What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldfogey8

My TV has turned itself on many, many times since I've had it (2017-18).
What's freakier is; when it happens, remote nor the manual off switch shuts it down.
I need to unplug it.

It's one a them dern smart tv's.
Just thinking. My Windows laptop hijacks my external TV speaker if I leave the Bluetooth on(because I play tunes from my laptop to the speakers). Took me a couple of weeks to figure that one out. Bluetooth can do some weird things. If your TV has Bluetooth, you may be able to toggle it off in settings. Some TV remotes use IR to control the TV so it could be some other device is on the same frequency(I think) and the signal turns the TV on. Or poltergeists do like to screw with us living beings😂

SubGirl

420club
Me either I don't have the energy for all that.
They try to drag me in the drama sometimes. I just say nope
IMG_2748.gif

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
2 of my neighbors are in the middle of a light war...they try and outdo each other with too many fuggin LED's...the brazilian cartel has 8 light poles out back and 52 flood light out front...damn sure happy I planted a forest between me and the world...you can see my home from the street but nothing anywhere else...google earth it and all you see are trees...

imiubu

While I was sweeping up in the bathroom downstairs,
I noticed water leaking from the toilet tank.
Ah... that's were the water issue is aye.
So, I figure to shut the water off then flush/ hold the handle
to drain out the tank.
Well, the handle to shut off the water was broken in half
and the half that was still there slipped from my hand
and dropped down the hole lol

So, I go get my pipe wrench to manually crank it shut
and the effer starts shooting water across the room!
Oh holy hell :(
Down the basement to shut the water main off.

Called the LL and let him know. The guy doing the
bathroom/ kitchen stuff is aware and will get it fixed.
Thing is... I think he had already shut off the water to
the tank, not realizing it was leaking from the tank.
I then went to turn it off and probably over cranked it.

Only one water line into the house so... imi has no water.
I'll go down in a bit to turn it on long enough for a shower though.

I mean, it's already wet and I am certain that it has been leaking
for years as the sub floor/ 1/4 round and trim boards are all
rotting out.
Typical esp. in old houses...
start one job and there are 10 more b4 project completion!

SubGirl

420club
While I was sweeping up in the bathroom downstairs,
I noticed water leaking from the toilet tank.
Ah... that's were the water issue is aye.
So, I figure to shut the water off then flush/ hold the handle
to drain out the tank.
Well, the handle to shut off the water was broken in half
and the half that was still there slipped from my hand
and dropped down the hole lol

So, I go get my pipe wrench to manually crank it shut
and the effer starts shooting water across the room!
Oh holy hell :(
Down the basement to shut the water main off.

Called the LL and let him know. The guy doing the
bathroom/ kitchen stuff is aware and will get it fixed.
Thing is... I think he had already shut off the water to
the tank, not realizing it was leaking from the tank.
I then went to turn it off and probably over cranked it.

Only one water line into the house so... imi has no water.
I'll go down in a bit to turn it on long enough for a shower though.

I mean, it's already wet and I am certain that it has been leaking
for years as the sub floor/ 1/4 round and trim boards are all
rotting out.
Typical esp. in old houses...
start one job and there are 10 more b4 project completion!
Unfortunately that usually happens when fixing one thing in an old house. You run into more when you uncover things…

Goldhedge

2 of my neighbors are in the middle of a light war...they try and outdo each other with too many fuggin LED's...the brazilian cartel has 8 light poles out back and 52 flood light out front...damn sure happy I planted a forest between me and the world...you can see my home from the street but nothing anywhere else...google earth it and all you see are trees...
Sounds like a Daisy pellet rifle sport shoot is in your future...?

Unfortunately that usually happens when fixing one thing in an old house. You run into more when you uncover things…
Old houses = old problems, and lots of them!

oldfogey8

Old houses = old problems, and lots of them!
A lot of new houses are built using shitty materials by shitty home builders though. We replaced our 70 year old oil burner a few years ago. In the 20 years I owned the old one, I needed maybe 3 or 4 service calls. In the 3 years I have had the new one, I had to have the company who installed it come out and fix it about 10 times. Everything I buy these days I figure in getting no more than 3 years of use. Older appliances, cars and electronics all seemed to last 5-10 years or more. Too many ‘bells and whistles’ on new things so more that can go wrong with them.

Goldhedge

A lot of new houses are built using shitty materials by shitty home builders though. We replaced our 70 year old oil burner a few years ago. In the 20 years I owned the old one, I needed maybe 3 or 4 service calls. In the 3 years I have had the new one, I had to have the company who installed it come out and fix it about 10 times. Everything I buy these days I figure in getting no more than 3 years of use. Older appliances, cars and electronics all seemed to last 5-10 years or more. Too many ‘bells and whistles’ on new things so more that can go wrong with them.
We have 17 yo front load washer, dryer, & refrigerator...

Had repair guy come out for excess soap in washer code... apparently there was a wash cloth with some 'normal' soap in it tossed in the wash. FYI Have to use 'lo sudsing' laundry soap with front loaders.

He told us don't get a new anything with regards to appliances because the 'new' is crap.... all electronic goo gahs and ready to fail. Also very $$$ to fix.

I've gotten really good at replacing the dryer heat element. The key to long life on a dryer element is don't use "Hi" setting on down comforters... they eventually fluff up in the drum and air flow is blocked and the element over heats and blows the fuse, or the element.

Replaced the cooling fan on the fridge too. Piece of cake!

YT has all the instructions anyone could ask for.

Boo

Cabana’s bitch
Veteran
bought a samsung front loader washer and it smells like ass...bought a samsung fridge and it sucks as well...whirlpool from now on...got a viking stove, small burners are worthless and the big ones rival a acetylene torch...I have a lot of 60's cars and boy are they dependable when set up right...

Dime

bought a samsung front loader washer and it smells like ass...bought a samsung fridge and it sucks as well...whirlpool from now on...got a viking stove, small burners are worthless and the big ones rival a acetylene torch...I have a lot of 60's cars and boy are they dependable when set up right...

Attachments

• 442399284_122153533478089769_3501836625953475145_n.jpg
    442399284_122153533478089769_3501836625953475145_n.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Latest posts