What's new

the phish head thread!!

Dank99

Heard Tweezer... seem to be playing a few songs from pic of nec...still feel the '97 tour was the best...

Have they played Run like an antelope, Yem, or HH yet?

Edit: nvrmnd, they just started H Hood....very nice

Epiphyte

^ go on, get your hate on....personally, I think it is badass when a band can pull off fun/funny songs without practicing them more than once.

G

guest3901

Sure..oh..I got 99 problems but listening to suck ass phish ain't one..
I'd rather stick red hot carrots in my ears then listen to that tripe.
I call

budman678

I come from the land where the oceans freeze
Veteran
Sure..oh..I got 99 problems but listening to suck ass phish ain't one..
I'd rather stick red hot carrots in my ears then listen to that tripe.
I call

one of your problems would be having too much time on your hands, that is for certain. dont post in a thread that is dedicated to a band that others love and are passionate about...

G

guest3901

Hey Guy...I just gave my opinion on some crap video..
You and your good time pals called me out as a troll.
Piss off buddy...is that what the phish scene is about.
Pathetic

TB Gardens

Veteran
Lol who is this guy ^ ?

Literally, you are the definition of a troll so I'm not sure what u are confused about.... Lol, u gave me a nice laugh brotha thanks. But ya, if u need a picture or something drawn for u I can get on ms paint. Fucking idiot.. U make a negative comment in a thread specifically dedicated to a group of people that love this band, lol & u don't think that's trolling :)

Haha I'm not even a phish head, I respect the music forsure cus I'm not a 14 year old boy that needs to draw alliances with certain genres.

:tiphat:

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
first show was http://phish.net/setlists/?d=1996-11-13

16 years old skipping school to head to The Cities. Needless to say Mind was BLOWN.

I don't have an exact count, but I'm past 100 on my way to 150

I also really like the new style, lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg jams take too much time, I'd rather hear 2 15 minute songs compared to a 30 minute jam fest

oh yea

yawningdrone is a great place

http://yawningdrone.com/

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
based on his initial posts stating he has seen them before i think hes a phan who simply does't like JayZ and phish playing together

is it me or is everyone is so amped to get spun they already there lol

Weird

3rd-Eye Jedi
Veteran
been rocking yawning done since 3.0 started awesome site to make up for what you missed

budman678

Veteran
first show was http://phish.net/setlists/?d=1996-11-13

16 years old skipping school to head to The Cities. Needless to say Mind was BLOWN.

I don't have an exact count, but I'm past 100 on my way to 150

I also really like the new style, lllllllllllllllooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg jams take too much time, I'd rather hear 2 15 minute songs compared to a 30 minute jam fest

oh yea

yawningdrone is a great place

http://yawningdrone.com/

i like the concise jams as well, BUT TREY often butchers/aborts potentially beautiful butter jams and or segues.

haha, someone said it earlier in this thread i believe...phish is the best "dad rock" around. i mean, four funky white guys from up up east, layin down the firemost jams.

love this band a lot. have seen them all over the US and in other continents as well. going to be hitting the deer creek and denver shows...would be hitting a lot more but im getting married saturday...

thought you all might like to know this tasty nugget, bride is walking down the aisle to a reworked grand piano version of "i am hydrogen"

DIDM

Malaika
Veteran
not gonna search for this but here is what I consider the ultimate party mix

Phish Destroys America

The funkiest shit of 97

http://keepitsurreal.com/post/102317720/phish-destroys-america-best-of-97-content-sbds

13 years ago the popular rock band Phish set off for a 21-date fall tour that is arguably the best run they ever played. Fall `97 saw the band finally embracing their success and adding elements of whitebred funk throughout many of the strong jams that seemed to come out of nowhere each night. Nasty doesn't even begin to do it justice. Phish wasn't into giving their tours names, but Fall `97 quickly was given the "Phish Destroys America" moniker by fans, thanks to a controversial Ames Design tour poster used to advertise the tour opener. The title fits the tour perfectly, as fans were treated to many nights of Treynal Destruction.

This is a compilation of songs from Fall '97 that was made by a fan. All of the segues from song to song are flawless and all the songs are also soundboard quality. This is a must have for any Phish fan or anyone that appreciates incredible funky improvisational music!"

I hope you enjoy it, I know I have

Disc 1
1 Halley's Comet (11/22/97)
2 Tweezer (11/17/97)
3 Ghost -> (11/17/97)
4 Johnny B. Goode (11/17/97)

Disc 2
1 Tube -> (12/7/97)
2 Slave To The Traffic Light (12/7/97)
3 Timber Ho (11/28/97)
4 It's Ice -> (12/7/97)
5 Swept Away -> Steep -> (12/7/97)
6 It's Ice (12/7/97)
7 Theme From The Bottom (12/29/97)
8 Fluffhead (12/29/97)

Disc 3
1 Down With Disease -> (12/11/97)
2 David Bowie -> (7/30/97)
3 Cities -> (7/30/97)
4 David Bowie (7/30/97)
5 AC/DC Bag (12/30/97)

Disc 4
1 Runaway Jim -> (7/22/97)
2 My Soul (7/22/97)
3 Reba (11/17/97)
4 Black-Eyed Katy (11/28/97)
5 Run Like An Antelope -> (12/29/97)
6 Possum -> (12/29/97)
7 I Can't Turn You Loose -> (12/29/97)
8 Possum (12/29/97)
9 Harry Hood (7/22/97)

Disc 5
1 Wolfman's Brother -> (11/19/97)
2 Makisupa Policeman (11/19/97)
3 Gumbo (7/29/97)
4 You Enjoy Myself -> (11/28/97)
5 I Didn't Know (11/28/97)

Disc 6
1 Jam -> (7/22/97)
2 Mike's Song -> (7/22/97)
3 Simple -> (7/22/97)
4 I Am Hydrogen -> (7/22/97)
5 Weekapaug Groove (7/22/97)
6 Drowned -> (12/11/97)
7 Roses Are Free -> (12/11/97)
8 Big Black Furry Creature From Mars -> (12/11/97)
9 A Day In The Life (12/7/97)

budman678

Veteran
i think i post early the comp from 2010-2011 called

Phish Rebuilds America and is the best PLINKO funk comp