What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

oldmaninbc

Well, I have had several days crammed packed with out of the house stuff. So it goes.
I now have time to catch up (maybe/hopefully) that y'all have typed in my short absence.
You guys ae prolific typers, lol! Me - I am okay. Okay for an ol fart. Gotta qualify that too.
It looks like everyone here is okay and have survived my being gone for a few days time.
LMOA. Long ago realized I am not too important. In fact, not very important. At all !! :D
Welcome to the age of unimportant people, we are a force of billions.

cola

Yup. Just step outside of the house for a few days and again come to realize that fact.
Try and sign up or qualify for any benefits or get money is a stark reminder of that. And,, customer service?!?
As we all know it has gone downhill every year. I believe that the internet for some reason facilitated that too.
That and dealing with anyone born post the boomer generation. Maybe its me, but they seem to not care much.
Some do, but they seem to be the exception. That, and the large number of outsourcing and non-native born help.
I think in many cases they don't pay enough to get quality help. And those that are, don't want this work.
Yikes!?! :cautious:

Last edited:

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Yup. Just step outside of the house for a few days and again come to realize that fact.
Try and sign up or qualify for any benefits or get money is a stark reminder of that. And,, customer service?!?
As we all know it has gone downhill every year. I believe that the internet for some reason facilitated that too.
That and dealing with anyone prior to the boomer generation. Maybe its me, but they seem to not care much.
Some do, but they seem to be the exception. That, and the large number of outsourcing and non-native born help.
I think in many cases they don't pay enough to get quality help. And those that are, don't want this work.
Yikes!?! :cautious:
Spot on....I feel it as well. We are not wanted....

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
There has never been anyone cured of mental illness to my knowledge.
Most people are ok and can function in society those that can't and won't remove themselves usually become a threat to themselves or others its the nature of severe mental illness.........emphasis on severe not just different or eccentric.
🤔
Okay fair enough, cured might not be a proper term...yet, but if they can be made to function independently in society without being a threat to themselves or others, that's what I would count as fixed which is why I said cured/fixed. I would also say if there is no known cure for mental illness then that's a good reason for the government to keep supporting mental health with funding. No cure can also mean no known cure at this time. There are quite a few disease/illnesses that currently don't have cures but the government still invests in them to research possible cures and treatments. Take cancer ffor example, there was a time not that long ago historically when the diagnosis of cancer was a virtual death sentence. Today many types of cancers have become cureable and treatment has been significantly improved. Also breakthru's in treatment are still happening that may lead to even more cures. I think maybe mental health doesn't get as much love as it should due to a belief among many that mental health issues are something people bring on themselves by the choices they make in life.

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
IMG_20240523_195249_1.jpg

Snows all mud now hope we get some more soon.
IMG_20240523_103049_1.jpg

Anywhere from 3 to 7 times a day he has a freshly killed mouse,squirrel or gopher in his mouth.
His technique is to flip rocks and pounce and he is really good at it for such a big goofy puppy.
Also has sit on a hand signal down 100% doing lay next.

SubGirl

420club
View attachment 19007562
Snows all mud now hope we get some more soon.
View attachment 19007563
Anywhere from 3 to 7 times a day he has a freshly killed mouse,squirrel or gopher in his mouth.
His technique is to flip rocks and pounce and he is really good at it for such a big goofy puppy.
Also has sit on a hand signal down 100% doing lay next.
Bubbas got skillz 💕

imiubu

Busy day, finally sitting down to relax.
Canna cap is just starting to kick in.
For a quick start, BOG's Sour Grape
is in the bowl :)
Man, don't smoke any herb for a while
and the buzz is much heavier haha.

Any old farts up past bed time?
I'm feeling a bit chatty tonight :)

This talk of Crows reminded me of something...
The gal at one of my favorite shops had a T Shirt
on that had 2 images of Crows on the front.
Underneath it said : Almost a Murder
I was looking quizzically and she just smiling.
Then I let out a chuckle... haha, "took me a minute!".

Meh... not that funny... guess it's one of those... hadta be there moments :)

HempKat

Veteran
Maybe it suggests the young are paying attention to things like the economy and performance in office?
Well I would say they aren't paying that much attention to performance in office. When you draw up a score card of the successes Biden has had in trying to improve the economy he's actually done a pretty good job compared to a lot of past Presidents that were considered popular. Much of what makes Biden look bad or any other President for that matter isn't as much the President's fault as it is the fault of congress to legislatively support the President's agenda. To often the party that lost the White House or the majority in either branch of Congress, see's their role as reying to do their best to keep the President or congressional majority from scoring wins in the hopes they regain control because the public is disappointed in the results. Case in point, the foreign aide package from a few months back. The first round the Republicans blocked it refusing to sign it without it containing anything to try to fix the border issues. So it went back to congress and a bipartisan committee worked hard to add the most comprehensive immigration reform seen in this country for decades. The revised bill was looking so good that it was widely seen as being sure to pass. Then the leadership of the minority told the republicans in congress to block it, to not give Biden such a win so close to election and therby take awayone of their main campaign points against Biden. One of the more common complaints on both sides of the aisle about the state of our country is the immigration problem. Yet Biden and the Democrats get all the blame even though it was republicans who kept the most significant immigration reform in decades from passing. Not because it was a terrible package but because they were afraid it would be seen as a win for the Democrats in the upcoming election. So hear you have the Republicans blocking the thing so many in the country want dealt with not because it was bad but because they didn't want Biden and the Democrats to score a win. The republicans put their desire to take back control over serving the will of the people.

I'm not saying it's only the Republicans to do that either. They are just responsible for this more recent example. If you go back in history there are plenty of examples where Democrats have done similar things to Republican administrations and majorities. That's why the Congress has been seen largely as a do nothing Congress for years and why it has held a historic record of disapproval for years. If any election should be seen as a reflection of the will of the majority it should be the Presidential election since it's the President that sets the agenda. Instead of trying to cause the President to fail by blocking his agenda, members of Congress should all work towards supporting that agenda with to opposition party members in congress not trying to block the agenda but rath insure that it is done in a way that isacceptable to the constituents they represent. Too many times have we seen Republicans vote against the will of their constituents just for the sake of the appearence of party unity. Case in point, look at the recent issue of abortion bans. The public support for reproductive rights measures in the 70% range even in Republican led states. That's not just a majority but in any other situation is a super majority, hell it's almost enough to pass a constitutional amendment. Yet despite the super majority will of the people reproductive rights have been taken away and pretty much if not exclusively by the Republican party trying to force it's will over the people's will.Representatives should do their job and represent, not dictate, even if it's at the cost of the appearence of party unity.. I personally am not in favor of abortion accept in cases of rape, incest or preventing the threat of death to the mother. Personally I see it as a matter of personal responsibility, if you can't be bothered to do what is required to prevent pregnancy then it shouldn't be so easy to abort the pregnacy. Yet if the majority of the people see's things differently then niether I or anyone else should force my views on everyone else.

Last edited:

Caveman4.20

Maybe it suggests the young are paying attention to things like the economy and performance in office?
They are going to start a third party and possibly get them elected and i dint mean a kennedy… i imagine the deep state will run with it and exploit the hell out of it like usual leaving the gen z third party in shame and disgust with betrayal when said third party candidate does not fullfill the platform that got em elected…

Man putembk you grew some great chem91 im over hear speaking conspiratorial again. Muchas Gracias Amigo!

HempKat

Veteran
Personally, in my opnion, importance should always be judged in the eyes of the beholder rather then in the eye's of one's self. To feel you aren't particularly important is the view of a modest person and the world would likely be a more harmonious place if it were filled with more modest people.

imiubu

Okay fair enough, cured might not be a proper term...yet, but if they can be made to function independently in society without being a threat to themselves or others, that's what I would count as fixed which is why I said cured/fixed. I would also say if there is no known cure for mental illness then that's a good reason for the government to keep supporting mental health with funding. No cure can also mean no known cure at this time. There are quite a few disease/illnesses that currently don't have cures but the government still invests in them to research possible cures and treatments. Take cancer ffor example, there was a time not that long ago historically when the diagnosis of cancer was a virtual death sentence. Today many types of cancers have become cureable and treatment has been significantly improved. Also breakthru's in treatment are still happening that may lead to even more cures. I think maybe mental health doesn't get as much love as it should due to a belief among many that mental health issues are something people bring on themselves by the choices they make in life.

Not the subject I wanted to discuss this late in the night but...

hmmm... trying to not get too deep into it atm so... I'll try to muster up a quick summation
of what I think given the information I have currently, due to many, many years of gathering.
as it is an area of interest.

Okay... :unsure:

thinking...

There are neurodevelopemental (born) disorders and behavioral (learned) disorders.
There is crossover of the two of course.
What I currently think is that learned/ adapted behavior disorders is a direct
result of mal adaption to environmental conditions at a very young age.
Trauma incurs.
It is generational.
Mental help should be an integral part of health care.
Should begin early, to teach children how to manage their emotions.
Should not be shamed as we all are a little bit wonky and most likely
due to childhood trauma and mal adaption to those situations.

Not one of us escapes childhood unscathed yet, NO ONE
addresses that we all have emotions... what they are and
how to manage them in a healthy way.
Instead, we live in a reactive world.
Triggers.
Sigh.

I'll stop now, I'm high :)

imiubu

I find inneundo an inefficient means of communication, it leaves too much room for misunderstanding.
I'll say it outright.
I am recently uncomfortable with the influx of political posts in this thread.

This thread really is more like a chat as it moves quickly for a thread.
I enjoy the light banter, friendliness, sharing of daily life stuffs esp., regarding
being an old fart.

There are a lot of threads in the Speakers Corner for political talk.

Thx.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Been taking it easy - these lasts days - with only one hospital visit a coupla days ago - and a current physical evaluation by a doctor - he checked my recent CT chest scan and didn't find anything of concern in the lungs - or around them - looks like I'm recovering well without extra things to worry about so far - managed to get St Thomas's outpatient pharmacy to give me more edoxaban 60mg - blood thinners - and the doctor said that I will probably be on this med for the rest of my life - which is kinds sad 😔 for me to accept - but if that's the way to prevent heart attacks - and live on - then that's the way I'll go - getting old sure is a medical magical mystery tour - lol
2024-05-2405.10.058765955288846138444.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts