What's new

The Organic Think Tank

cannaboy

I didn't mean to sound so negative about you lazy you are a veteran I can see, If you have grown organic before and now are on th AN its cos it is easyer to run a mission of a set up??,, I am not saying your weed is poisionuss to your customers but there is a negative effect on the enviroment when growing indoor chemicaly unless your the glass weed guy lol!!
sorry to hav e rumpled your feathers, but we are too into a quick fix these days as is the whole world. Designer gear after their DEAD LOL. we need to teach people that organics is the way to invest in the future, ENVIRONOMICS is a made up word!!

Shanti says it all,, It is very clear till the 2 sides meet there will never meet an eqiuilibrelim
It can save our world ganja if you let it,, by using lamps and fertilizers we are maintaining a argument that it is a bad plant but in effect it can grow anywhere with minimal ammount of fuss and no food.. and do what it is ment to as a weed,

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
im organic right down to my muddy boots. it's second nature to me.

i would refute that organics yield less, and i have yet to smoke any chem buds that are as smooth and tasty as my organic ones.

but what really matters is that whatever method you choose works well for you and you believe in it.

VG.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Growing, and life in general, is not a test with a right answer which makes all other answers wrong.

very true

It is worth noting:
N is not organic
P is not organic
K is not organic
Mg is not organic
Ca is not organic.
Without those inorganic minerals plants could not live.
Plants can thrive without any organic compounds.

strictly speaking the above are elements and there is no such thing as an organic element anyway. organic chemicals are carbon compounds and they dont really have much to do with organic gardening except they both use the term organic

R

RNDZL

I would disagree that a healthy, organic-fed plants is not susceptible to pest attacks. After all, pests look for healthy, sweet and tasty plants to eat. In my organic vs salt grows I usually had MORE mites on the organic side.

Organic grows NEED a wide variety of beneficial bacteria and worms to break down the complex foods that are present in organic soils, because the food is not soluble nor easily absorbed by the roots.

here is the start of the problem

as I said before, the bacterial process of turning organic materials into ions is a small part of the benefits of organics on the rhizoshpere

The bacteria do so much more than break down and deliver ions

here is one of the many known (which represent a tiny fraction of existing bacteria) bacteria

Pseudomonas fluorescens are commensal species with plants, allowing plants to attain key nutrients, degrading pollutants, and suppressing pathogens via antibiotic productions. These microbes produce secondary metabolites that suppress plant disease and signal gene expression to neighboring cells inhabiting the rhizosphere.

Pseudomonas also use siderophores from other microorganism to obtain iron which increases their survival in iron-limited environments. Plants provide these organisms with nutrients and shelter against stressful environments. (4)

One of many byproducts of plant cells include active oxygen such as superoxide which are toxic to microbes. Rhizosphere bacteria such as P. fluorescens possess superoxide dismutases to convert superoxide to hydrogen peroxide and catalases to convert peroxide to water. The presence of these enzymes contribute to Pseudomonas fluorescens’s tolerance to oxidative stress. (4)

since you consider your organic experience all inclusive and did not qualify your success with either a microscope a successful crop, why should one logically assume your correct regarding your organics opinions?

With salt-based ferts we're feeding the most readily-available predigested forms of food we can provide the plant, as indoors we simply have no time for this breakdown and digestion to occur. This seems to be the primary reason organic crops grow slightly more slowly indoors, as it takes time for these chemical and biological reactions to occur.

A) if you use amended soil indoors you can seed the soil before you use it so its at peak microbial activity

B) ACT aerated compost teas do this for you

but also you neglect to consider the hybrid method

feeding via salts and using organics to bolster plant health naturally

I know plenty of people remark on different tastes of weed, including in this thread. That your weed tastes fruitier when fed with fruit bat shit doesn't make me want it any more, it makes me want to use Sweet or Molasses or Floranectar to replicate it without tasting another animals feces.

what does it matter if its only just IONS

imo it does

if IONS were all created equal then why not grow your pot with good ole irradiated miracle grow

a N ion is a N ion radiated or not

doesn't mean radiated ions are heady

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
strictly speaking the above are elements and there is no such thing as an organic element anyway. organic chemicals are carbon compounds and they dont really have much to do with organic gardening except they both use the term organic

Exactly... organic compounds have little to do with gardening, and nothing to do with making plants grow.

Budsworth

poisoned?? lmao... by using mineral nutes?

Prove him wrong.

I think his point is like mine. The title of this thread is absolutely horrible. Beginning any discussion where someone makes a statement and then wants you to prove them wrong is asinine. While the TS may have a point they want to make...I can't get past thinking this is a political forum when someone makes a statement about their opinion then says, "Prove me wrong".

Actually...the title of the thread is killin' my buzz. NiteTiger is a buzz kill. Prove me wrong.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Scientifically you can't prove a negative, it would be up to the tester to prove that it WAS poisonous.

My plants eat the same minerals as yours, grow under the same lights with the same water.

In short, if my weed is poisonous, everyone's is. Until all weed is tested by a mass spec for heavy metals, carcinogens, toxins, or other nasties you have to trust that growers have sufficient intelligence to not poison their crops and customers, or grow your own super-duper weed with your own chemicals and fertilizers that's you've had independently tested for the above impurities.

Since our atmosphere and topsoil have already been exposed to over a century of industrial pollution, do you really think there's zero possibility that there are any hazardous contaminants in outdoor or organic weed?

cannaboy

We should all do our bit to help marijuana and all you get from the usa is the commercialmcats are £$£$ hungry people who say no to legalizeation as they need money to pay the devil in silver!! The reason its not legal is billionairs want to stay billionairs and they won't let us good people clean up the plannet of Chemical bros and there shwag weed that should now all go for half price.. or be destroyed,

let us grow under the sun legaly PLEASE..

Industrilasiation has made an impact on the enviroment because the billionairs wanted to sell you oil & fags and keep you away from blessed hemp.. All industries all evil!! not needed and never have been its all a media marketing follow the sheep thing. You need 1 of these to live so to speak ..

ORGANIC does not mean out a sachet. It means time energy care. not £$£$£

V

vonforne

Grat3fulh3ad reminds me of what I forgot to post earlier. I think I posted it in te last thread like this.

Organic is a marketed term. The way most of us grow is bet termed Natural.

And then it all makes sense. :)

V

toohighmf

Veteran
you lazy man are 1 good talker you said that it is just as good but costs more do do rite. Well unless you are 100% legal you should be growing for personal use or not at all, how many people have you poisoned in your life lazy man cos I guess your very lazy and you plants could be killers!!!

Is that UK crack you smokin, boy??? you live in the UK and your talking about legalities?
come on dude. 90% of these boards users are breaking a ridiculous law that shouldn't EVEN be a law in the 1st place. LAZY IT'S TIME TO DOUBLE THE 16 LIGHTS BRO.

IF NO ONE GREW MORE THAN PERSONAL MEDS, HOW ARE THOSE DISABLED PATIENTS GOING TO GET THEIR MEDS??? THINK BEFORE YOU JUST WANDER INTO A THREAD AND TRY TO DISCREDIT SOMEONE FOR HAVING AN OPINION, AND GROWING POT FOR MED USERS. I run 16 hoods, and its all personal.. lol! :moon:

What if Lazyman grew 16 lights of organics? would that make all the nay sayers happy??? WTF does the size of the grow matter?
geez!:laughing:

diggity

I disagree that mother nature knows best.

You need to think outside the box here lazy man. While you are eating your chips made from round-up ready corn, please ask yourself not if man is more powerful than mother nature and that if we know best, but ask yourself does it make it morally and ethically right to do so just because we can?

Salt-based ferts and GMO seeds are necessary to feed the earth's burgeoning population. The earth only has enough arable land to feed 4 billion people if every farm were organic. Since we're already at 6 billion, which 2 billion people should starve to death?

ok lets look at the facts here. The root issue of starvation is NOT lack of food; it is the lack of being able to distribute food evenly among everyone that is the issue. the issue is people rely on others for food, that is not sustainable...we could achieve all organic production in this country.. sounds like you dont want to be a part of that though, thats cool.

Organics are not the future of farming, they are a gladly forgotten past. Anything mother nature can do I can do better!

Wow what are you god? you know what the future beholds? Thankfully it is not a gladly forgotten past and the people supporting the small organic food movement are part of the SOLUTION not the problem (as you appear to be)

It's all good guys, just trying to keep the conversation civil and fact-based.

please, THINK next time you post

Last edited:

toohighmf

Veteran
diggity, not to disrespect, but We can all beat mother nature in the growing game. I am god- of a 18x20x8' room! As you are the god of your domain. We play gos when we grow indoors. It's why we took things indoors and build hydroponic systems that beat soil pots 90% of the time in the yield dept. thinking outside the box is exactly what hydro growers like Lazyman and myself do on the regular. perhaps the organic farmer can learn a thing or 2 about thinking outside the box from us hydro snobs!

diggity

diggity, not to disrespect, but We can all beat mother nature in the growing game. I am god- of a 18x20x8' room! As you are the god of your domain. We play gos when we grow indoors. It's why we took things indoors and build hydroponic systems that beat soil pots 90% of the time in the yield dept. thinking outside the box is exactly what hydro growers like Lazyman and myself do on the regular. perhaps the organic farmer can learn a thing or 2 about thinking outside the box from us hydro snobs!

well personally I believe I have more to learn from the Amish than I will ever have to learn from people putting synthetic chemical ferts in their hydro systems. :rasta:

Grat3fulh3ad

The Voice of Reason
Veteran
hehe they have their ways and it works for them :tiphat:

indeed... but not wanting to learn anything and there being nothing to learn are to completely different propositions. :D

walking to town works.
riding a bike works better.
why would I refuse to learn to ride, just because walking works?

cannaboy

Are these guy's for real You will need to double your grow if thats how your carying on.

Crack uk.. not any more,thats a black and a USA thing it comes from there afterall no??,,, Not for me anyway but I see you still miss the point on it being legal perhaps you started on crack as a baby before you were concived!!!

You mate got murked!!! I need state no more true economic facts or about moralities!!

Disabled people should get given dope for free,, regardless of a propper law,, changed or not charged for it the way the law stands and with that law would 16 lights be any good??? That small league, and you have many big players in the usa all are BENT and are out to get your £$£$ o!!

The big men on IC have small post counts and post small usefull info for freedom fighters and clever ones never post pics of a opperation,, mainly because they come in and out and get what they need and get on with life..

And if you cant see good the mexican cartells can growing under the sun..

What if Lazyman grew 16 lights of organics? would that make all the nay sayers happy??? WTF does the size of the grow matter?
geez!

"If he did it would'nt take a genius to work out its not gonna be organic and his patients are being mislead!!! my POINT..""

Latest posts

Latest posts