What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
I still would like to be the first to have one on the east coast before Mother Nature blows them in. 😁
please don't hurry the inevitable! :oops: we've already been infested with coyotes, fire ants, giant hog weed, chinese long-horn ticks, asian tiger mosquitoes, feral pigs, and other unseemly critters like congressmen and such. :mad: ;)

Last edited:

moose eater

I bought some Lodge cast Iron recently. I was surprised at the weight and quality of the Skillet I bought off of Amazon ! Go lodge!
We used the new 15" cast iron Lodge-brand pizza pan this afternoon, along with the thinner (better) similar size older pizza stone.

Made pizzas with whole wheat pastry flour with our long-time engineered New York style dough, homemade sauce, uncured andouille sausage, sweet onion, a tiny bit of sweet bell peppers, lots of sliced fresh button-top mushrooms, sliced garlic and jalapeno-stuffed colossal green olives, sliced large black olives, jalapeno peppers, mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.

I predicted that the cast-iron pizza pan would perform better where making a proper crispy but chewy NY crust was concerned, compared to the other stone we didn't use, which is the thicker of our 2 stones, and my wife agreed that that the new cast iron pan seemed to do just that..

I like cast iron for all sorts of cooking, as the heat distribution tends to be more even, but in many trips of days gone by, it simply wasn't practical to tote it all over the universe, due to its weight, etc.

Nonetheless, I suspect I'll be taking some of it in the camper van in the future. Just have to pack it in such a way that it doesn't destroy the area it's packed in, or the other items around it.

Last edited:

Unca Walt

420club
WHOA -- There is a new series out on the line of "Band of Brothers" or "Pacific".

It's about B-17 dudes. The reviews have me sold. I watched a tiny snippet (see below) and had my blood racing. I gotta find out how to see the series.

One minute that will get your blood pounding:

One review -- the guy writing it is a descendant of a B-17 pilot, and his review itself is riveting.

Last edited:

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good morning ya'll!
bigarmhug.gif
puffpuffpass_smilie.gif

More rain starting at 51F and predicted to reach 63F.

Alas, I swung by the gym twice yesterday and both times the parking lot was full and cars were lined up waiting. Ostensibly still loaded with New Year's resolutions. I may have to change my hours until the furor dies down.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are sort of divided into coast, central valley, mountains, and desert, with the greatest population density in the valley.

The valley population has surged over the last few decades, by folks looking to get away from where they came, only to bring the traditions they were attempting to escape with them.

Now the central valley is a mess, because regardless of where you go, there you are..................