What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The PHRESH Filter Club

I

In~Plain~Site

Recently upgraded and went to a Phat/Phresh(I can't tell the difference) and time will tell :)

cjk

got a 6"x24" running on a 6" vortex scrubbing air cooled 600's. worked great so far and i'll be back to share my results when im further into flower.

enter sandman

I have a 4x12 Phresh going in a stealth cab, flowering 4 plants at a time. I've had it for about a year & have had zero odor leaks. Very good filter!

eyes

Veteran
got a 6"x24" running on a 6" vortex scrubbing air cooled 600's. worked great so far and i'll be back to share my results when im further into flower.

Thats when the real test will begin- when your 5 weeks into flower. ive yet to have any filter stop smell 100 percent

Wolverine97

Veteran
Well, I've used Can, Phresh, and Atmosphere's new Pro-Filter over the years. Can filters work the best IMO, but they're heavy and on the expensive side. Phresh just aren't a very good deal because they wear out so fast, but you can get a year out of 'em. I'm very happy overall with Pro-Filter though, after a year you just reverse the flanges and get another year if you're properly sizing your filter to the space and fan.

Quitters

:peek:

Well, I've used Can, Phresh, and Atmosphere's new Pro-Filter over the years. Can filters work the best IMO, but they're heavy and on the expensive side. Phresh just aren't a very good deal because they wear out so fast, but you can get a year out of 'em. I'm very happy overall with Pro-Filter though, after a year you just reverse the flanges and get another year if you're properly sizing your filter to the space and fan.

had just the oposite experience and yes i have em matched up and sometimes even dialed down..

You counldn't give me another Can period !

For me Can always starts letting smell thru aroung the 6 month mark.. Can just doesn't have as good of a quality carbon as Mountain, Rhino, Phresh or Phat etc.

Whats the difference between the different types of carbon?

:scripture: There are 3 types of carbon used for air filtration; Pelletized, Coconut and Granulated.

Pelletized carbon is produced by burning coal and processing it into tiny rods. These are then broken up and distributed through the filter. This method is probable the worst carbon to use in air filtration. The process of creating the pelletized carbon involves the carbon been crushed in to pencil like structures then bonding agents are added to hold the pellet together this collapses the pores structure which in turn makes the carbon less affective as the organic microbes cannot be absorbed by the carbon. Because of the small pores size of the palletized carbon it will only be re activated to about 50% or less which in turn affects the absorption rate. Also pelletized carbon contains a large percentage of ash.

Coconut carbon is produced by burning coconut fibres. This produces carbon with a greater surface area than coal but with much higher ash content and higher moisture levels. Ash is a “dead” material within the carbon and offers no benefit to the user, coconut carbon carries around 20% ash with a 5% moisture level, this high moisture level detracts from the overall adsorption of the filter. This carbon only has about a 12 month life span and is very ineffective.

Most granulated carbon is produced by burning coal but it is left unprocessed this gives you the virgin granulated carbon. This carbon has very low ash content less than 3%. The carbon is almost magnetic to the organic compounds in air odors.

:mopper:

LIFER25

Have u guys heard of elite air products? I just bought a fan and filter combo and the brand is elite air product. Any feedback on this brand?

Latest posts

Latest posts