What's new

The PHRESH Filter Club

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
Phresh filters are very legit and the lighter weight is a nice change of pace.

can filters suck... pellet shaped bits of carbon look like deer turds..
phresh also suck cause they use a lot less carbon in their filters which makes for better flow but shorter life. phresh used to be called fat filters which used more carbon in their filters.... not any more... phresh filters use less carbon and last one year tops. they want to sell more filters so why make em last 2-3 yrs? the best carbon filter on the market now is mountain air which uses a proper amount of the good australian carbon similar to the old fat filters.

Wrong on multiple levels. Nobody should keep a filter for even close to 2-3 years. Filter replacement should be included in your overhead cost calculations. I replaced mine every 6 months regardless of brand because it is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your grow, if not the most important.

People with multiple filters can last longer but the average person with one filter in their room should be replacing it way before the 2 year mark regardless of how good you think they are.

regarding phresh, I'd rather get better flow and less life then worse flow and longer life.

ajc0k

Seems as though this is the only contradicting testimony compared to what others have said.

- What were your room temps/humidity?
- What size of a fan did you use, and what size of filter with that fan?
- What was the cubic ft of your room? Was there adequate air exchange?
- Was everything on the phresh/fan connected properly?

I want to make sure what I'm buying will be able to control smell 110%. I can't afford to have the slightest hint of smell coming from the room.

My air will be exchanged 3-4 times per minute inside my tent, and when the tent is open for 20 minutes a day, the air in the room that holds the tent will be exchanged every minute.

Does anyone else have solid experience with phresh's that can attest to it's performance? Fan/Filter combo's are usually the most important purchase when all is said and done, so any help is appreciated by whoever stumbles across this thread.

Sorry i haven't responded.. let's see here, my room is 11'x'9' about ~600 cu ft. vertical bare bulb stadium .. 2 filters on the end, phresh mounted to ceiling, can-filter on the floor. 8" vortex fans were secured to the filters with gorilla tape, and from the fan i ran insulated duct then to outside, i'd say it was installed correctly, shit i wish it wasn't running correctly so i could fix my issues ;) .. air flow was more than adequate, it was a wind tunnel if you will.. a 2x2' latch under my house brings fresh air in, across the lights, then exhausted.. negative pressure to the max. smell was a huge concern.. i thought filters could eliminate 100% but apparently only to a certain extent via strain selection.. god i regret blowing $300 on these clones, white chem and ecsd.. i wish i could grow some low-odor chem 4, blue dream or bogglegum.. hopefully i'll be free still by the end of my next grow.

forty

Phresh filters are very legit and the lighter weight is a nice change of pace.
Wrong on multiple levels. Nobody should keep a filter for even close to 2-3 years. Filter replacement should be included in your overhead cost calculations. I replaced mine every 6 months regardless of brand because it is one of the most important pieces of equipment in your grow, if not the most important.

People with multiple filters can last longer but the average person with one filter in their room should be replacing it way before the 2 year mark regardless of how good you think they are.

regarding phresh, I'd rather get better flow and less life then worse flow and longer life.

thanks for making my point. they are using less carbon to sell more filters to guys like you.

if you're happy with a 6 month life and are happy with a light filter that flows better (less carbon) than that's fine. to each their own.

milehighmedical: This thread isn't just to hype Phresh filters, but mainly to record unbiased experiences. And to be honest, my Phresh filter was working great. But now that I'm passing through my 3rd week, on to my 4th week of flowering... a very slight, mild smell is surfacing. It was a huge improvement over my old can filter.

But, after fine-tuning my sense of smell for a couple weeks, I'm able to pick up a slight hint of "freshness". This is obviously unacceptable, so I'm looking further into it. I may have to exhaust into a lung room (closet) and treat with o-zone before releasing to the public. I'll have to be completely honest, I'm very disappointed.

sharing unbiased experiences helps everyone.

ajc0k

This thread isn't just to hype Phresh filters, but mainly to record unbiased experiences. And to be honest, my Phresh filter was working great. But now that I'm passing through my 3rd week, on to my 4th week of flowering... a very slight, mild smell is surfacing. It was a huge improvement over my old can filter.
sounds just like my experience. 3rd week on flower till harvest it's effectiveness was just...gone. my parents would stop by my place and be like WTF it smells down the street..

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Well I think the Phresh Filter Club has talked me into replacing my Can filter with a larger Can filter. I am using a Can 33 in a 10x10 room with 6 plants and 1200 watts and it is a little over a year old. After taking a walk around the block today I noticed a funny smell as I got close to my house so I am replacing my Can 33 with a Can 50 tonight. Thanks for all the info on all brands everyone.

SMOKE-ONE

I AM MOVING MY SHOW FROM MY CLOSET TO A LARGER AREA (20ft.X6ft) AND WANT SOME SERIOUS OVERKILL CONCERNING ODOR CONTROL.I PLAN ON GROWING SOME REAL STANKY BUD.(SENSI STAR,CHESSDOG,CHEMMY JONES,MOB BOSS,CHEM D IBL,SOUR D IBL).SO WHATS MY BEST ROUTE? I WAS THINKING,HOOKING UP TWO 12in. PHRESH FILTERS TO A 12in. VORTEX OR ELICIT.CAN THE 2 FILTERS CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS FOR THE FAN?SHOULD I GO WITH 14's INSTEAD OF 12's.IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT SOME SMELL COULD SLIDE BY THE 2 FILTERS?IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO OVERKILL THAN THIS?MONEY IS NOT A ISSUE.JUST SECURITY AND SAFETY.

dunkydunk

I AM MOVING MY SHOW FROM MY CLOSET TO A LARGER AREA (20ft.X6ft) AND WANT SOME SERIOUS OVERKILL CONCERNING ODOR CONTROL.I PLAN ON GROWING SOME REAL STANKY BUD.(SENSI STAR,CHESSDOG,CHEMMY JONES,MOB BOSS,CHEM D IBL,SOUR D IBL).SO WHATS MY BEST ROUTE? I WAS THINKING,HOOKING UP TWO 12in. PHRESH FILTERS TO A 12in. VORTEX OR ELICIT.CAN THE 2 FILTERS CAUSE ANY PROBLEMS FOR THE FAN?SHOULD I GO WITH 14's INSTEAD OF 12's.IS THERE ANY POSSIBILITY THAT SOME SMELL COULD SLIDE BY THE 2 FILTERS?IS THERE A BETTER WAY TO OVERKILL THAN THIS?MONEY IS NOT A ISSUE.JUST SECURITY AND SAFETY.

Learn how to type.

My two Phresh filters punked out pretty quick. One tanked in about 6 months, and the smaller one quit after about three. These were 8" by 42(?) and 29(?) respectively, in 500 and 300 cubic feet rooms. I've switched brands to Phat filters, both 8" x 42"(?), I'll see how long they last. I have a pretty stinky Haze strain, but I have deheuy's to keep the rh around 55.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
This thread isn't just to hype Phresh filters, but mainly to record unbiased experiences. And to be honest, my Phresh filter was working great. But now that I'm passing through my 3rd week, on to my 4th week of flowering... a very slight, mild smell is surfacing. It was a huge improvement over my old can filter.

But, after fine-tuning my sense of smell for a couple weeks, I'm able to pick up a slight hint of "freshness". This is obviously unacceptable, so I'm looking further into it. I may have to exhaust into a lung room (closet) and treat with o-zone before releasing to the public. I'll have to be completely honest, I'm very disappointed.

My first thought is to change my 6x24" filter to a recirculating configuration. Then replace my exhaust with a 10x39" filter/fan combo on a controller. That way it's constantly scrubbing the air, and then exhausting massive amounts of clean/scrubbed air in short bursts to maintain the atmospheric limits. The exhaust might have to even still be treated with o-zone.

I never wanted to have to use the stuff, or use more than one filter at a time. But it's important not to bother the general public with your hobby when you live in a tightly populated area. It's a privilege to grow, and the last thing I want to do is discredit my fellow hobbyist by being disrespectful of my neighbors. People that don't like the herbals hate it when the whole neighborhood reeks of the chron-deezy.

Man, that really sucks about that Phresh crappin' out so quick on you :moon:
My ECOplus has been good, but the price on those PHATs can't be beat.

8"x39" for under 200 shipped...I couldn't say no...I grabbed the last two(2) in stock.

When they go into rotation, I'll give ya' a heads-up :joint:

Kudos for being a responsible grower, friend :ying:

SMOKE-ONE

I'm not really interested in improving my typing skillz,only my growing skills.if i cared anything about typing I would spend all my time on a typing site and not this wonderful site.your jus like my girl,always gotta nitpick about something that i really dont give a F*ck About!!!!!!!!!!!

SMOKE-ONE

MILEHIGHMEDICAL: I could'nt agree with you more,SECURITY is priceless.Its the most important aspect in any and all gardens.But you brought up a very interesting fact.I see alot of people complaining that their filter is'nt working properly,but i havent seen anyone suggest lowering the fan speed to help the filter work more efficiently.I will have to take this into account when i set up my new ventilation system.I will buy the largest filters i can,and turn down the fan so the filter can handle the airflow.I bet that would solve alot of peoples smell issues.

Security is Priceless

bobblehead

Veteran
huh... I've been running a 6x16 phresh filter for going on 5 months now w/o issue... I just had the landlord over for a walk-through too... ;)

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Ahhh yes...a simple fix.Good to hear you got it figured.

In my setup, I need my fans to run full speed for cooling, so I over-looked the speed controller as a solution when I read your post.

So, the Phresh is still kicking?

I later figured out (should of posted this up) that my problem was easily solved with a fan speed controller. It turns out that the filters just aren't rated/designed 100% correctly. They're still a great piece of equipment though. If I run my fans at 60-80% of full speed the smell disappears because the air is moving through the filter slowly enough to be scrubbed effectively.

So, I'm still sticking with Phresh filters, I can't lift those big cans by myself. And even with two people and a high ceiling it can get sketchy. So I just over size my filters/fans now so I can turn them down a bit. Aaand problem solved. The slower you can run your fans, the better they will scrub, in my experience. My new rooms will be using multiple filters/fans in parallel, all turned down as much as possible. Way more effective, although expensive. Security is priceless.