What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
Lions scare me. I've camped with packs of yotes yelpin and howlin all around me and bear brushing the tent as they are moving in on park dumpsters. Lions scare me, I couldn't camp comfortably in your backyard.

How's Kevin? Stella Blue is getting big and becoming more independent.
Mountain lions are taken very serious here. Bears are mostly ignored but the DOW jumps on a lion encounters.

Kevin and his little sister are fine. Thank you for asking.

Last edited:

dogzter

Drapetomaniac
003 (2).jpg
001 (3).jpg

A new g13 x bsh this one absolutely reeks gonna run her again.

Magu🌈

I get the Lyme ring rash pretty regularly(might not be a thing outside of New England but Lyme Disease screws up the nervous system-comes from mice, stews a bit in deer ticks then infects humans). I have always tested negative for Lyme Disease but being a skeptic(conspiracy realist), I question the test results.
From early spring until late summer I find ticks on myself all the time. One day I pulled off 9.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
7.10 am (GMT).- just coming out of Gummydom - had my last gummy last night 🌙 and slept well 😴 - just can't sleep so well without a sleep aid these days - as my heart operation draws closer and closer - two weeks tomorrow I have to check in for it at St Thomas's hospital - the gory details alone are enough to keep one awake I reckon - not to mention the long 8-12 weeks recovery time - but after all that - I should be firing on all cylinders once again (fingers crossed 🤞) -

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
7.10 am (GMT).- just coming out of Gummydom - had my last gummy last night 🌙 and slept well 😴 - just can't sleep so well without a sleep aid these days - as my heart operation draws closer and closer - two weeks tomorrow I have to check in for it at St Thomas's hospital - the gory details alone are enough to keep one awake I reckon - not to mention the long 8-12 weeks recovery time - but after all that - I should be firing on all cylinders once again (fingers crossed 🤞) -
How long do they expect you to be in for?

I found the anxiety building up to my brain surgery, was worse than having the condition.
I turned up at the allotted date and time, only to be told, after waiting to be checked in, that they had no beds available and to come back in another week.😂 hopefully that won't be an issue for you.

Thankfully all is good now and i'm sure you'll be good too in 3months time.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
How long do they expect you to be in for?

I found the anxiety building up to my brain surgery, was worse than having the condition.
I turned up at the allotted date and time, only to be told, after waiting to be checked in, that they had no beds available and to come back in another week.😂 hopefully that won't be an issue for you.

Thankfully all is good now and i'm sure you'll be good too in 3months time.
Of course how long I'm in the hospital depends on how well the surgery goes - but it did say 4-5 days on the big booklet they gave me to orientate me for the operation - yes and you are right about building anxiety - since this will be the first time I'm gonna be literally opened up - put on a heart/lung machine while they put my heart on some tray to work on it - then put it all back and jump start the darn thing - lol

Scary story about your brain surgery - I do hope that I'm not given the run around when I go in -

Magu🌈

Of course how long I'm in the hospital depends on how well the surgery goes - but it did say 4-5 days on the big booklet they gave me to orientate me for the operation - yes and you are right about building anxiety - since this will be the first time I'm gonna be literally opened up - put on a heart/lung machine while they put my heart on some tray to work on it - then put it all back and jump start the darn thing - lol

Scary story about your brain surgery - I do hope that I'm not given the run around when I go in -
Hey Gypsy. You will be fine. My dad had open heart surgery and he was better than before. 😁 they will give you a pillow to hold against your chest to cough up the mucus buildup. It is very important that you expell that mucus and flem. Otherwise, it is a routine operation. Scary, but you can handle it. peace 🌈

Unca Walt

420club
No, just five of them in that crowd used up the battery.

Out of -- per the new Federal push -- 100% of them.

What would happen if -- per law -- ALL of those vehicles in the pic were EV's and it was hot out? Would five of them take a dump?

And when the traffic gets halted... and ALL those vehicles begin to use up their batteries...

The picture then begins to haunt you, donnit.

Last edited:

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity

Sounds scary, but thankfully these guys do this sort of thing all the time and are fucking good at it.
My surgery not only saved my life, but gave me a new one. 20 yrs later, here I am, happily retired in rural Southern Spain, watching my oranges grow and having the time of my life.

A little story...
I had my surgery at the Queen's medical centre in Nottingham.
About 2 weeks prior to my op., a story broke on the national news about excessive/suspicious deaths in one of the 4 operating theatres at the Queen's medical centre. I didn't give it much thought...not until they were wheeling me down for my surgery and my trolley was briefly parked outside a theatre that was cordoned with red tape!. That put my anxiety up.

i hope you don't end up having to take morphine for too long. I had 3 months of it and it was hell.

Unca Walt

420club
I've camped with packs of yotes yelpin and howlin all around me and bear brushing the tent
This reminded me of a story from when I wuz a little kid:

My Daddy and I went on a trip in a 1936 Buick to Sebago Lake in Maine. It was still pretty cold** at the time. We camped out -- our camping equipment was a little foldable Sterno stove and our horse blanket. I was in kid heaven.

**I remember being in utter comfort in the morning under the blanket, watching Daddy chop a hole in the ice in the bucket to wash his face.

But back to the night before: I was laying there in the dark, getting drowsy... Daddy was asleep.

And something heavy came across the lower part of my legs! Pinned them. Then I could feel it move on and away.

I do not know to to this day what the hell it was. If it was a bear, it had to have actually lain down on me. Jeez.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Hey Gypsy. You will be fine. My dad had open heart surgery and he was better than before. 😁 they will give you a pillow to hold against your chest to cough up the mucus buildup. It is very important that you expell that mucus and flem. Otherwise, it is a routine operation. Scary, but you can handle it. peace 🌈
Sounds scary, but thankfully these guys do this sort of thing all the time and are fucking good at it.
My surgery not only saved my life, but gave me a new one. 20 yrs later, here I am, happily retired in rural Southern Spain, watching my oranges grow and having the time of my life.

A little story...
I had my surgery at the Queen's medical centre in Nottingham.
About 2 weeks prior to my op., a story broke on the national news about excessive/suspicious deaths in one of the 4 operating theatres at the Queen's medical centre. I didn't give it much thought...not until they were wheeling me down for my surgery and my trolley was briefly parked outside a theatre that was cordoned with red tape!. That put my anxiety up.

i hope you don't end up having to take morphine for too long. I had 3 months of it and it was hell.
Ya - the current state of the NHS doesn't give me much confidence - what with junior doctors striking - and the huge backlog of patients they haven't got to yet - plus all the other various cock-ups and malpractice cases against them - I've waited for a long time already for this operation - thinking that I might die from a heart attack at any moment - till my hearts 💕 fixed again -
They are sure to put me on some heavy painkillers - which should be nice at first - but I know what it's like to do long term opiates - constipated hell - then kicking the dependency - all the while being somewhat in la-la-land mentally - so not functioning properly - and I'm not looking forward to that -

Unca Walt

420club

@Gypsy Nirvana -- Scooter (AKA: MySonTheDoctor) was discovered at age 8 to have a heart that sounded like a fargin rotary pump. (I got to listen to it)

Had to have open heart surgery, or he would die by the time he was a teenager. Oh. And he has a rare blood type: B- We had to have seven donors standing by during the operation. My company flew in NINE from all over the country.

BOTTOM LINE: He is 58, and currently hiking the mountain trails of Oregon. This is him jumping off a fargin cliff into ice water:
1711789003393.jpg

Oh... And he rides:
1711789148338.jpeg

So rest easy, bro... Life, she ees joost a bowl of frijoles <-- Manuel Labor

Last edited:

Magu🌈

They are sure to put me on some heavy painkillers - which should be nice at first - but I know what it's like to do long term opiates - constipated hell - then kicking the dependency - all the while being somewhat in la-la-land mentally - so not functioning properly - and I'm not looking forward to that -
My dad was not given any really heavy painkillers. And this was in 1995. He was sore for a week or two but healed really fast. He was in his late 70s. 😁

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
@Gypsy Nirvana -- Scooter (AKA: MySonTheDoctor) was discovered at age 8 to have a heart that sounded like a fargin rotary pump. (I got to listen to it)

Had to have open heart surgery, or he would die by the time he was a teenager. Oh. And he has a rare blood type: B- We had to have seven donors standing by during the operation. My company flew in NINE from all over the country.

BOTTOM LINE: He is 58, and currently hiking the mountain trails of Oregon. This is him jumping off a fargin cliff into ice water:
View attachment 18980731
Oh... And he rides:
View attachment 18980732

So rest easy, bro... Life, she ees joost a bowl of frijoles <-- Manuel Labor
Looks like a fine strapping lad these days Unca Walt - I'm glad that he got his medical problems sorted in his youth 👍 😀

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers and sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

A gorgeous clear day here starting at 41F and predicted to reach 63F.

I got my lumbar MRI and cervical spine x-ray yesterday and have seen the results. A mess, with lots of words that I had to look up, except for the words severe and degenerative. The most problematic one is L5-S1 with anterolisthesis, bilateral facet osteoarthritis, severe foraminal stenosis, and a bulging disc.

My cervical x-ray showed moderate to severe degenerative discs, posterior listhesis, facet changes, with multilevel bony neural foraminal narrowing. They suggested an MRI for a better look.

I skipped gym yesterday morning for my imaging appointment, so am going this morning.

buzzmobile

Veteran
I do have quite a high pain threshold - so maybe I can fend off taking too many heavy painkillers - 4-5 days on them is enough before a dependency gets ahold of me -
Let your mind alone, and see what happens.
Virgil Thomson
The days of awaiting 'the day' are the hardest part for me. The 'what ifs' and 'what mights' run rampant. The 'day of' has brought on a dream-like quality especially on the ride to the hospital.

You have a lot of people thinking good thoughts for you. Count me in.