What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
My kids just came home from school - at the same time as Virgin MEDIA calling me - so I told them I'm recovering from surgery - and to leave me alone - I don't love nor want their crap service any more etc

- the kids laughed - because they are much happier with the new EE broadband service - at least they can do their homework - was snooz'in on the sofa before all that activity - after walking a coupla miles and doing a bit of shopping earlier today - I feel alright considering - and got into a quick march stride - on my walk - without losing my breath - so oxygen uptake seems to be OK 👍 -

Took the top dressing off my pacemaker chest wound - and it looks fine - no infection - but still a bit sore - pain is bareable without pain killers/relief -

imiubu

So we went to church today. A rare occurrence because the wife is allergic to scents and invariably, like today even, someone ends up standing next to us smelling like "a French whorehouse after a big Saturday night run" (thanks dad). Easter lilies are the worst!

I tell people I live in a scentsless home. It gets a laugh now and then.

In any case a family friend (35 now) did the sermon today and spoke about One Child and his experience growing up in abject poverty in India. He was sponsored as a child and his is an amazing story of struggle and success. As you may know there is a cast system in India and he was at the bottom rung. Living on the streets, dirt poor and no pockets to put it in. A few years ago he was able to work and save to buy a $25K condo for his mother and father and hand them the keys to an actual home they never had before.

After Unca's inspired declamations on the perilous hazards of arrhythmia I decided to forgo the black goo and instead of wasting the dough on something silly took up the challenge to help end abject poverty for a 4 yo child in Calcutta. $44/month seems like small change these days.

So Unca your powerful words have inspired me!

Thank you for the eloquent, although well-intended reproach on the evils of caffeinated beverages!

You have helped a child!

After our State passed Medical Marijuana I became active in the 'community'.
I traveled all over the State attending as many events as I was able and met
a great many folks over the next 10yrs. I was pursuing my quest to meet people
of like mind and to learn all I could about growing cannabis from those experienced.

In a short time, I met folks with 'real' conditions that cannabis had helped to
mitigate and listened to their stories. So many fascinating people and variety
of symptoms relieved from our beloved herb.
I discovered that there a a great many people who are allergic to certain
chemicals/ scents/ oils that humans put on there bodies. Reactions are
from a slight discomfort to an all out allergic event. Enough so that their
reactions would keep them from attending events where people are
gathered. Some, just doing things like Dr. visits or grocery shopping
would trigger reactions, leaving them more home bound and unable
to participate in 'daily' activities that many of us take for granted.

Around 2015 I began transitioning away from all scented products.
I do not wear any scents and now use only tallow products on
my hair/ body.

I think it was 2017 that I met a gal who is highly allergic to
nearly everything. I had expressed that I do not have any
allergies except for poison ivy/ oak.
She explained that over time our natural immunity will eventually
break down due to the continuous bombardment of environmental
'substances'. This can result in acquiring reactions/ allergies to
things that we hadn't reacted to previously.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Trying to figure out today's nefarious activities!

don’t worry , this group has plenty of ammo

IMG_8904.jpeg

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Here's a bit of fun going back to the early 1970's - SLADE - with lead singer Noddy Holder - who many thought had the greatest Rock and Roll voice ever - SLADE - were HUGE in UK and Europe - but never really had a go at the USA -

Another big SLADE hit -
Mama Weer All Crazee Now!

Last edited:

giggy

Maybe you can get some of that ensure so you will be getting some nourishment. Some folks can tolerate it when nothing seems appetizing.
Subbie, I'm eating but fill up pretty quick. Which has a good side to it, cause I need to loose more weight.
Sorry Giggy. Hope your Doctor's can solve this infection....
I hope so too.it is not as bad as it has been, so something may be going my way.

SubGirl

420club
Subbie, I'm eating but fill up pretty quick. Which has a good side to it, cause I need to loose more weight.

I hope so too.it is not as bad as it has been, so something may be going my way.
Just make sure the stuff you are eating is good for you food. Your body needs to be strong to tolerate that antibiotics. Sick to your stomach is one of the worst sicknesses I think…. I’m hoping things will start looking up. 🥰

giggy

Here's a bit of fun going back to the early 1970's - SLADE - with lead singer Noddy Holder - who many thought had the greatest Rock and Roll voice ever - SLADE - were HUGE in UK and Europe - but never really had a go at the USA -

I do remember them. As far as the best voice, there are to many to pick one. There are some great ones out there I'm a big fan of dio and Freddy as just a couple.

SubGirl

420club

Another big SLADE hit -

Maybe never really had a go at the USA but somehow we have vinyl of theirs out our collection. 😁
IMG_0006.jpeg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

Another big SLADE hit -

Hi Gypsy, nice to hear you're home and running on mains power now.

We listen to a GlamRock radio show on a Saturday night... then I play more rock with a dash of glam...!!!
Slade make up quite a bit of what's played. I've had the honour of dealing with Noddy and pals a couple of times with my old job as a press photographer in the Midlands.

The lyrics to quite a few of those glam tunes are a bit wrong though. Grown men singing songs aimed at schoolgirls. :snap out of it:

But the 70s were a strange time... I was born. :whee:

Anyway, any of you OFs know a bit about smoking meat?
I've had a smoker for a couple of years and have tried a few things a few times, but it just seems to live in the shed for now as I can't quite get the knack.
I;m thinking of busting it out soon and doing some more cuts of cow on there.

Hope you're all having fun. I've been on the shovel terracing the slope out of the garden for the last 3 days. I'm fit to drop.

Latest posts

Latest posts