What's new

The Official NBA Discussion

emmy75

wow win a title get a big ego! is Odom on his way out too? I thought he wanted to stay with the Lakers even for less money. wonder whats up

emmy75

ok so Dwade wants Odom to join him in Florida. Man Odom really fucked up. I think Kobe makes him a better player. I seriously doubt he will be the same player in Miami.

G

Greyskull

its just talk.
nobody has signed anything yet
not that i can find.

total fucking buzzkill though

G

Greyskull

okafor for chandler?

from: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/07/27/hornets.bobcats.ap/index.html

Persons familiar with the deal say the Charlotte Bobcats are finalizing a trade that would send Emeka Okafor to the New Orleans Hornets for Tyson Chandler.

The swap of centers could be completed later Monday, two people told The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because an official announcement has not been made.

The Bobcats will be giving up the only starting center in franchise history for Chandler, who has been plagued by a left toe injury. Chandler played in only 32 games last season and a trade to Oklahoma City was rescinded because of concerns over the injury.

The deal comes less than a year after Okafor signed a six-year, $72 million deal with the Bobcats.

okafor is the most fragile beast ...

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Weird reversal of intent on that one! Hornets Been trying to dump contracts, now are willing to take on Okafor's contract?

Greyskull, how you like D-Wade visiting, whispering sweet nothings into Lamar's ear? :biglaugh:

G

Greyskull

i think its cute Odom is playing the field.
Odom is going to resign with the Lake show though.

his agent is pulling an 'agent move' trying to get more dollars/years.
the ONLY thing miami has going for it is the tax break... so even though Odom would be able to sign for about 1mil less than what the Lake Show is offering, after taxes both projected contracts (as far as i understand) are about equal.... only miami was offering more years (5 to the Lakers 3 i belive)

other than that, one contract is for the defending nba champions, and the other is for the second best team in Florida. i mean he could take 'the money' & go to a team and start, and be playoff fodder the rest of his career. or he could play for championships in one of the top major markets in sports.

on a side note I think this is motivating Kobe & Ron-Ron to come out gunning when they see miami in the regular season (cause they wont see each other in the playoffs) for trying to get their homey to 'flip sides'.

i hate agents....

G

Greyskull

from http://www.nba.com/lakers/news/09lakersagreewithlamarodom.html

The Lakers and free agent forward Lamar Odom have reached a verbal agreement on a multi-year contract, according to Odom’s agent Jeff Schwartz. Lakers spokesman John Black confirmed that the two sides have reached an agreement and hope to have a signed contract in the next few days.

In helping the Lakers to the 2008-09 title, Odom averaged 12.3 points, 9.1 rebounds and 1.35 blocks in the postseason, numbers supplemented by solid low-post and help defense and a team-leading 51.4 percent three-point stroke.

Odom started 32 regular season games last season after center Andrew Bynum went down with a torn MCL on January 31, but said in his postseason exit interview that he has absolutely no problem coming off the bench, where he returned in the playoffs. Odom also mentioned that he expects to play more in the backcourt next season, anticipating more minutes for Andrew Bynum, not to mention L.A.’s newly-acquired forward Ron Artest, who can also play at the four.

uh-oh. Lake Show wants to win it again....

its420

I go thru major withdrawls this time of year. The olympics were a jah-send last year....
I got a basketball jonesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

I got a chuckle thinkin of AI's respone to being offered a contract to play in Greece.... ***from the mind of Allen Iverson-"Greece? you want me to play in Greece? I mean come on we talkin about Greece.... Greece? seriously we are having an actual conversation about Greece? you all know how I play in games and we're talkin about Greece? I dunno wtf Greece even is but I know they invented buttfuckin and you will see me at PRACTICE b4 you see me in Greece!!!"

anybody seen starbury's webcam blog? that dude is out of his mind.... and now we all see it for real. He's crying out for help, is there a DR in the house? Head dr needed.... I dunno why he hasnt gone to play in europe, oh wait.... you gotta get offered a contract!

imma have to break out some playstation.... maybe make AI practice !!!

G

Greyskull

starbury is all wasked in the cabeza. sad
mental illness is the worst one....

Styles P

yeah dud i was watching starbury'scam last week loling so hard what a moron. i think hes on coke the way he was acting. he was crying 1 second then next hes listing to ether with his arms crossed looking at the camera for the whole song. dude has no chance of a job after hosting that show.

Latest posts

Latest posts