What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The Ohenry's Trip to Amsterdam

O

OHenry

BOINK! SO glad to hear from you. How was Greece?!? I'm sure you've got great pictures and even better stories!!! Fill me in. You are the reason I ended up going to the Dam so HUGE thanks go out to you! I hope we can do it again sometime soon. Your a good dad by sticking with your girls and making sure they got a full tour of the Dam. It'd be great to share that experience with my father one day. Who knows!?

We'll talk soon. Mrs.OH says hi as well! Later OH :wave: :joint:

O

OHenry

Here are some more pictures!

The four stone sculptures...(one of which has been shown here before) were all on one store front. I was amazed at the size of these as they easily stood taller than I.

Can anyone help to interpret there meanings. I've got my own theory or two but what do YOU think?

3378IMG_1626.jpg

What is this? a Symbol for all that is good about Amsterdam?

XXX- equals the sexual freedoms one my experience...lol
A train - the ease of transportation in Amsterdam
Smoke- need we say more
Furthest to the right appears to be the stem and bowl of a bong.
And all together it looks like a big joint :joint: :biglaugh:

3378IMG_1627.jpg

3378IMG_1628.jpg

This one is my particular favorite.

3378IMG_1629.jpg

O

OHenry

Now I said I took very few pictures of pot and hash but there were a few times I couldn't pass the chance.

TF's great hash. I hit this stuff maybe four or five times over the course of my stay and each time I was wacked in the face with the hit! I love this stuff. Tied with three others as the best hash I've smoked in the Dam. Thanks TF. Both my girl and I look forward to seeing you next year!
We'll be training to ride bikes more often now that we understand the reality of bike riding in Europe.

3378IMG_1666.jpg

This is or should I say this was Fredsters "Brick-O-Hash". I dunno , maybe 20-30 grams. lol. God Bless this man! I'm so glad to hear it all made it home as I am aware of the time and work that went into the process of getting it there. I hope everything is well Fred and we look forward to seeing you next year my FRIEND! :friends: :wave:

3378IMG_1651.jpg

Bog- Thanks for helping me get my feet wet in the Dam. You were one of the first I smoked with when I got there and from that point on we didn't stop. I hope to get some Bog genetics going real soon and hope your planning to get back there next year!

3378IMG_1653.jpg

Oh and one more thing...I would like to thank DG and GN again for their great hospitality. We were so surprised when we got off the plane and there was this limo to pick us up. :biglaugh: Just kidding guys! I hope we have many more years of this to look forward to...I'd like to be around when Gypsy's hair is gray! Thanks for everything :wave: . :biglaugh: OH

3378IMG_1641.jpg

G

:biglaugh: I saw that truck - a one of a kind

thanks OH - Ur very kind for an old fart :smile:

Import HASH - I love it & wish I had it year round = Next time fredster will go to work early:wink:

NOL is the Hash man :yummy:

O

OHenry

Oh yes. I will be saving a whol-lott-a money for hash next year. It will be truely disgusting! :friends: :biglaugh: :joint: :eek: OH

O

OHenry

It is amazing how much hash you can smoke when it is available. I can not wait until I can begin making my own. I've smoked hash everyday-usually all day- since I've been home from the DAM. I have about 3/8 of my original supply.lol. Oh well. I am saving 1/4 of it for this summer at some point. Should be making my own by then anyways.

I've still got a ton of pictures although I'm not sure if the IC crowd is as into the statuary pictures as I am :biglaugh: I'm giving this forum a new twist. Something else to look @!

I'll be posting more pictures tonight. Later OH

3378IMG_1674.jpg

O

OHenry

Well I just couldn't wait...here are some more. OH

Hope you all like these.

The entrance (or exit :confused: ) to a local church. This was on the back road to SB. Unreal stone and brick work. There is no way that this could be built in todays type of construction.

3378IMG_1676.jpg

The lighting was just right to catch the sun beaming through the building tops and catching the church walls. I love the depth of this one.

3378IMG_1678.jpg

Staring up at one of the many churches presents a great picture op! The framing of the blue sky really makes the brick work stand out. I also love how the window is so defined.

3378IMG_1679.jpg

This was an alley way I found on the way to the zoo I think. The footprints give this picture something special.

3378IMG_1681.jpg

This shot was taken near the end of my trip. It reflects on my feelings of leaving the Dam. I love the buildings in the background.

3378IMG_1683.jpg

O

OHenry

Where is everyone! I'm almost out of pictures~! lol.

The camera is in the shop and it should no time before I can snap shots of the plants again. I can not wait. Later OH

G

Nice picture work OH! You've captured a side of Amsterdam that most stoners miss. Good eye bro.

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
OHenry
Thanks for posting your pictures and story - I really like European architecture, and you have some beautiful examples here!

:friends: -MGJ

O

OHenry

Hi Fred, Smokey, and MrGJ.

Fred and Smokey...your both up nice and early! Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad you all like my pics. It certainly does give a whole new out look of the Dam. Next year I'll have a whole different subject matter. Maybe...POT! Later OH :joint:

Dr Watt

Who What
OHenry, just read through the thread - excellent shots - photos with good depth of field looked beautiful. I liked the blurred shot near the start. Chow for now !

:hotbounce

G

I'm not sure if the IC crowd is as into the statuary pictures as I am I'm giving this forum a new twist
:drum: This IC magger is.... :wink:

OHenry Please continue, I do find it so interesting looking at the buildings and such... The History overseas, in different countries leaves me in awe, kind'a makes me ponder what it must have been like back then.... I also love the history channel :D

I am finding your pictures quite pleasurable... peaceful... thanks so much for sharing with us...

:rasta:

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
3378IMG_1653.jpg

Looks like a good deal :yoinks: :biglaugh:

Great thread OH! :wave: Really like the pictures, it's nice to see the other side of the dam for a change, I think by now most of us know what a coffeshop looks like :biglaugh:

Flower Pot

.. thanks for sharing your pics with us ohenry.. only been to the dam once myself back in about `1976/77 and stayed on a flee infested housboat.. i can still remember hearing Cocaine by Dillinger and I feel love by Donna Summer being played everywhere.. i must get back there one day..- trouble is ive been saying that for nearly 30 years now....

O

OHenry

Thanks so much.

What a great surprise to see some action in a thread I had such pleasure creating. Thanks for stoppin by!

I've got some more pics I'll post sooner or later. Nature shots and things. My Dam collection is sure to grow even more during next years trip! Later OH

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
One question...what camera did u use?

I'm sure you've been asked before but I've not seen it in what I read :(

:wave:

O

OHenry

That camera was a Canon Digital G6. This is the best camera I've ever used. I have a Rebel Digital 8mg now and the learning curve is HUGE! The G6 is as easy a camera to use as any. If you see pictures of my plants now you can see the clear difference in my use of each one. OH

Latest posts

Latest posts