What's new

The Problem with Ultrasonic Foggers

Dankbudd

getting ever so closer to experimenting my very first 3x3 tray... (Getting very excited!!!)

How far apart did you drill out each hole for the 2" net pots?
-My goal is to get 100 net pots in a 3x3 tray...

Thanks for all your help!!!

Oldmac

Hey again Dankbudd,

The closest stem to stem spacing I have found to work well is 4".
BUT it is dependent on strain(s) run and if you intend to use CO2...
then that might be too close.

I've decided to build a small "hobby size" aero/fog deal of abt 2x2 ft. Since it will be in a small cabinet, enviro such as CO2 is easy to do. NEED to run for a minute.

OM

Oldmac

Sorry for the slow responce....a moment at my age sometimes takes a week or so.

what happens when the stems are too close?

The buds don't reach there full size potential.
Just like trees growing outdoors, they go tall and lanky when too close, given enough room they grow bigger.

In SOG like I said 4" stem spacing is min., and works well in aero or dirt and normal air exchange. In the fogfog trays I built we used a checkerboard pattern that gives abt 4 1/4". This is for single cola plants, which means some strains my not work in this spacing. Plants that tend to be bushier (multi-stalks) and have added CO2 will need up to 5" spacing for a short (<18" closer to 14") SOG size plant.

OM
(trying to get the moments to shorten)

Dankbudd

Thats ok!! Your a wealth of information, it pays to wait :)

-On the inlet/outlet side of your pump do you run larger tubing then the 1/4"? Im guessing you need too...

Oldmac

The pump we used we set up for 1/4" tubing, both in and out.
I have since seen advice (from a mfg) that if 3/8" is the smallest inlet/outlet offered then Don't neck it down to 1/4" "near" the pump itself.

I'm going to build a small hobby size fogfog deal, and will use 3/8" inlet/outlet. Then neck it down at "T" connectors (3/8,3/8,1/4) to 1/4" at the bulkhead fittings to the nozzles. I did it this way on the 2nd set of trays I built, works good.
BTW I use a 90 degree elbow at the bulkhead (aimed down) so that the "T" and connecting hoses are lower then the nozzles.

That's it for now...
OM :biggrin:

psyche_

Hey everyone, some incredible information here.. I've lurked for a while, but thought I'd come out to say thanks. Posters like Oldmac and Marlo (plus all you others!) help more people then you can imagine. I'll be around in the background...

purplecats

Hey, oldmac. I gotta say, I made an account on here just to ask ya about your system.
I'd message ya, but I can't figure out how. 0.o
Anyway, I'd love to talk to ya about your system. I'm trying to develop a similiar one.

k-grower

i´m using pond fogger where is no led´s or any lights, i use 2 gallon bucket and fill it whit distilled water which is just add container beside of real nutrient container, i also have drip rings and 30-80 micron misters whit high pressure pump, all in same system.

this is my first time whit this setup and i wonder do i set the ph to proper range in the distilled water bucket where fogger is making fog or does those ph acids transforms to gas form or something as fogged, or do the acid stay and dense in the bucket and harm the fogger disc - if so, i could test that on ph meter but now it is un-calibrated and i´m not afford to buy those liquids until on next month.

Latest posts

Latest posts