What's new

the phish head thread!!

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
It's less than 6 months away. Start training folks.

We will determine a meeting spot one night before the shows. Enjoy a few pre show beers and cones.

I just left a visitation for a guy I've seen 30+ shows with. Opiate overdose. Why do the good check out early?

The family encased all of his phish ticket stubs where you sign in and that really got me. A mixture of joy and pain. We've experienced so much over the almost 20 years. I don't know where to begin when trying to deal with his death. He moved out of the hometown years ago. Ashamed of his addiction. He came home and visited a lot of people, had lunch, really bonded. It was as if he was saying goodbye. Not two weeks later he was dead.

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
Opiates are a scourge running rampant on the phish scene.

PA just passed a law where every heroin OD will be treated as homicide, now if only they extended that premise to pharmaceutical manufactures and prescribed opiates.

budman678

Veteran
We we ready for 2016 or what? Let's do this!

Deer creek and Dicks for me. Excited for a great summer of shows and streams

Mr.Miner

^ Yessir!!!
I just got my phishtickets order in...Countdown (2 weeks Tuesday) to The Mann- I'm going to both, then Portland, MA., Hartford, and then Dicks. Can't wait!

budman678

Veteran
The fucking LEDs are awesome. I fully support them. Ck5 ,now what he is doing as he is the best in the business

This weekend will be telling. See you guys at deer creek

Mr.Miner

Can't wait until Tuesday's Mann show! Anyone that's going and wants to get together beforehand, p.m. me and let's hook it up. Tour Time!

Jbomber79

Veteran
Fluffhead

Fluffhead

picture.php

A little fluffhead from bank genetics last nights show was pretty sweet at least from the couch :)

budman678

Veteran
First night of SPAC was heat. It sounded incredible from my couch.

Trey seems more locked in, fish didn't sound tired and I couldn't be happier they are bring back all the bluegrass tunes. The new song last night #letsgo was the best debut so far, imho

How about you guys

Mr.Miner

^ Agreed on all points. I hope they bring back Blue and Lonesome. I was listening to the hell out of that one this winter.
I was front row in the balcony both nights at the Mann and it was great. Highlights include: Split Open- Oh Kee Pa-Suzy to end the first set, a half-time Llama, a great Reba and Timber...Trey's sound, in particular, sounds nice, bright and punchy. They seemed to have dialed out the farty sound he had going on. And the Mann sounds fantastic to boot.
The band was tight, the song selections were deep and the new lighting made for a new, fresh experience- I thought. Portland next up. Hope all travel safe.

PistilPete

Enjoying the ride
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last night was awesome. New tune was hot. Chalkdust was 20+ min. A first set Bowie. Sand > Carini > Chalk Dust Torture > Prince Caspian > Bug. Taking my daughter to her first show tonight.

budman678

Veteran
Last night firsts set was extremely sloppy. I always laugh at what Mike is thinking when they start up sugar shack. Trey couldn't play that song with a gun to his head. But Murawski kills it every time. I'm sure Mike was pleased