What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

PDX Dopesmoker

The Oregon Weed Thread -Grows, News and Laws and Whatever

I think I'm in the whatever category with this.
Does anyone know if any of the mostly idled labs in town do dry sifting or other physical extraction processes for either pay or percentage? I've only heard of places that offer BHO/PHO/(any linear alkane)HO and CO2 extraction services.

R

Robrites

Does anyone know if any of the mostly idled labs in town do dry sifting or other physical extraction processes for either pay or percentage? I've only heard of places that offer BHO/PHO/(any linear alkane)HO and CO2 extraction services.
User BigDank is pretty in-tune with the Oregon scene...maybe he will pop in.

R

Robrites

Dreams Do Come True: Cannabis Ice Cream Hits Oregon

Dreams Do Come True: Cannabis Ice Cream Hits Oregon

Marijuana enthusiasts the world over rejoiced when Ben and Jerry’s co-founders Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield went on HuffPo Live and casually dropped a tasty bombshell: they’re totally on board with the idea of making cannabis-infused ice cream – provided it’s legal, of course.

“Ben and I have had previous experiences with substances, and I think legalizing marijuana is a wonderful thing,” Greenfield told host Alyona Minkovski . “It’s not my decision. If it were my decision, I’d be doing it, but fortunately we have wiser heads at the company that figure those things out.”

Medical marijuana patients in Oregon don’t have to wait, salivating, until Ben and Jerry’s sorts out the logistics. The prospect of simultaneously triggering, and satisfying the munchies in a perpetual, delicious munchie-loop, is here, and it’s a fantastic time to be alive: the folks over at Drip Ice Cream have already created infused ice-cream flavours ranging from Pumpkin Spice and Salted Caramel, to Coconut Lemon Zest (vegan!) , Cookies & Cream, and Honey Lavender. (No word on whether they’re working on a Heavenly Hash variety.)
http://www.oregonweed.xyz/

PDX Dopesmoker

…Drip Ice Cream have already created infused ice-cream flavours ranging from Pumpkin Spice and Salted Caramel, to Coconut Lemon Zest (vegan!) , Cookies & Cream, and Honey Lavender. (No word on whether they’re working on a Heavenly Hash variety.)
http://www.oregonweed.xyz/

Delta-9 & Bomb Squad Growers have some top quality Ice Cream products as well. I've delved into making infused whipped cream, but I haven't put it into a can yet. I daydreamed about this because its a currently unoccupied (potential) niche market.

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran

Yeah, Portland extracts still does fractal distillation and I believe absolute shatter from grain alcohol.

I'm bummed about the bho extraction work stoppage. I still have a couple nug runs to get blasted. Portland extracts claim a 2-3 month wait but some have said 6 months until October 1st.

I'm hoping in June I'll get this stuff done. Portland extracts has a huge inventory so their not stressing yet.

Anybody know any dispenseries who press rosin in portland?

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
The oha just released a news release claiming that extraction can start on April 1st for processors who submit completed applications for olcc extractor licensing under a provisional license. Looks like blasting will begin soon :D

Bradley_Danks

bdanks.com
Veteran
Can you post a link to that bigdank

I got it from an email I got by signing up for the oha newsletter. Here is a copy of the text:

"OHA bulletin offers provisional licensing to processors beginning April 1
Good morning:

Today, the Oregon Health Authority has announced that beginning April 1, cannabis processors who submit completed applications for licensing through the OHA will be allowed to operate under a provisional license. This means that extractors who follow the OHA’s rules and submit completed applications on April 1 will be able to resume operations, and that dispensaries will be allowed to except transfers of extracts from these provisionally licensed processors.

The bulletin from OHA reads:

A medical marijuana processing site that has submitted a complete application for registration with OHA is exempted from criminal liability pursuant to ORS 475B.475. The registration process with OHA opens on April 1, 2016.

Read the full text of the bulletin from OHA

As you know, the Oregon Cannabis Association’s government affairs team has been working around the clock to bring leadership from the agency, the Attorney General, the Governor’s office and the Co-Chairs of the Joint Committee on Marijuana Legalization to resolve this issue. We very much appreciate the engagement of all parties and the OHA’s responsiveness in developing a timely and workable solution.

We are continuing to review the bulletin, but we wanted to make sure you have this information right away. Please check our website at orcannabisassociation.org for updates.

Thank you.

The Oregon Cannabis Association"

T-Thunder

Great thread Robrites!
As a CO2 extractor, this new law seemed to catch most of us off guard. The shut down has allowed us to get ready for the impending Fire Marshal visit in order to get licensed by OMA. Just another $5K + and we'll will be back up and running April 1st. Damn, when does it all stop.

The sad part is we won't hear from OLCC until June at the earliest. Too bad our license applications over there can't be applied to this ruling.

TT

R

Robrites

How much does legal marijuana cost in Eugene?

How much does legal marijuana cost in Eugene?

Legal marijuana in Oregon typically sells for more inside dispensaries than illegal marijuana fetches on the street.

Not surprisingly, pot shop owners and employees say the premium price gives consumers more variety to choose from and knowledge about the product.

It became legal in Oregon to buy recreational marijuana from licensed medical marijuana dispensaries on Oct. 1.

In Eugene, recreational marijuana is selling for about $30 to $125 per quarter-ounce, according to Leafly.com, a website for marijuana buyers with information on dispensary products and prices, plus ratings and comments.

How much recreational marijuana costs depends on what type and quality of pot somebody buys and in what quantities, dispensary employees and owners say. The price also is influenced by how much dispensaries pay growers for the dried flowers.

“It just depends on how much we bought it for and how much it is going for in the market,” said Sylvan Magnus, chief executive at Moss Crossing, a medical marijuana dispensary in south Eugene.

A quarter of an ounce is the maximum amount a dispensary can legally sell each day to someone 21 and older under state rules. A quarter-ounce is slightly more than 7 grams, equal to the weight of a nickel and a penny. A quarter-ounce provides context, but looking at the per gram price provides a better idea of what people are regularly paying for pot, dispensary employees and owners say.

That’s because many people are buying recreational pot by the gram, they say.

At Eugene OG on Franklin Boulevard, customers most often buy recreational marijuana by the gram, said Alex Traylor, marketing manager.

A gram is equal to the weight of a paper clip.

“A lot of people want to try something before they commit to a lot of it,” Traylor said.

The shop uses a three-shelf system, and grams sell for $10, $12.50 and $15, including a state-mandated 25 percent tax. Traylor said a gram is enough to make a large hand-rolled cigarette, or joint, or enough to fill a couple of bowls in a marijuana pipe.

Having legal places for people to buy pot has pushed down prices in the illegal street market, said Tim Grohs, a bud tender and buyer at TJ’s Organic Provisions on Highway 99 in northwest Eugene. He said he has heard that the street price has dropped to about $35 to $65 for a quarter-ounce and about $5 to $10 for a gram — the cheapest it’s been in about a decade.

“It’s definitely reached a low,” he said. About 10 years ago, quarter-ounces sold for about $90 and grams for about $15.

Read More http://registerguard.com/rg/news/local/34199169-75/how-much-does-legal-marijuana-cost-in-eugene.html.csp

Phenome

-
ICMag Donor
Yeah, Portland extracts still does fractal distillation and I believe absolute shatter from grain alcohol.

I'm bummed about the bho extraction work stoppage. I still have a couple nug runs to get blasted. Portland extracts claim a 2-3 month wait but some have said 6 months until October 1st.

I'm hoping in June I'll get this stuff done. Portland extracts has a huge inventory so their not stressing yet.

Anybody know any dispenseries who press rosin in portland?
Hey big dank. Tree house collective is the only people i know with a decent selection of rosin but i have no clue if they press in house. You got any good cuts your tryin to part with? I figure you out of all people in the area have some elites. Let me know maybe we can work out a trade i have a good seed stock. Pm me if that works better for you.

R

Robrites

Marijuana Regulations For Deschutes County Expected In May

Marijuana Regulations For Deschutes County Expected In May

Deschutes County commissioners say they expect to make a final decision on marijuana regulations in May.

The Bulletin reports that a marijuana advisory committee has been reviewing potential rules for regulating pot in unincorporated areas of the county since the County Commission decided to “opt-out” of commercial marijuana in December.

A public hearing is planned for May 2 to consider the rule proposals and whether to continue the opt-out.

The decision to opt-out blocked all future licensing for recreational and medical marijuana businesses. County commissioners said in December that they would revisit the review process in 90 days.

The Oregon Liquor Control Commission began accepting applications for recreational marijuana businesses Jan. 4 but Deschutes County officials say they wanted more time to consider and implement regulations.

http://www.opb.org/news/article/marijuana-deschutes-county-oregon-regulations/

R

Robrites

1000 Posts. a haiku

1000 Posts. a haiku

Oregon is Best
Marijuana place out West
Buy our weed and Leave

Sluicebox

1000 posts! Congrats. And I thought I had a problem lol. You are a great contributor to these forums and damn glad to have you here. Nice haiku btw.

R

Robrites

Oregon Supreme Court approves ballot title that would place hard liquor in grocery st

Oregon Supreme Court approves ballot title that would place hard liquor in grocery st

This will raise prices...

Oregonians are one step closer to deciding this fall whether they want to buy liquor at the same places they already can grab a bottle of wine or six pack of beer.

The state Supreme Court on Thursday approved the title language of a November ballot proposal that would allow grocery stores to stock their shelves with distilled liquor across Oregon, where there are currently more places to buy legal recreational marijuana than a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Grocers behind the measure now have the go-ahead to begin gathering 88,100-plus required signatures by July, the final step to put Initiative 71, dubbed Oregonians for Competition, before voters this fall.

--Associated Press

R

Robrites

Oregon public health officials reverse course on popular marijuana extracts

Oregon public health officials reverse course on popular marijuana extracts

The Oregon Health Authority will allow dispensaries to accept marijuana extracts from processors who've submitted completed license applications after April 1, reversing a controversial policy that roiled the state's commercial cannabis processing industry.

The agency earlier this month warned Oregon's medical marijuana dispensaries not to accept cannabis extracts, like butane hash oil, from unlicensed processors.

State officials said the licensing process would not begin until April 1 and would take a few months.

The agency's rule came in response to a bill signed this month by Gov. Kate Brown, which makes unlicensed production of marijuana extracts a felony. The provision is intended to target homemade butane hash oil operations.

Oregon's cottage industry of extracts producers pushed back on the rule, arguing that it would halt extract production, lead to layoffs and send the hash oil market back underground.

The co-chairs of a joint legislative committee overseeing marijuana implementation weighed in on the policy last week, urging Lynne Saxton, director of the health authority, to "find a path forward that would enable safe production of cannabis extracts to continue without undue interruption."

Rep. Ann Lininger, D-Lake Oswego, and Senate Majority Leader Ginny Burdick, D-Portland, encouraged the agency to adopt a provisional license system or another "safe harbor" for commercial extract makers that operate within the rules.

"Oregon has in some instances allowed cannabis sector participants that have applied for permission to undertake an activity to engage in the activity on a temporary basis," the lawmakers wrote in a letter dated March 23. "The rationale for that approach—to avoid undue disruption to patients and businesses— would be well-served here."

That day, the agency issued an informational bulletin saying it would allow medical marijuana dispensaries to accept extracts from processors who have submitted completed applications, along with a $4,000 fee.

André Ourso, manager of the state's medical marijuana program, said Monday that the agency made the policy change after analyzing the marijuana legislation that came out of this year's session.

Officials said the health authority will post the list of processors that filed completed applications on its website.

Beau Whitney, chief operating officer of Greenpoint Oregon, which produces marijuana extracts for the medical marijuana market under the brands Golden XTRX and Proper Oil, said he welcomes the policy shift, saying his company is ready to submit its application as soon as the state opens the process.

"We have been ready for a long time," he said.

oregonlive.com

I

IndicaIsland

Oregon Marijuana = Government Profit

This past January marked the first month that the state of Oregon collected taxes on the sale of recreational marijuana, marking another milestone in the state’s unfolding experiment with legalized pot.

But it was the amount collected in taxes in January that raised eyebrows in Salem and around the state: The Oregon Department of Revenue pegged the amount at $3.8 million.

Let’s put that number into perspective: Obviously, no one knew for sure what sort of sales would result from the voter-mandated decision to make recreational use of marijuana legal, so state economists admitted that their estimates were little more than guesses. But they figured that Oregon would collect somewhere between $3 million and $4 million in tax revenue.

A year.

So, in other words, the amount of money collected in taxes from marijuana sales in January, just that one month, was equal to what experts were expecting for the entire year.
http://www.oregonweed.xyz/?p=94

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
whatever happens there,, will also happen in cali next I would imagine....watching !! yeehaw .....shame Oregon is so beautifull and had considered moving there at one point..