What's new

The Original O'l Farts Club.

Nannymouse

The Dakotas had lots of rural schools, still in the 60's and 70's. Some of the country folk would need to find rooms to board their kids, when they hit high school age, in a nearby town that had high school. I can recall that the house that we lived in, when going to that country school, it was cold. I could scrape the frost off the bedrails of my bed. In my late teens, we had a house that we would have to shovel snow out of the bedroom, if the wind was from the right direction. We would have huge snirt storms that would leave black snow in between the storm window and inside window, if it didn't downright leak into the house. Coal and coal oil heaters, wood furnaces, and untested water, sometimes from wells, sometimes from 'free flowing, artesian' type springs. One house had water that ran into a big wooden vat and ran right out the other side through a pipe that went out a few yards from the house and then just drained onto the ground. Sorta boggy, ha. No insulation in the walls, but we did have bees move into the walls. Loved watching the bees, as their entrance was right under our bedroom window...interesting creatures.

Putembk

One Toke Over The Line
Premium user
I Lost my virginity at one of these in a 1950 Pontiac in 1963.....how bout you. Big is still a virgin....something strange is his left hand.

iu