What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

The OG Pic Gallery an attempt at documenting every legit OG out there pics only!

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Here's my arugula OG, I got it from a club and they told me it's not only real (so it has to be), but it's also 72 years old and produces 2lbs per 250 watts, so I should be swiming in fire soon.

2008_05_22-Arugula2.jpg

And it's a landrace that create all the OGs or so I'm told, so again it MUST be true.

UP.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
In all seriousness this thread had good intentions, but to post EVERY og you find at a club is like having me hand pick through diarrhea to find a lump of shit. To me at least, it shows how little you may know by buying those and then to come here to spread the knowledge just muddys the waters with BS, not OG.

But alas that's how it goes and I get it, just too bad some of you are so easily duped because that in itself is cause a sway it the market. Since so many are willing to by something with two letters added, why don't we just add those two letters?

I worked at a club before the OG craze and if something didn't sell we put purple in the name, and boom we'd sell out. Often times the placebo effect worked on people and you could give them trainwreck and they'd swear they could smell the grape in there?! Anyways don't believe or grow the hype, source your cuts from trusted sources because dispensaries and even people you don't know are shady and for the most part just trying to make a buck...

my 2 pennies anyways...

UP

Last edited:

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
Oh and so I'm not just joking and complaining I'll contribute some verified Louie at day 28...

20121212_080155.jpg

20121212_075742.jpg

Nothing too special at the momment as they are just catching their stride, but when they finish up I'll be back to post harvy shots. BTW when do you Louier's take her, it's my first run with her and planned on letting her go to 60 and see where she was at. I usually try to take things down around 5-10% amber, and usually more like 5% then 10%.

Simple question: What's the difference between the SFV & Tahoe? What identifying feature's separate the two clones?

Thanks in advance,
Kanza

theyre completely different as far as differences in og's go. both are identicle on being dead on og's but in different ways.

sfv is the lemon pledge pine sol fuel.. fat 3 bladed leaves, stretchy as fuck with long ass node spacing and an easier og to grow. really nice taste and smell. red hairs, might be on more of the sativa spectrum

tahoe is more pine/earth fuel, im sure the lemon comes out in certain occasions but ime its always the strong earthy pine fuely og aroma from the tahoe.. a little less stretchy as far as node spacing, 3 bladed leaves a little early but eventually starts kicking all 5 bladers. very strong knockout high. giant fat calyxs, looks really dank. sometimes gets that weird yellowing on the leaf blade making it twist the other way like the chem d and some other og's as well. not really any hairs, more fat calyxs and frost. more on the indica spectrum of ogs.

i dont think og means ocean grown, just wouldnt make sense to me.. i make sense of it like this... people in LA and socal have been referring to good kind bud as kush for a long time. prolly cuz the best buds that went around were always "kush" and pretty sure before the og kush was the og kush it was sold as "kush" then folks would base everything kush off the og kush cuz it was the best one, everything they thought was kush was that og kush so they started calling that specific one og kush as in original.. in LA its common slang to say og anything when youre talking about the original of something. kids are like i got the og jays, the throwback jordans from 95 and shit haha.. its a figure of speech so to start calling that cut the og kush makes sense. "i got the kush" which one, "the og, the original, the one and only" which is funny cuz now theres 100s of ogs lol.. now the original should be called double og or triple og lol.

another theory that makes sense would be overgrow cuz that was a very big site for a lot of weed growers around the world, especially strain nerds and og kush was a huge part of it. the people might have meant overgrow kush named after site.. but then again thats kinda far fetched. it just makes more sense then ocean grown.. especially if it got its name in the valley? the valley isnt by the ocean. unless it was named in santa monica or long beach or some shit.

and the majority of my cuts are not from dispensarys but from very reputable people i have met on these forums and a few very reputable growers around LA, ive met a lot in this med community and being the strain nerd i am i always wanna talk cuts. i stay on the hunt.. but then again some of them are from collectives, i dont expect much from these ones but i still get them to test them out, its more of a study, a documentation of it.. im curious to see what comes out of all these plants that are og kush but with different tags.. ive actually gotten very lucky getting some really dank cuts from shops, a lot of bullshit, but definitely some come ups. might not always be what the cut really is but still good. like you might get a larry og called lebron og or some shit lol.. ive wenty to enough collectives to have figured out the legit good ones now from the shit holes.

the cuts like triangle, ghost, tahoe, true, diablo, pk, skywalker, etc etc all came from solid solid people with verified cuts via these sites.

others like inferno og, sweet & sour og, manderine og, oaksterdam og, etc came from shops. usually the ones ive never heard of.. im gonna check em all out though and see if theyre worth anything.. so far that manderine has been a come up. this is fun to me but i do understand why some people would think its stupid. some shops have really good vendors that will throw em a tray of some really dank og cuts and they dont know what they have so they just sell em for 10 bucks a pop. others there are employees like us that sell their cuts through the shop and u can get lucky cuz some of em know whats up. but most the time and especially with shops u dont know about or have bad raps, theyll just get random cuts they have no clue about and toss a stupid name og kush on it

ive gotten a lot of og kush cuts from shops that turned out to be very much not og kush. i remember getting an earth og that was for sure trainwreck lmao. i got this cut called superman og that grew so vigorous, fast and easy as hell, easiest and fastest growing plant ive ever seen, type u can tell yield monsters just by seeing it veg, i was like omg if these buds are remotely close to og kush i will love this thing so i checked and no not even close. one of the biggest yielding cuts i have ever seen. gigantic colas that fill every branch but dont smell like anything and look average. alive it looked alright but cut down like beasters. tossed that shit, how could someone even call something like that og? also got a lot of fake skywalker og, a lot of the cuts turning out to be the original skywalker blueberry x mazar. actually got some finishing flower now.. the clones i took off the tester clone that turned out fake. not that bad of a strain and a big yielder but aint fuckin with the og's.

[/QUOTE]
Originally posted by wick650:

-Tahoe= cut brough into the community by Swerve. The grower that Swerve got it from had sourced the cut in the Lake Tahoe area in the 90's.

-Larry= The Orange County Larry cut that is availble in the medical scene came from the same Orange County crew that the H.A O.G Kush came from

-SFV= There are a million O.G cuts grown in the S.F.V, however the cut that goes by this name on these forums and in medical disp. came from forum member Swerve

-Ghost= This cut came from ORGNKID, ORGNKID had sold a O.G cut to a Overgrow forum member named "Ghost" who further distributed the cut.

-Tripple OG= This cut came from ORGNKID. This cut is A.K.A Triple X/XXX O.G Kush. Triple O.G was popularly sold to medical patients by the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Abusive= This cut was brought into the community by an overgrow member named "Abusive", believe it or not Abusive claimed to have got the cut through the rapper Snoop Dogg.

-SAC#2= Cut brought into the scene by forum member O.Gkushman, O.Gkushman got the cut from DJ Muggs.

-P.R OG A.K.A Private Reserve O.G= Another O.G cut that ORGNKID brought into the scene. The cut was sold to Med patients as Private Reserve O.G through the now defunct C.A.L.M disp. of Malibu.

-Apothecary = O.G cut brought into the scene by the apothecary seed co's Brett. Brett got it from a high profile Medical MJ activist in L.A back in 1999

-Diablo= This cut came from the R.D.C disp. In the San Fernando Valley

-R*a*s*k*a*l's OG= Another cut sourced in the San Fernando Valley. Cut was bought for several thousand dollers from ******* ***** members by friends of forum member O*G*r*a*s*k*a*l

-HA OG= Cut came from an commercial H.A room in Orange County, grown by the same crew that brought the Orange County Larry cut into the medical Disp.

-Poison OG=Cut came from O.Gkushman, he grew it from seed found in a pound of O.G back in ‘96

-SAC#1 & #3= #1 came from G-Thumb in the San Fernando Valley, #3 came from San Fernando Valley but is very popular in Santa Barbara and sometimes goes by the name “Purple O.G Kush”, the cut was brought into the scene by the owner of the now defunct Hortipharm in Santa Barbara
heres this little bit of info wick posted few years back. people paste it in most og kush discussions, i thought it might help so here it is.

minor corrections from what i know would be :

the tahoe had to be before swerve, he might have been the man that made it famous and pssed it all around but pretty that cut was the product of someone else as was the larry and prolly the sfv as well.

the abusive is pretty agreed upon to not be a pure og. grows easy, yields nice, frosty bomb looking bud but a little different fuel funk then the usual og and not as powerful. not that its bad or anything.

apothecary? is this cut even well known, does it float around? i know about brett and apothecary just never heard much about apothecary og.

raskals fire cut i highly doubt was from the eme. im pretty familiar with that organization and i would highly doubt they would be the holders of some amazing extremely rare one og clone that only they had at that time. that was time when you really had to know the right people. some prison thugs that are are really mostly about stabbings and shit dont strike me as the type of folk to be close to some hippies with og cuts back then. hells angels makes sense, they have a history of having wearhouses and shit. the mafias is about extortion and thats really it. dont know where that came from, obviously a rumor.

and to add some new ones that have made a buzz.

skywalker og - released by a crew of commercial growers from sfv, the guy that would always grow the best buds name was luke so they started calling the cut they had skywalker after him. nothing to do with blueberry x mazar.

king louie xiii og - released by a dispensary in the sfv called sun valley caregivers, they closed for a while but opened back up recently. they always have that bomb ass king louie there for cheap, 10 a g, 35 a 8th, etc. i heard it was the best pheno out of a few seeds they found in some og packs.

platinum og - pretty sure its crossed with platinum kush which is master/afghani so its og kush x master/afghani.. og kush dominant, more indicaish, boosted yield, quicker flower time, easier plant to grow. a good commercial og for doing big grows, prolly why the buds are all over the med scene.

91 hollywood pure kush - a cut grown by the growers at mmrc in sherman oaks, formerly green angel of malibu. pretty sure theres a crew that all grow this cut and each person calls tag it after where it was grown like malibu pk, hollywood pk, beverly hills pk, valley pk, etc.. aka legendary pk, epic pk, pk ripper.. all the same cut. marshmellow flavor on the exhale. not as lemony, more on the potent indica side. cut grows wild and viney with thin ass branches.

triangle kush - an old cut originally from florida. it came to socal and arguably became the infamous og kush. or an s1 of the triangle kush became the og. its a rare cut. used to be really rare but has been passed around a lot as of late.

legends og - dont know the exact history on this but its arguably the original or an s1 of the original. could be an s1 of the triangle kush? definitely one of the originals though. closey held and very rare. obsoul33t has been running it for a while now and the pics look amazing. seems like more and more people are getting it lately.

any history on any more? what about the other fire cut? norcal fire maybe?

Wendull C.

Veteran
Had mine since 00' and still dont know exactly what cut it is. My boy died on a bike before the whole story was told. He introduced my area to og then and was ecstatic that he got this cut and stowed it at my house and another where it was ripped for clones. Now it is called bty here. Acronym for better than yours. I do not call it that and have always just called it sfv. Maybe some of you could pick it out by the pics? I have grown many og cuts from here and the emerald triangle and this one is the best that I have tried. flower time 63 to 70 but will hurry for you if you know how to treat her. Now let me figure out the pic posting. BTW the cut came from Granada Hills.

Has anyone herd of aggressive OG. I tried it once but it was already rolled up so i didn't get to see it. But the story was it grows very fast with big nugs and a real OG. He said it grows the same as the other og cuts but has way bigger nugs. It was potent smoke. He wont come of a cut and i cant find very much info.

N-P-Kali

Had mine since 00' and still dont know exactly what cut it is. My boy died on a bike before the whole story was told. He introduced my area to og then and was ecstatic that he got this cut and stowed it at my house and another where it was ripped for clones. Now it is called bty here. Acronym for better than yours. I do not call it that and have always just called it sfv. Maybe some of you could pick it out by the pics? I have grown many og cuts from here and the emerald triangle and this one is the best that I have tried. flower time 63 to 70 but will hurry for you if you know how to treat her. Now let me figure out the pic posting. BTW the cut came from Granada Hills.

Granada Hills. Holy S**t . That brings back memories. We probably know some of the same folks. Can't wait to see the pictures.

Has anyone herd of aggressive OG. I tried it once but it was already rolled up so i didn't get to see it. But the story was it grows very fast with big nugs and a real OG. He said it grows the same as the other og cuts but has way bigger nugs. It was potent smoke. He wont come of a cut and i cant find very much info.

theres a clone shop in the valley that vends this cut, pretty sure anyone that has it got it from there cuz ive never heard of it other then there. it grows fast and easy but is trash, not og but like almost, if it is its the worst pheno ever. the buds just barely have an og fuel smell and thats it. everything else is terrible about it. i made wax with all my buds, i even passed it to a few people and it came out the same in all mediums cuz i was thinking maybe it just didnt like soil.

this same shop also vends a true og that is the same as the agressive og.. far from the real true og.. i feel sorry for the people that buy these.. it fucked me up, i actually lost my true og cut for a while after taking cuts off the fake one thinking they were the same and never took cuts off the real one, i got it back but that pissed me off cuz i had a whole bunch of cuts that werent worth growing, straight to the trash.

this shop has other real deal ogs and some other good cuts, dont know why they keep those ones on the shelf still. i tried to tell him.

let the dude keep his agressive og and find one of the better ones and let your buds shit on his.

wendull - cant wait to see pics of your cut. i'd bet its the same as the cut i have that i got in 04 just labeled "og kush" its just an old cut from the valley that used to sell for the big bucks and never had a tag on it, this was before all the names. something tells me a lot of the original cuts people got in the early to mid 00's just labeled og are the same cut, and its a bad mutherfucker, hella viney and stretchy but amazing buds.

if i had to pick a cut that i think it most resembles i would say raskals fire. ive never had that cut but judging by the pics, the nugs look very similar with super fat calyxs and fire red hairs and all that good stuff. raskal also got his cut simply labeled "og kush" back then in the early 00's or late 90s as well. i wonder who the people were that sold him that tray cuz thats the tray he also said came with his bubba kush, his socal master and afghani kush, those folks were the holders of some very fine cuts back then. those cuts were like the epitome of california kushes.

i got a some cuts from someone labeled, og kush, bubba kush and master kush and they are all really amazing, im still trying to ffigure out if the master is the same or different then the socal master, makes me think it might be the same group of cuts. who knows.

Thanks for the info Im actually picking up some verified true og clones tomorrow Im stoked. I will take your word on the aggressive og it sounded to good to be true. Although it was pretty strong smoke but i dont remember the taste and that usually a bad thing.

Nspecta

Veteran
House of Love's Live Fire
Fire OG x OG Kush
Day 10 of flower-

Festivus~ Do you know the breeding history of this plant...where or how did the male OG Kush come about?

I'm just curious because your pics look like gorgeous Pakistani Kush plants. :canabis:

Shmoezer

Veteran
Legend OG

Legend OG

havent looked if she's on here<<<but she HAS to be<<<
doesnt get much more legit than the Legend>>>>

Attachments

• DSCN1667.jpg
    DSCN1667.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 42
  • DSCN1666.jpg
    DSCN1666.jpg