What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Africanna

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I am not familiar with and have not taken any of those. Hopefully those don"t have anything to do with treating an infection unless it is at the preventative stage. They gave me plenty of pain pills too and then suddenly cut me off. I guess with the young folks dying here of similarly related stuff they are very careful. I switched to ibuprofen and, like you, got off the hard stuff to absolutely nothing as soon as possible. Regularity definitely seems to favor that course!
No - none of my meds are for treating an infection - one is for controlling high blood pressure - Ramipril - but now I've had my Mitral valve fix - I don't have high blood pressure any more -
Furosemide is a water pill - that stops edema or water retention - which I think is good - because I've had a little edema - gone now -

Edoxaban is a blood thinner - and stops blood clots happening -
Ezetimibe - lowers cholesterol - but I don't have high cholesterol - so that's odd -
Pantoprazole - is a gastro-resistant pill - and reduces the amount of acid in the stomach - but I've never had acid reflux or any stomach problems before - so that's odd too -

Makes me wonder why I was prescribed most of these meds -

Magu🌈

No - none of my meds are for treating an infection - one is for controlling high blood pressure - Ramipril - but now I've had my Mitral valve fix - I don't have high blood pressure any more -
Furosemide is a water pill - that stops edema or water retention - which I think is good - because I've had a little edema - gone now -

Ezetimibe - lowers cholesterol - but I don't have high cholesterol - so that's odd -
Pantoprazole - is a gastro-resistant pill - and reduces the amount of acid in the stomach - but I've never had acid reflux or any stomach problems before - so that's odd too -

I am not a doctor but I play one on tv. 🤣 Those meds look like mostly blood thinners to stop any clots from forming and plugging up your new ticker and the water pill is probably to keep your lungs from filling with water. Thats my best guess. 🤷 Where do I send my bill? 🤣

hfm

Maybe something like this?
1000018870.jpg

Unca Walt

420club
thanks for teaching us all about this awesome bird
or is it a fowl? or is it a super chicken!

/some of you old farts might remember this
im celebrating a b-day this month too!
may babies!! :)
so how old are they before they start displaying that beautiful plumage?

i like learning about new things

They start practicing as babies. The all try out their hiney feathers. It's cute -- sorta like little kids with Daddy's shoes on.

1715507472671.jpeg

They really get going as teenagers:
1715507522100.jpeg

Note all their neck feathers are green, like their momma's (she's the big one just to the right of her fluffed-up teenager. The boys' neck feathers turn electric blue when they mature.

Back when they were tiny, they stayed under mama. Looks like an 8-legged peahen:
1715508024568.jpeg

Trivia: My back yard. See that little flame tree in the pic below just to the left of the mango tree with the pink mangoes onnit? Hold yer hat. That sumbitch now reaches from the Norfolk Island pines on the left to OVER the mango tree. It exploded.

The little tree in between the mango and the Norfolk Island pines (now 60 feet tall) is a pecan tree. It is not one inch taller, and is less bushy after 15 years. Pecan trees do not like "sub-tropical marine" <-- Official South Floriduh climate description.
1715508592335.jpeg

Across that section of lawn, we've had a wild hog (which I shot and ate) several turkeys, foxes, otters, sandhill cranes (multi-colored examples) the usual racketycoons and iguanas, possums, rabbits, basilisks, a stink, and two lynxes... and doubtless other creatchy-poos I have not listed.
Here's a blurry foxie -- that's the macadamia nut tree behind his tail:
1715510153815.jpeg

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Morn'in all - Hmmm - just been going over all the different meds the hospital gave me to take regularly - and learning what they are all for - Jeez - got all sorts - when I went into the hospital I was only taking one med for high blood pressure (Amlodipine) - now I'm on 6 different meds - for all sorts of problems -
Ramipril -
Dispersible Aspirin -
Edoxaban -
Furosemide -
Pantoprazole -
Ezetimibe -
Is anyone here taking any of these same meds?

They gave me 2 pain killers also - Dihydrocodeine - and Paracetamol - but I don't take them - since I ain't in much pain lately - but good to have just in case I do - I 'spose -

I take Amlodipine to relax my blood vessels and reduce pressure.

My total Cholesterol has always been around 130, yet multiple doctors have tried to put me on Cholesterol reduction meds. I continue to refuse because I don't want to take anything that I don't need, as well as their side effects.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good Sunday morning and happy Mother's Day brothers and sisters! All hail Sol Rex and Mothers world wide!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif
sunny.gif
coffee.gif

Double gorgeous here again starting at 54F and predicted to reach 79F.

My tamaters and herbs are all planted, and I weeded around the rear walkway.

We are scheduled for a three generation of mother's brunch today, as well as one great granddaughter! You go girls!

283459-1676382178618.png

Unca Walt

420club
Well shoot Unca!

I even told the cardio doc I only drink 1 cup a day and he didn't think that was a problem! I suppose he didn't want to lose a prospective client??

Looks like I might have to switch to elephant piss then!
Well, as you know, Scooter is a Board Certified doctor (that's sexy doctor talk for uptown smartypants)***. He tooken me aside and gave me the true skinny:

Once you have the first Afib flutter, caffeine in any amount, even from "decaf" sources -- can trigger Afib.

***Only @60% of doctors even try to become Board Certified. And only 60% of them make it. eg: Upper class of doctors.

For your knowledge box (in case you don't have this info bit) -- there is a stupid little pointy pocket in the upper left ventrical of your heart.
Nobody knows WTF it is for, but we do know that when you get that "flutter", that little pointy pocket does NOT GET THE BLOOD IN IT PUMPED OUT. The flutter is too fast for it to be emptied.

So your heart beats at 150 beats a minute, jamming that blood in there good and tight.

What does blood do when it is left in a puddle somewhere? Yup. It congeals into a clot, right? And when the Afib stops, and your heart starts acting normally, that clot breaks free and begins to roam around your bod.

When the clot gets to your brain, Goldhedge has a massive stroke and turns into a fucking zombie and dies.

Am I being clear, here? This is no time for humor, and nothing in the above is exagerrated.

Lissen to yer Unca who is alive and typing this becuz Scooter saved my life twice.

NO FUCKING CAFFEINE. AT ALL. <-- Not even from your sainted grandmother. Got it?

Confirm. Sign Here: _______________________________

Unca Walt

420club
Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user

I was given pantoprazole after a procedure for my possible upset stomach.
I didnt take it because I have a agreement with my stomach which stands even after all these years
Good Morning Folks

Magu🌈

OK. I have a confession to make. - Im not REALLY an old fart. I freely admit this because you old guys are scaring the hell out of me ! 😳 What with your bad lumbago and sprung sacryiliac. Not to mention the “oldtimers” that I think somebodys got. I have decided that I will just stay young and beautiful forever. 😁
Last week I sang ABBA songs all day long and now I keep hearing “Band on the run” in my head. I hope that is not a bad sign. 🤪

jokerman

Premium user
OK. I have a confession to make. - Im not REALLY an old fart. I freely admit this because you old guys are scaring the hell out of me ! 😳 What with your bad lumbago and sprung sacryiliac. Not to mention the “oldtimers” that I think somebodys got. I have decided that I will just stay young and beautiful forever. 😁
Last week I sang ABBA songs all day long and now I keep hearing “Band on the run” in my head. I hope that is not a bad sign. 🤪
too late

Latest posts

Latest posts