What's new

The PHRESH Filter Club

$

$$DBA Invoice1

I was curious as to how popular replacing only the carbon ,as opposed to the whole unit , but by the looks of this thread .............not very.
I seen carbon sold 16 LBS.@ $51 but I guess that wasn't for the Phresh.
I"m guessing they're not serviceable?
I called a Hydro shop to ask and was told that the Phresh was serviceable............ but the girl sounded very unsure. She also said that it wasn't recommended.

Has anybody ever tried? What was it like?

There's No energy that has continued on that knows what a "Phresh" Is........or I would probably already know. :whistling:

I'm liking what I read about the Phresh filters and I agree that changing filters every 6-12 months is a must, especially with single stage filtration strategies.

I'm currently documenting my build log and am in the designing phase of a NGB style cab with a larger footprint. What kind of fan would anyone experienced with the 6x16 filter recommend for a 25 cubic foot flowering chamber?

I'm thinking a 225 cfm vortex would be a good option along with a speed controller. That along with a redundant smell protection system in the ambient room that the box will be in, such as a vaportek or ONA device, should be enough to keep me comfortably in the dark and sweet smelling. Opinions, anyone?

Attached is a photo showing some of what I am working on for those to opine.

Attachments

• NGB Box (Wood)-V2-001.jpg
    NGB Box (Wood)-V2-001.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 11

Eddyshore

Just scored a Brand New 6x24 off of Craigslist from a guy who never started his room because of landlord issues... He wanted $100 I got him down to $85 which I couldnt pass up. Hooked it up to my 6" hydrofarm with in an hour or two all the smell was gone . Great quality !

calicoli06

Can I join the club? About to hook my 14"X50" PHRESH up! :dance013: Will see if it does as good as the 14" Phat I had.
peace

$

$$DBA Invoice1

People do it, but you just can't get the carbon settled as tightly as an industrial shaker can. And that translates to smell leaks. I would never even consider doing it.

Not to mention 16 lbs of carbon for $51 is not a good deal. My can filter has 50 lbs of carbon in it and cost less than if I were to buy that much carbon at that price. So, definitely forget that.

And don't call the hydro store to ask questions. Those guys are retarded. You might find the occasional employee that knows something, but not enough to bother asking those sorts of questions. My local shop just hired a bunch of cute girls, which you'd think would be cool, BUT THEY DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT ANYTHING! Not even the simplest questions can be asked of them without invoking a confused and disoriented look.

Same Thoughts here.
@ $51/16 LBS................who's gonna do that?
you're right.
The girl I talked to also had no clue of the meaning of the "TL" setting on the ballasts that they sold . but thats another thread.

C

Cheeb

Never used Phresh..

But for those having difficulties hanging heavy filters I recommend using ratchet strap tie downs.

I was able to hang a Can 100 filter by my self and I'm not strong by any means.
What I did was get the straps started (but dont ratchet it yet) and let them hang down like a sling. I was then able to tip the filter into the sling. The straps held the filter up by just having the straps fished through their slot just once - but still allowed me to lift the filter up a bit and pull strap through until taught. I did this back and forth a little at a time until the filter was near the ceiling. At that point - I ratcheted it up the rest of the way as one would normally with a ratchet strap.

Worked great going up - coming down was a little more difficult.
- -

I've been having a hard time reliably getting Can stuff in my local shop. Seems as though the larger ones go fast and my local shop isn't as quick at getting more in due to distributor issues.

Unfortunately local place only can get Can, Phat, and Active Air.

nukklehead

www.airboxfilters.com

Sorry to hijack.. been running these for a while and they do the job. I like it cus it fits up in the joists and the carbon filters are easy (yet expensive) to change. I think the whole system is a little pricey but thats what I pay for convenience. Would like to know if anyone else has tried them:wave:

Quitters

question for the phresh members

question for the phresh members

which would you recommend for use with a Vortex 8" 747cfm fan ?

8" x 24" 750cfm
8" x 39" 950cfm

the vortex will be running at 100% lights on and aprox 80% lights off..

TY

B

B. Self Reliant

Gotta love the Phresh filters. I loved my CAN filters, at least as much as one can love a charcoal filter, but the Phresh filters work better, include a flange & are light enough to hang/move by myself.

I'll never buy anything else as long as I can get these. . .

dunkydunk

My new Phat filters are the same weight and size as my old Phresh filters, I'm just waiting to see how long they last.

www.airboxfilters.com

Sorry to hijack.. been running these for a while and they do the job. I like it cus it fits up in the joists and the carbon filters are easy (yet expensive) to change. I think the whole system is a little pricey but thats what I pay for convenience. Would like to know if anyone else has tried them:wave:

I debated it, when I needed that design, but the cost is ridiculous compared to other filters (at least when I looked at them) and I couldn't find any reliable reviews. In the end, I was going to build a box for my phresh, but ended up going with a room re-design instead, eliminating the need for an inline filter.

nukklehead

I debated it, when I needed that design, but the cost is ridiculous compared to other filters (at least when I looked at them) and I couldn't find any reliable reviews. In the end, I was going to build a box for my phresh, but ended up going with a room re-design instead, eliminating the need for an inline filter.

Understandable bork.. well it does do the job.. will see if the convenience is worth the extra $$... grow on:wave:

C

Cheeb

For some reason those airboxes never caught on..

-

Phresh filters gives CFM ratings on their filters but I didnt see where it specified if it was exhaust cfm or recirculating cfm. Both Can and Phat mention scrubbing cfm vs. extraction cfm.

Should one double their CFM when buying Phresh?

Phat specifies their CFM rating is for srubbing and to divide by 2 for exhaust cfm.

nameless

bowlbreath
Veteran
hey milehigh nice thread you have over here. i use phresh myself (6x24) for about 10 months now and have not had a problem yet. i run about 300 cfm through it, which is lower than what its rated for. was interesting to read about what exactly went on with the name changing and all, i thought they were phat filters but i guess i was wrong. weird that companies can get away with doing that at all, at least its sorted now. i guess.

big ballin 88

Biology over Chemistry
Veteran
I love Phresh filters especially being a tent grower. Hanging a Can filter of equivalent size would be much heavier. So far logged a year on this filter with no odor leaks....

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm looking into putting together a smallish tent grow in the near future, ventilation/odor control is most important part of that planning, without any doubt (I live in an apartment complex, can't get neighbors any closer than that!).

Just found this link, think it might be of interest to this thread, especially with all the posts reporting on running their fans to high in relation to the filters specs.

Here ya go:

http://urbangardenmagazine.com/2009...quirements-for-your-indoor-hydroponic-garden/

Ya know, I haven't even read the article yet (Doh!), but I can't imagine it wouldn't cover all the bases. If not, let me apologize for being a dolt!