What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Unca Walt

420club
Just had St Thomas's hospital cardiology/surgeons secretary call me to check on what's up with my labouring dodgy ticker (heart) - and I told them that I've had to up the Amlodipine to 15mg per day because my blood pressure has been gradually rising - it's as if my heart ❤️ is speaking to me - saying ' If you don't get this valve and left coronary artery by-pass fixed/done soon - I'm gonna blow!' - because the palpitations have been building and building the last few weeks - and feels like I have a very loud brass band in there - getting louder and louder as the days - weeks and months go by - yet still no firm date on this supposed open heart surgery 😢 - that I really do need ASAP - It's causing alot of anxiety - and I was diagnosed well over a year ago -

- She said that she would talk to the surgeon - and try get it expedited - the surgeon did say 2-3 months 2 months ago - so I'm trying to hold him to his word here - and hope and pray 🙏 that they get back to me ASAP with the good news that they will soon make a 20cm cut along my sternum - open me up and fix the darn thing - so that I can live on - and stop worrying about it killing me - leaving my wife and young kids without me - in this fugged up world -
Goddamn' socialized medicine. :mad: :comfort:

I would strongly recommend you call that secretary for an update. This will serve two purposes:

1. It will keep you informed instead of in the dark.

2. It will get that secretary to for sure talk to Bones for a solid date.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Goddamn' socialized medicine. :mad: :comfort:

I would strongly recommend you call that secretary for an update. This will serve two purposes:

1. It will keep you informed instead of in the dark.

2. It will get that secretary to for sure talk to Bones for a solid date.
As an ex uk health service pro, I'd second this and add that you try and make her your friend. Behind all good consultants is his secretary; she organises him and if you and her are telephone friends, then she'll be sure to keep nagging him to fit you in.

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
Good morning all you Cool Cats

it is surly time for some coffee and a scone with some Polenta All Fruit….

please pass the jelly

IMG_8485.jpeg

Unca Walt

420club
[Site Virgin Enters]

I have never seen nor knew anybody or anyone that even knew anybody that took "hard" drugs.

Jeez. I am your basic Captain America shield buffer. Haven't a clue what "window pane" specifically is. Nor the other stuff.

How a guy who has actually seen (and photographed) girl slaves for sale, and who has personally done a truckload of some really medieval shit can be so innocent/ignorant is an amazing thing about our society/civilization.

[Site Virgin Out]

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Wow! I remember them playing this every Saturday at the local outdoor roller skating rink.
Not heard it in years. Thanks 😍
Yeah - we would go to dances - with big sound systems playing a lot of Ska - Bluebeat - Rocksteady - and Reggae music - and dance around alot - mixing with 1st and 2nd generation (in England) Jamaican kids - Jamaica is where that type of music came from - and we loved 😍 it -

Here's another Dave and Ansel Collins number - that topped the charts for weeks - 'Double Barrel' - GET DANCING!

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning brothers an sisters!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

Another gorgeous day starting at 48F and predicted to reach 69F.

We celebrated St Patrick's Day again yesterday with the corn beef and cabbage that Grayfox was too busy to fix Sunday. A good brisket this year and always a treat.

Annual furnace servicing today for here and the rentals, starting at 07:30 AM until we are done sometime this afternoon.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
As an ex uk health service pro, I'd second this and add that you try and make her your friend. Behind all good consultants is his secretary; she organises him and if you and her are telephone friends, then she'll be sure to keep nagging him to fit you in.
Also @Unca Walt - Yep - must get on to the telling bone and bother the crap outa that secretary gal 👧 - good advice - thanks for caring 👍

Thegreengrower64

If I wuz the other guy, I would play the artful dodger and wear Tyson out -- the age gap has one undeniable characteristic: Stamina.

Half-century old muscle tissue cannot cleanse itself of lactic acidosis anywhere near as quickly or completely.

He will tire sooner. And deeper. So the other dude has to -- if necessary -- run around the ring for five rounds with Tyson chasing him.

🤣. I'd be so artful at dodging, I think I'd dodge even showing up.

Hombre del mont

Dr of Stupidity
Yeah - we would go to dances - with big sound systems playing a lot of Ska - Bluebeat - Rocksteady - and Reggae music - and dance around alot - mixing with 1st and 2nd generation (in England) Jamaican kids - Jamaica is where that type of music came from - and we loved 😍 it -

Here's another Dave and Ansel Collins number - that topped the charts for weeks - 'Double Barrel' - GET DANCING!

Cool. You beat me to it; I was going to post that myself.

I lived out in a very small rural village and would walk to the next (big) village (strangely everybody there was red haired; I was young and innocent and thankfully didn't know about incest), where they had an outdoor roller skating rink (it was real cheap and nasty). I knew nothing of Jamaican culture but the DJ obviously did as he played a lot ska and blue beat and reggae. 😍

No body smoked dope!. I was fascinated by it, but unable to get it for love or money; that is until the day that a weird freaky looking bloke in loons and a purple shirt started dating one of the older girls in the village. He gave me a couple of tokes of some grass one afternoon and that was that. 🙂

3 years later I would go on the back of my mates Velocette to a town where his dad lived with a hippy type chic on Friday evening and smoke tai sticks, Durban and a lot of Afghani. For quite a few years I predominantly knew only middle aged smokers. They kept me away from hard drugs, but they did introduce me to wonderful world of psychedelics.😂

"The memories of a man in his old age, are the deeds of a man in his prime" 😂

Last edited:

jokerman

Premium user
If I wuz the other guy, I would play the artful dodger and wear Tyson out -- the age gap has one undeniable characteristic: Stamina.

Half-century old muscle tissue cannot cleanse itself of lactic acidosis anywhere near as quickly or completely.

He will tire sooner. And deeper. So the other dude has to -- if necessary -- run around the ring for five rounds with Tyson chasing him.
Never got smashed in the face like Mike would give either.
Skill and his ferocity is going to get jake

bigsur51

On a mailtrain.
Premium user
Veteran
420club
[Site Virgin Enters]

I have never seen nor knew anybody or anyone that even knew anybody that took "hard" drugs.

Jeez. I am your basic Captain America shield buffer. Haven't a clue what "window pane" specifically is. Nor the other stuff.

How a guy who has actually seen (and photographed) girl slaves for sale, and who has personally done a truckload of some really medieval shit can be so innocent/ignorant is an amazing thing about our society/civilization.

[Site Virgin Out]

hey there Brother , I know you know that we know that you know none of us know everything….

my son is a Quality Assurance VP and when he talks shop , he may as well be speaking Mandarin to me……..zoom!….right over my head

same with the medical world….medical verbiage ?….right over my head…

when I think of some of the things you have done and seen , I can only shake my head with admiration , appreciation , and astonishment!…

cheers!

IMG_8487.jpeg