keep it around 6.2. Seems to be good for me. And just tap water... I think it's about 90ppm

Phases

Yea I run tap water as well. It's about 100ppm. I have bluelab ec/ppm meter and it starts at .2ec/100 ppm. - so I am guessing it's around 100. If you text RO water with that meter it does not flash at all which I would guess means it's less than 100ppm

Anyways. Yeah 6.2 ph seems to be perfect for promix.

Weird, yeah I have been hearing a lot of good things about the bluemats - the guy at my grow shop recommended against them, so I decided not to get any, however since then I've heard a lot of good things about them.

Phases

Does anyone else run bluemats in ProMix or a peat based medium?

I am thinking about getting them for just one or two tables to test out, see how it goes.

LostTribe

Premium user
Bout to be gettin back to my roots with a run of promix , castings, perlite.....

heres my old recipe but might tweeker a bit as I have some pure sativa's that I dont want getting high N!

1 bale promix
2 bags black gold EWC
good amount of perlite roughly 10-15% total mix

then I add the following
2 cups dolomite lime for ph
2 cups blood meal
2 cups bone meal
2 cups mexican or peruvian guanos
2 cups Indonesian bat guano

Pretty much all then water with straight tap for duration.....sometimes I top dress if I see problems. Also water with pbp grow and bloom 2x per week plain water the rest of the time. Considering running my new grimm cinderella in this too but not sure yet....

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
close to LC's mix

I finalized on a mix of 3.1.1 promix.perilite.ewc & compost .5 of each. more than 10% ewc and the benefit is lost to law of declining returns based on information MM supplied somewhere (perhaps his web site) so if your not using compost no reason to go more than .5. I recycle no til in this mix as well.

I would add kelp and crab meals instead of guano.

if you want to get close to a coot/gas type mix you can use equal parts gypsum/oyster shell powder instead of lime and swap out blood and bone for fish meal and fish bone meal.

smells like fish until the micro biology gets it under control, em-1 is your friend in this regard.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Does anyone else run bluemats in ProMix or a peat based medium?

I am thinking about getting them for just one or two tables to test out, see how it goes.

There is a blumat thread with many posts from many users with testimonials.

I use them and they work well for me. I grow organic water only no-til so they are a good fit for my scenario.

They took some time to adjust. You need to set them and observe the medium over a few days and see if it is properly saturated.

They take a bit of time to tune in properly and require maintenance. Not to dissuade anyone from using them, they work great and give me freedom from the garden. I required some time to dial them in properly and get a good grasp for how to use them. Maybe 10 - 14 days of futzing.

LostTribe

Premium user
close to LC's mix

I finalized on a mix of 3.1.1 promix.perilite.ewc & compost .5 of each. more than 10% ewc and the benefit is lost to law of declining returns based on information MM supplied somewhere (perhaps his web site) so if your not using compost no reason to go more than .5. I recycle no til in this mix as well.

I would add kelp and crab meals instead of guano.

if you want to get close to a coot/gas type mix you can use equal parts gypsum/oyster shell powder instead of lime and swap out blood and bone for fish meal and fish bone meal.

smells like fish until the micro biology gets it under control, em-1 is your friend in this regard.

Haven't seen any kelp or crab meal around as I am sorta land locked....I do use liquid karma so that will be added from time to time unless I happen upon some maxi bloom that stuff rocks I used to use a ton of that with Earth Juice too....that stuff got expensive so I mostly stuck with guanos although my yields were terrible the pot was fantastic and super tasty! I will be ferting atleast once a week in addition to the amendments. Probably pbp as I have that on hand. LK, silica blast and probably some hydroplex towards the end.

This is how I used to run everything when I started and I always had the greatest tasting stuff my crew would say. My Mentor really craved all my samples so much that he switched some of his routine.

bgandgrow

Hi everyone I'm new to growing and this is my 2nd grow using pro-mix Hp. It starts off great but once I get around the 4th week in veg my plants turn to shit. I'm feeding low dose nutes at 5.8-6.0ph using Roots Organic 5ml schedule...here's some pics

I'm completely at loss here...

Bmac1

Veteran
They are crying for some calmag. Mg at the very least. Epsom salts if you got it.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Your pH has crashed causing Mg lockout. 5.8 is way too low with promix you should be watering at 6.7 pH.

You need to correct the pH to save the crop. Water through (flush) with pH 8.6 1000 ppm water until the runoff exceeds 7.5. That might take multiple flushes.

bgandgrow

They are crying for some calmag. Mg at the very least. Epsom salts if you got it.

I thought it might have been a pH lock out so I started flushing. The new growth on the top of the plant was almost white and new shoots on the older braches were the same way. It's only gotten worse... I'm using elemental from roots organic for calmag, think I should give em a whole tsp or half that?

bgandgrow

Your pH has crashed causing Mg lockout. 5.8 is way too low with promix you should be watering at 6.7 pH.

You need to correct the pH to save the crop. Water through (flush) with pH 8.6 1000 ppm water until the runoff exceeds 7.5. That might take multiple flushes.

Ok I'll do that hopefully it helps because I've tried nearly everything. People say ProMix is soilless so treat it like hydro...ill take your advice. 1000ppm meaning a heavy feeding with a good amount of run off(flush) correct?

Phases

Do you know what your ph runoff is? What about your Ppm/ec runoff. It definitely sounds like a lockout. Best of luck. Hope you can turn things around. It does take a bit of time for things to start turning around when using promix.

bgandgrow

Do you know what your ph runoff is? What about your Ppm/ec runoff. It definitely sounds like a lockout. Best of luck. Hope you can turn things around. It does take a bit of time for things to start turning around when using promix.

I'm flushing tonight so I'll find out, but the other plants that look ok was around 6.5 and 400ppm. Idk if I should be getting decent run off every watering? But I had this same problem last grow...ive spent hours researching with no luck...should I quit top dressing and just liquid feed?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Ideally you should have 10-15% run off every watering with Promix to avoid salt buildup.

Read this painfully long thread where a user goes through the same journey, repeatedly.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=323514

It's really a very common in Promix - in fact someone should write a promix thread alerting newbies because it's a medium that is often suggested to newbies who don't understand the pH cycle that occurs with Promix and synthetic ferts. I jump in on pages 4 and 13, 14, 15 etc,and my suggestion is to read those posts.

Read through, understand what happens when your pH crashes and you lock out Mg. I would hazard a guess that what you are seeing is the same thing this user is facing in the linked thread.

As suggested collect effluent and measure both pH and EC/PPM.

D

Dioni

I run my promix grows 70% promix, 20% perlite, 10% WC. Feedings @ 6.0ph during veg, 6.5ph weeks 2 thru 4 and 6.8ph weeks 4 - 9. Start with r.o. well water before adding nutes and ph up with Dynagrow protect accordingly.

bgandgrow

Thanks for the advice guys I really appreciate it! Here's some pics of plants that are around 2-3 weeks behind the ugly ones this is what they all look like until about a month. Watered these 6.4ph and will keep it around there. I'll keep you updated to see how the older ones progress.

You can see that some type of deficiency is starting to come on..

bgandgrow

Do you think I should water my younger plants at 7.0 and check run off or 6.5? I don't wanna hit em with a 1.0+ ph jump and shock em. They're all relatively green like the one above but have something coming on probably due to my low ph...

bluntmassa

As good as you can do in ProMix, you'll do even better in Coco.

If you want to pay a fortune anyway. What actually makes it better anyway? I've heard it was better just never seen anything concrete to pay 3 + times the price or so. But I get promix from a hardware store only place I seen coco was a hydro store and they want a lot more money for promix and the coco is insane!

I tried to support the local hydro store but fuck them I personally do damn good with promix and Jack's Classic nutrients and I do damn good with promix mixed with organic compost shit and all never actually paid for organics. I keep it cheap and weed don't get much better.

Latest posts

Latest posts